Old 08-25-2016, 09:37 AM   #91

Looked at both the 36 DS and DB in person yesterday. Really liked the DS layout better. Both beautiful coaches inside and out. Seems like a perfect match of price point and quality to me.

The only issue I see is the CCC--Which was a little over 1000 on the DS. Unfortunately I don't think this is feasible for my situation. I think we would have 1000 in what we keep and pack in the coach, not including fuel and tanks. Anyone know if the CCC is figured with full fuel and tanks?

Old 08-25-2016, 09:44 AM   #92
GM

CCC is now the same for every mfg. It is GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) minus UVW (Unloaded Vehicle Weight).

UVW is the vehicle with full fuels. So it is basically the weight of the unit with FULL propane, fuel and chassis fluids. Before I arrived the chassis was ordered with dual tanks (74 gallons total). While this is great if you are an over the road trucker...it takes away from your CCC. On the bright side, you don't need to fill both tanks and on future units I have changed that to one tank. But the net effect is the same. Just fill the 52 gallon tank (rear tank). They will equalize of course, but still saves weight.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 11:15 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVdawg View Post
Looked at both the 36 DS and DB in person yesterday. Really liked the DS layout better. Both beautiful coaches inside and out. Seems like a perfect match of price point and quality to me.

The only issue I see is the CCC--Which was a little over 1000 on the DS. Unfortunately I don't think this is feasible for my situation. I think we would have 1000 in what we keep and pack in the coach, not including fuel and tanks. Anyone know if the CCC is figured with full fuel and tanks?
Hello
Old 08-26-2016, 12:27 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
CCC is now the same for every mfg. It is GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) minus UVW (Unloaded Vehicle Weight).

UVW is the vehicle with full fuels. So it is basically the weight of the unit with FULL propane, fuel and chassis fluids. Before I arrived the chassis was ordered with dual tanks (74 gallons total). While this is great if you are an over the road trucker...it takes away from your CCC. On the bright side, you don't need to fill both tanks and on future units I have changed that to one tank. But the net effect is the same. Just fill the 52 gallon tank (rear tank). They will equalize of course, but still saves weight.
So what size tank is on these. Most people would say the bigger the better.
Old 08-27-2016, 07:06 PM   #95

Plant tour and Refer

Brian, We just left Elkhart this morning and are back in Missouri now reading all of the Isata 5 posts (the good and the bad). I contacted Zac as you recommended. We met with him this past thursday afternoon for the plant tour and the Isata 5 tour, then again on friday for a follow up. He was a very gracious host and he and I even climbed under one of the chassis on the floor. He isn't just a pretty face, but he wants to get his hands and his clothes, dirty.

Ok, enough of the nice stuff. I asked him about installing a 2 way fridge. He said you wouldn't do it. Well, I have read almost every one of your Isata 5 posts and I think you will at least discuss this with me.

Can we talk about a 2 way double door fridge or even PM about it?
We are probably going to buy a new I-5 before spring but the residential fridge is a stumbling block for us. We are on our 2nd RV and both have had Dometic 2 way refrigerators. The 10 cf unit we have now is EXCELLENT. We love to camp off grid, I hate the generator noise but use ours now if necessary. No need to constantly put a drain on the house batteries when we can just run it on propane while on the road or boondocking. Would love to hear your thoughts.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:28 PM   #96
GM

Which tank? Feel tanks were 52 and 22. I am dropping the 22 to have a single 52.

Fresh is 95 gallons (just in case...but you don't need to fill it if you're conserving weight)
Black and gray are 42 each.

Explorer1016. Its not that we won't, its that we can't. There is an issue with clearance or something...so the engineer did not design in an option for an RV fridge. I have an email into him to find out what the limiting factor is (height/width). On the large trucks, when you option the "RV Fridge" it gets a 12 cubic foot. So I wonder if he just assumed that is the only one we would try to fit in. I've asked if we can't instead look at an 8 or 10 cu ft. Sometimes things have a tendency to get lost in the translation.

