Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2016, 07:49 PM   #1

Leveling the DX3

In the Dialogue manual it shows air dump on the M2 on the HWH panel. .. in the DX3 owners manual nothing on leveling the coach. Page3-4 explains basic maintenance.

The leveling panel show engine needs to be running to level.. okay why? Also in manual mode I cant retract jacks.. its a retract all which I find kinds harsh on jacks and air spring "bags" .

Every coach I've owned I was able to dump air then level. What's up with this set up on the Dynamax.. inquiring minds want to know.
Old 03-06-2016, 01:18 PM   #2
Commercial Member

We used to offer a manual air dump. People would dump and then drive away and forget to re-inflate. They would damage the air bags and then claim them under warranty. When we would explain what they did, they did not care. They did nothing wrong and if we did not cover the air bags they would sue us.

It was a catch 22. Reduce flexibility for a very small percentage of owners or make it dummy proof for the bulk of owners. Now, its hot to the key. I think you could still add a manual switch. I can look into what we used to do.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 03:35 PM   #3

I've seen people do some pretty crazy stuff over the years... yeah if ya get a chance see what you can find out.. I may just add it.. thx.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:10 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Re-activating this thread. So it seems we have a manual dump button. Great, i assume its for odd situations? Can someone tell me the right procedure for leveling/dumping(manual dump?)/jacks/slides/engine on or off etc for arrival and departure for this coach?
Manuals are unclear
Old 05-03-2017, 06:35 PM   #5

Engine on, slides in, jacks down. Engine off slides out. We normally plug into shore power before operating slides. Manual dump would be for an u level spot, should help keep the jacks from lifting the front end off the ground to level.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:37 PM   #6

What he said^

Use dump when the ass end is in the air to bring it down a bit before leveling.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:06 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Great info, makes sense, thx!!!! So does DX3 "air down" at all when leveling? With our DP, before jacks down and leveling it would dump the air, you could see the whole coach drop.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:55 AM   #8

No the jacks will pick it up off the air bags if you dont manually do it. You'll hear the ride height control valves letting air out at that point because it thinks its too high, but its really not of any use then
Old 05-04-2017, 10:52 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
No the jacks will pick it up off the air bags if you dont manually do it. You'll hear the ride height control valves letting air out at that point because it thinks its too high, but its really not of any use then

Sounds like this is being over complicated.
My auto level works fine without any preparation other than running the engine. I have had to move the motorhome because the front wheels were more than a foot off the ground and it was unstable. Also have had to put levelers under the jacks when they sunk too far into the ground.
The slides work fine on just the battery as long as the engine is not running.
Both systems have good logic in the design of the operation.
dlfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We used to offer a manual air dump. People would dump and then drive away and forget to re-inflate. They would damage the air bags and then claim them under warranty. When we would explain what they did, they did not care. They did nothing wrong and if we did not cover the air bags they would sue us.

It was a catch 22. Reduce flexibility for a very small percentage of owners or make it dummy proof for the bulk of owners. Now, its hot to the key. I think you could still add a manual switch. I can look into what we used to do.

Why would you want to add an extra step? Automatic works fine, can't think of a use for manual. I had a motorhome with only manual....PIA.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:52 PM   #11

Correction, I had to use manual recently, followed the instructions and it worked fine.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:19 PM   #12

We always use manual, calibrated the system three times, still doesnt get it as level as manual. But I like being hands on. Lol
Old 05-27-2017, 11:23 PM   #13

"Calibrated the system" guess I'll have to check the manual, I wasn't aware it could be calibrated. I like simple.
Old 05-28-2017, 08:17 AM   #14

We had the original dealer calibrate, our local dealer calibrate and I also did it. Still seems to get more level when i do it manually. I dont even remember how to auto level now.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:43 AM   #15

Auto leveled over RV site concrete curb, (my fault for not checking), the results are a seriously bent foot plate. Any ideas out there on how to straighten a seriously bent hydraulic foot plate. Fortunately, no damage to the cylinder itself.
dmax36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 04:48 PM   #16

Try running them down on flat concrete? Might take bend out. I am sure the foot is replaceable.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:25 PM   #17

Their bent up, so wrong direction. Take a look at yours as mine are welded to the cylinder. Replacable would be better.
dmax36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:29 PM   #18

Yep, thats a tough one. Wonder how much I cylinder is?

Tags
leveling