Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2018, 11:43 AM   #1
2018 Isata 5 30FW

Knock on space above drivers seat

I have a knock in the area above the drivers seat in the cavity below the mattress. It sounds almost like something is rolling around. I had a shop look at it and didn't find anything. They put insulation in the area. It did make the sound a little quieter but thre is still something loose and making noise. Any ideas? I was thinking about removing the panels below the mattress and looking into it myself. Thanks.

2018 Isata 5. 30FW. One month old.
Space Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 02:40 PM   #2

Do you have one of those super lifting magnets?

https://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Duty-Re...lifting+magnet

If its a bolt or a tool you should be able to attract it. if that works then move it to the end of the panel for easier removal.

2018 Isata 5 DS
sseaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:28 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Engineer sent this to help you track it down.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf D1350001.00_ISATA 5 CAB OVER SUPPORT INSTALL.pdf (945.3 KB, 140 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cowboy View Post
I have a knock in the area above the drivers seat in the cavity below the mattress. It sounds almost like something is rolling around. I had a shop look at it and didn't find anything. They put insulation in the area. It did make the sound a little quieter but thre is still something loose and making noise. Any ideas? I was thinking about removing the panels below the mattress and looking into it myself. Thanks.

2018 Isata 5. 30FW. One month old.
If all else fails you can contact Demartini RV in Grass Valley and ask how Richard fixed mine. Mine sounded as though the ladder was hitting the front part of the cab as I was driving making it rattle. If I picked up speed it would go away but at slower speed it was very obvious. He had to bolt something down. Hope this helps.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:14 AM   #5
Chief tinkerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Engineer sent this to help you track it down.

That痴 pretty neat.

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:24 AM   #6

Hey 4XGLMPR, have you had the loud squeak coming from what I believe is the dash and some are saying from the overhead bunk? I was going to call Richard to see if he has dealt with this..Thanks
Old 05-25-2018, 09:34 AM   #7
Commercial Member

In that other thread, I think it was Sean, said it is actually the clip on camera. They sprayed that with silicone or foam tape and it went away. Another user said "it can't be that easy" did the same thing and the squeak is gone.

Old 05-25-2018, 09:36 AM   #8

thanks Brian, Ill check that out..
Old 05-25-2018, 10:21 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaston View Post
Hey 4XGLMPR, have you had the loud squeak coming from what I believe is the dash and some are saying from the overhead bunk? I was going to call Richard to see if he has dealt with this..Thanks
I have not had the dash squeak you speak of. The overcab rolling/rattle is real distinctive and you would know it was above you.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:34 AM   #10
2018 Isata 5 30FW

Brian, thanks for the info. I'l take the two panels off and take a look inside. Regarding the squeak by the dash: when I had the motorhome at the Dodge dealer in Green Bay to repair the check engine light he told me they have had a few other ones with the same complaint. I will check for the camera/ mirror solution and let you know. I also want to check the hood. I have noticed that everytime the dash squeaked I could see the hood move Thank you.
Space Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:08 PM   #11
Commercial Member

high pitched sounds like that can reflect off the glass. (why tweeters can fire straight up). So doesn't surprise me that it can manifest as a "dash squeak" or just about anything else.

I had a rattle...that had me seconds away from driving my jeep into a brick wall at 75mph. It was coming from "inside" the door skin that was replaced after a deer impact.

Turns out it as a loose exhaust hanger. Vibration transferred through that area...hollow door panel became a passive speaker.

Old 05-25-2018, 03:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cowboy View Post
Brian, thanks for the info. I'l take the two panels off and take a look inside. Regarding the squeak by the dash: when I had the motorhome at the Dodge dealer in Green Bay to repair the check engine light he told me they have had a few other ones with the same complaint. I will check for the camera/ mirror solution and let you know. I also want to check the hood. I have noticed that everytime the dash squeaked I could see the hood move Thank you.
If is a squeak that sounds like it is coming from the dash its the rear view camera. I know too easy but that was the problem.

2018 Isata 5 DS
sseaner is offline   Reply With Quote