Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2018, 02:11 PM   #1

Leather Seat Upgrade

Has anyone ordered leather seat covers to replace the faux leather that comes on many of the Dynamax models. We have an Isata 3 and I would like to replace the covers with real fitted leather. Just wondering if anyone has done it and a certain manufacturer that does fitted covers well.

Just drove 720 miles this past Sunday and I miss the leather hat we have in all our cars.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman55 View Post
Has anyone ordered leather seat covers to replace the faux leather that comes on many of the Dynamax models. We have an Isata 3 and I would like to replace the covers with real fitted leather. Just wondering if anyone has done it and a certain manufacturer that does fitted covers well.

Just drove 720 miles this past Sunday and I miss the leather hat we have in all our cars.
We are looking very closely at Katzkin replacements for our Isata 5. I've seen them installed in several other vehicles over the years and they are very high quality and fit very well. The only "bummer" about them is that they require an authorized installer do the install and nobody around me can accommodate our coach. So, i'll have to pull the seats and take them to the installer and then pick them back up.

The "bummer" for you is that I don't see a "Mercedes" option in their drop-down menu for selecting a manufacturer. A quick google search did turn this up though:

https://www.autoseatskins.com/merced...s-p/j2mb95.htm
Old 09-19-2018, 12:04 PM   #3

I called Katzkin and they do have the pattern for the Mercedes 3500. Their local dealer quoted $1199 installed for both seats. Maybe not so bad for a custom install vs a user installed cover.

I can get a Coverking leather cover through Costco for about $370 (both seats). Just need to evaluate if it’s worth an extra $800 for the customs install. I looked at the reviews on Coverking and they are mixed, either real happy or not at all, not much in between which leads me to believe user install issues. Returns at Costco are hassle free, so I might try Coverking before shelling out $1200.

Brian, is the Dynamax cover installed over the factory seats? Assume the stock seats are fabric or vinyl and you put a matching cover over the factory?
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 01:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman55 View Post
I called Katzkin and they do have the pattern for the Mercedes 3500. Their local dealer quoted $1199 installed for both seats. Maybe not so bad for a custom install vs a user installed cover.

I can get a Coverking leather cover through Costco for about $370 (both seats). Just need to evaluate if it’s worth an extra $800 for the customs install. I looked at the reviews on Coverking and they are mixed, either real happy or not at all, not much in between which leads me to believe user install issues. Returns at Costco are hassle free, so I might try Coverking before shelling out $1200.

Brian, is the Dynamax cover installed over the factory seats? Assume the stock seats are fabric or vinyl and you put a matching cover over the factory?
Same question and did you get the covers from Costco Milkman? They have a sale going now.
USN-RET/DOD-RET
mlmay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 10:24 PM   #5

Check with a local car upholstery guy first. They may be able to do cheaper. And Definatly better quality.

—john
johndjmix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade