Old 09-02-2016, 03:08 PM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Which keyless entry do you have? The one with the buttons on the latch, or the one with buttons down below on the door?

If it's the bauer with the numbers on the latch.
Have you reset the code or is it still on the default?
The default is 3-7-1-5, then hit the button with the key on it.
It is the Bauer EM. I have reset the code. The key will not go all the way in so I believe they gave me the wrong set or it was delivered to them with the wrong set. The literature says you should be able to lock both the dead bolt and the paddle with the key. The keyless pad will unlock the dead bolt but will not lock it. I am going to change the batteries to see if that works for the keyless. Do you need the VIN of my coach?

Old 09-02-2016, 03:27 PM   #122
GM

What literature says you can lock the paddle and deadbolt? Keyless entry does not lock the paddle, nor will a key. its only deadbolt...otherwise you could lock yourself out with the keyless entry.

Even the wrong key would go in all the way. Sounds like, maybe someone broke something off in there.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 03:33 PM   #123

Quote:
What literature says you can lock the paddle and deadbolt? Keyless entry does not lock the paddle, nor will a key. its only deadbolt...otherwise you could lock yourself out with the keyless entry.

Even the wrong key would go in all the way. Sounds like, maybe someone broke something off in there.
The literature that I found on the Bauer website located here:
http://www.bauerproducts.com/wp-cont...s-21Apr-15.pdf

In the features it states: "The key will always be able to operate the paddle or dead bolt lock in case of the user forgetting the code or dead battery"
Old 09-02-2016, 03:54 PM   #124
GM

Paddle OR deadbolt, not AND. On the keyless entry they only ever have one being lockable as far as I know.

If it unlocks, it should be able to lock via the same process (but you have to wait a little bit I think). Code plus the key button
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 09-02-2016, 04:59 PM   #125

Quote:
Paddle OR deadbolt, not AND. On the keyless entry they only ever have one being lockable as far as I know.

If it unlocks, it should be able to lock via the same process (but you have to wait a little bit I think). Code plus the key button
Well, I spoke with a representative at Bauer and she informed me that the reason the key won't go all the way in is because the lock cylinder was installed incorrectly. The key slot must be installed in the 12:00 position and mine is in the 1:00 position. Now I'm forced to travel 350 miles to the dealership to have it installed/re-installed correctly. She told me she would have it repaired if I wanted to remove the entire assembly and ship it to them, but I'm a little anxious about doing this myself because there is caulking around the outside of the lock frame. Don't want to mess up the paint. I wonder how this unit made it all the way to the dealership without anyone noticing this???Hmmmmmm...
Old 09-02-2016, 05:38 PM   #126
GM

We probably need to add that to a checklist. Door mfg installs the lock, we hardly ever lock them because we are a gated facility. If we do lock them it's normally with the keyless entry. Who's the dealer? they would/should have locked it.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:05 PM   #127

Quote:
We probably need to add that to a checklist. Door mfg installs the lock, we hardly ever lock them because we are a gated facility. If we do lock them it's normally with the keyless entry. Who's the dealer? they would/should have locked it.
The dealership is Dennis Dillion RV in Boise, ID, not sure how they didn't catch it, but stuff like this happens as we all know. I've contacted them and they've put me in touch with the Dynamax representative who's name is Joe. Good idea on adding it to the checklist. The door manufacturer should add it to theirs as well. Thanks for all your help. You guys rock!
Old 09-07-2016, 03:22 PM   #128

Brian, are any Isata 5 going to be at the Dallas RV show coming up weekend after next
Old 09-07-2016, 03:31 PM   #129
GM

Might be a 35DB. (3) 36DS's have shipped down and they all sold within a week.
Old 09-07-2016, 03:34 PM   #130

Thank you, before I pull the trigger on one I have to see it in person. I'll just have to keep on trying to find one to look at ughhhhhh