Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2018, 01:31 PM   #1

LP Quick Connect

2019 Isata 3 24RW. Where is the LP Quick Connect on this thing? I have looked and looked.....
EGale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 01:58 PM   #2

I have no Isata or MH, but mine has a white sticker with red? letters saying "low pressure connection port" or something like that. It is hidden and you must get on you knees to see it.

It should have a cap over the connector and the ones I have seen are all light blue colored. If that helps. If you find out what side the LP line is on...it should be on that side.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 02:03 PM   #3

38 seconds in
Old 12-27-2018, 02:30 PM   #4
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
The reference at 38 seconds is the fill connection, main valve, and overflow "spitter valve" for the LP tank. The quick connect is shown at 1:37, on the passenger side underneath the rear compartment for the large storage area.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 02:35 PM   #5

I would have never found it without seeing the video. Mine is located in the same area. But it’s waaaay up under right next to the spare tire. I can gaurantee you it’ll never be used. Kinda useless when you have to crawl underneath on your back. That’s crazy.

Thanks for the info!
Old 12-27-2018, 02:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
The reference at 38 seconds is the fill connection, main valve, and overflow "spitter valve" for the LP tank. The quick connect is shown at 1:37, on the passenger side underneath the rear compartment for the large storage area.
I stand corrected. Thank you
Old 12-28-2018, 07:17 AM   #7

Any way to view this video with out being forced to join youtube?

Could someone just PM the shot of the fill location.

TIA
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:27 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGale View Post
I would have never found it without seeing the video. Mine is located in the same area. But it’s waaaay up under right next to the spare tire. I can gaurantee you it’ll never be used. Kinda useless when you have to crawl underneath on your back. That’s crazy.

Thanks for the info!
I think we extend them all out to the sidewall now. They are primarily for manometer testing. Those can be extended with a hose and proper fittings.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 06:51 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I think we extend them all out to the sidewall now. They are primarily for manometer testing. Those can be extended with a hose and proper fittings.
It’s advertised to be used as a LP connection. Not as a possibility. But as a feature intended to be used by the owner. Then after you buy it the explaination is different? Not trying to be critical of your reply. Only stating how I interpret your marketing vs reality.

Thank you for your participation in this forum. It means a lot to us owners.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:09 AM   #10
Commercial Member

I’m not sure I’ve changed anything. Have you called your dealer and asked them to extend it under warranty?

Old 01-05-2019, 07:25 PM   #11

Quote:
I’m not sure I’ve changed anything. Have you called your dealer and asked them to extend it under warranty?
That’s what I intend to do.

But, I have to ask, why wasn’t this done prior to it being sold?

Makes it look like Dynamax and MHS (dealer) is taking the approach that they won’t fix it unless they have to. Am I wrong to assume that’s the idea?
Old 01-05-2019, 07:48 PM   #12
Commercial Member

Is it wrong to assume that's the idea? I'm not sure I am the one to judge that, but I would certainly say it is a pessimistic view of the situation.

We use it internally as a manometer test, so a guy rough plumbs it, maybe he uses too short of hose. The guy that has to test, just knows he needs to connect to it, not thinking about the consumer use.

QC is going off of a check list, and it would say "LP quick connect". They would find it and check their box. So it ships to the dealer. The dealer gets it, they may not even be thinking about it unless a customer notes it on pick up. I know MHS plugs everything in, they test the fridge, water heater, AC, etc, etc. No other dealer that I know, plugs every single motor home of ours in, with water in the fridge, AC running. They may have not noticed it.

So what I will do, is go back and look at that language on the checklist and either change the checklist to say "LP Disconnect terminated at sidewall". Or we would add a an access door that they would terminate it in.

If you post a picture of its location I might be able to decipher a little bit more what the issue might have been. But it makes no sense for us to ship stuff off with known issues as it costs me 5 times more to fix it in the field.

