Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2018, 09:50 PM   #1

Lost a rear hubcap.

Our first trip out with our new I3 to a local campground about 40 miles from the house. We arrived and right away I noticed I had lost the Dynamax logo center cap. The two retaining screws apparently backed out along the way. The screws on the other side were loose as well. Im going to see if the dealer will replace it at their cost. If not maybe BC can advise how to get a replacement.

Check those screws guys. Maybe a dab of blue loctite is a good idea.
Tgrossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:29 PM   #2

My dealer finally sent me a replacement stainless steel hubcap. I believe my sales guy pulled it from another MH on the lot. I am thankful for the replacement but it does not have the Dynamax logo on the center portion. Is that something that I could call the factory and purchase?
Old 01-11-2019, 09:45 PM   #3
Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgrossman View Post
My dealer finally sent me a replacement stainless steel hubcap. I believe my sales guy pulled it from another MH on the lot. I am thankful for the replacement but it does not have the Dynamax logo on the center portion. Is that something that I could call the factory and purchase?
Normally it's something you have to get from a dealer. There have been lots of these hubcaps coming loose and people writing about their misadventures in this forum. The best solution is to fasten them to the wheel with stainless steel wire ties. A couple of other solutions are to replace the wheels with Alcoa aluminum wheels or simply remove the hubcaps and paint the steel wheels.
sailski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:12 PM   #4
Commercial Member

the sticker is easy, I can mail that (I think we still have them)...hub cap...not sure. A lot of times those are chalked up to road hazard.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 11:34 PM   #5

Here is a pic of the stainless center cap that has the Dynamax logo. If you have the time to scare up one of the stickers that would be fantastic. Thank you.

Mail to: 5380 Ponderosa Blvd NE Hansville WA 98340
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6734EB54-FBC0-4D61-B0C8-28B748736597.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	316.5 KB
ID:	194841