I will say though, on the 5 series, we offer (4) AGM batteries and solar. Once the RV fridge is cooled down...holding that temp is not nearly the same draw as getting it there. So if you plug in at home and load all the food up. The solar and AGM should hold out a decent amount of time...as long as you're not standing in front of the fridge, doors wide open, to cool off.

At some point I'll do some testing so we have some real world estimates.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:35 AM   #97

Explorer1016. Its not that we won't, its that we can't. There is an issue with clearance or something...so the engineer did not design in an option for an RV fridge. I have an email into him to find out what the limiting factor is (height/width). On the large trucks, when you option the "RV Fridge" it gets a 12 cubic foot. So I wonder if he just assumed that is the only one we would try to fit in. I've asked if we can't instead look at an 8 or 10 cu ft. Sometimes things have a tendency to get lost in the translation.

I will say though, on the 5 series, we offer (4) AGM batteries and solar. Once the RV fridge is cooled down...holding that temp is not nearly the same draw as getting it there. So if you plug in at home and load all the food up. The solar and AGM should hold out a decent amount of time...as long as you're not standing in front of the fridge, doors wide open, to cool off.

At some point I'll do some testing so we have some real world estimates.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Brian. I also understand the double door Dometic 1350 is expensive and large. I looked at one friday. We have the 10cf now and it works for us. I can see where a larger freezer would be a benefit.

The 4 AGM's and solar are an essential requirement for the 5 Series to keep from running the geny, but here in the midwest, we don't get as much sunshine as some western states do, so, another concern.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:09 PM   #98

Just picked up our new 2017 Dynamax Isata 5 36DBD on Saturday (08/27/2016). I am very impressed so far. Haven't gotten into all the details of the coach yet, but I have a couple of quick questions/comments if anyone can help.

1. To my surprise this unit didn't come with the Navigation program from UConnect. Anyone upgraded? Is it worth it?

2. The coach key doesn't seem to lock/unlock the door latch. The key looks like it's not going in all the way, so I've contacted the dealer (Dennis Dillion RV in Boise, ID) to make sure they gave me the right set. I have programmed the keyless entry and can get it to unlock the deadbolt after locking it manually from inside, but can't get it to lock the deadbolt when following the procedures listed on a sticker on the latch inside. I would think you should be able to lock/unlock the door using either the key or keyless entry.

3. Anyone know how to switch to the rear camera when driving? Does a tow need to be hooked up in order to view while towing?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:13 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Which tank? Feel tanks were 52 and 22. I am dropping the 22 to have a single 52.

Fresh is 95 gallons (just in case...but you don't need to fill it if you're conserving weight)
Black and gray are 42 each.

At some point I'll do some testing so we have some real world estimates.
I'll add that the residential fridge on the Isata 5 uses a lot less electricity than I thought it would. My last coach had a much larger, but 2012 residential fridge, and it was a juice-hog. We like to boondock and with the 4 nice AGM's and the solar, electricity is not our limiting factor on boondocking.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:27 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroker09 View Post
Just picked up our new 2017 Dynamax Isata 5 36DBD on Saturday (08/27/2016). I am very impressed so far. Haven't gotten into all the details of the coach yet, but I have a couple of quick questions/comments if anyone can help.

1. To my surprise this unit didn't come with the Navigation program from UConnect. Anyone upgraded? Is it worth it?

2. The coach key doesn't seem to lock/unlock the door latch. I have programmed the keyless entry and can get it to unlock the deadbolt after locking it manually from inside, but can't get it to lock the deadbolt when following the procedures listed on a sticker on the latch inside. I would think you should be able to lock/unlock the door using either the key or keyless entry.

3. Anyone know how to switch to the rear camera when driving? Does a tow need to be hooked up in order to view while towing?

Any help would be appreciated.
You can try going to backup camera icon on uconnect and pushing it....it works in my other Dodge

The dead bolt is same key or keyless