Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2017, 12:09 PM   #1

Leveling the Isata FW manually

Has anyone figured out how much, in inches, the FW tilts to the slide side, even with the Big Foot stabilizers down? Manually leveling it is a challenge; in addition to the slide-caused tilt, the stabilizers raise the back end. I would like to avoid having to bring the slide back in in order to move off the blocks when I have to change the amount I raise it. Any tricks you can share?
RolandRevenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:46 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandRevenger View Post
Has anyone figured out how much, in inches, the FW tilts to the slide side, even with the Big Foot stabilizers down? Manually leveling it is a challenge; in addition to the slide-caused tilt, the stabilizers raise the back end. I would like to avoid having to bring the slide back in in order to move off the blocks when I have to change the amount I raise it. Any tricks you can share?

I keep a short bubble level in mine and use it on the kitchen counter. I have re leveled mine with the slides out by starting the engine and pushing the auto button again
dlfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:42 AM   #3

I also use a small bubble level on the kitchen counter.

Does anyone use slide stabilizers on their full wall slide? Just to reduce the rocking when you first sit in the dinette?
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:57 PM   #4

I wish I had automatic levelers.... unless they weigh too much and reduce cargo capacity. I have to use leveling blocks; may require several tries , of driving back and forth, to get the rig 'close enough' to level. I was using a small bubble level; I placed it right in front of the fridge on the floor since I think that is the most important area to insure is level. I recently downloaded , for free, a neat application from Truma. We don't have their water heater, but anyone can use the application. You use your phone as the level;the application tells you how much each wheel is 'off level', in inches. Then I have a better idea of how many blocks to use under the wheels that need to be raised. I am still experimenting with it, but it seems to work well. I have yet to use it to level our rv with the slide in, and then check to see how much the slide has caused that side to tilt. I hope to be able to routinely add that figure to the left side wheels when adding blocks to compensate for the slide tilt.
RolandRevenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 04:33 PM   #5

I use Anderson levelers to get side by side level and then level everything else.,also never use slide braces in case of a flat tire.. you could do to much damage to your slide.
5 stars
MacDR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, manual