This is maybe the 2nd time I have seen one not installed to the sidewall in 3 years. The first one was on an Isata 4, because that is where engineering showed it on the print...so we corrected that on the print.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:32 PM   #13

The quick disconnect on my Force is under the rear of the coach way up high by the lp tank. Useless as it sits.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:48 PM   #14

All I’m saying is that your brochure and website lists the LP Quick Coinect as a standard feature. So am I wrong to assume it should be there and usable when we purchased the unit? Evidently, I should have checked that out. But, since I didn’t, I’ll have to return it to the dealership so it can be done due to the fact that it wasn’t done when it was supposed to be done.

Please understand I am not trying to be argumentative. It’s just the principle. If there is a feature mentioned in your sales and marketing literature it should be on each unit sold as that year model.

Let’s look at it another way: when we first brought the coach home we flushed the toulet and water went everywhere. About 1-2 gallons. We had no idea why. So we cleaned it up and my wife took it back to the dealership the very next day they were open. The tech found that the toilet was not even connected to the black tank. The plumbing was there. Just not connected. We have a picture of it. So, maybe this is something we should have checked out because Dynamax and MHS obviously didn’t. But, tell me, who really dropped the ball here? Was it me? Maybe so. Because I am the one who was initially disappointed with choosing a Dynamax product. I understand that there is a warranty. Warranties are used when something breaks or fails AFTER initial use during a limited anount of time. Warranties shouldn’t be used to do things that were never done to begin with.

Again, I have a lot of respect and admiration for you being on this forum. You, sir, are a stand-up guy. I can only hope this info can be relayed to your employees and they will understand what we, the customers, are dealing with.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:08 AM   #15
Commercial Member

It's not wrong to expect it to work...I'm certainly not arguing that point. What I am saying is that I don't agree with assuming "intent". To think that we and/or the dealer did it and knowingly left it hoping that someone wouldn't notice, or wouldn't bother to ask us to correct it, is not accurate.

A warranty is for factory defects. Even recalls for automotive, many of them exist on day one...it just might take someone time to figure out it is an issue. And I am in no way implying that you dropped the ball. We obviously dropped the ball, my point was simply that are you assuming "intent" when I assure you there was none. No different than when I built my house...they gave me a blank punch list, saying "inevitably, you will find some things that you don't like. Add them to this list and we will come and take care of them" They even said "hey, check under each sink to make sure nothing is leaking after a week or so. While we test every connection...sometimes things come loose"

So, maybe the guy didn't hook it up, or maybe the connection wasn't tight enough and in the process of it going down the road or first time use it came off. I try not to assume in cases like this, I just try to figure out a way to prevent it in the future...regardless of the reason. But as the GM, I have to account for both.

Again, I agree, both items are wrong, should be corrected, and should not have gone out like that. I simply disagree with anyone's notion that we would let them go out like that knowingly.

Old 01-07-2019, 06:03 PM   #16

Quote:
It's not wrong to expect it to work...I'm certainly not arguing that point. What I am saying is that I don't agree with assuming "intent". To think that we and/or the dealer did it and knowingly left it hoping that someone wouldn't notice, or wouldn't bother to ask us to correct it, is not accurate.

A warranty is for factory defects. Even recalls for automotive, many of them exist on day one...it just might take someone time to figure out it is an issue. And I am in no way implying that you dropped the ball. We obviously dropped the ball, my point was simply that are you assuming "intent" when I assure you there was none. No different than when I built my house...they gave me a blank punch list, saying "inevitably, you will find some things that you don't like. Add them to this list and we will come and take care of them" They even said "hey, check under each sink to make sure nothing is leaking after a week or so. While we test every connection...sometimes things come loose"

So, maybe the guy didn't hook it up, or maybe the connection wasn't tight enough and in the process of it going down the road or first time use it came off. I try not to assume in cases like this, I just try to figure out a way to prevent it in the future...regardless of the reason. But as the GM, I have to account for both.

Again, I agree, both items are wrong, should be corrected, and should not have gone out like that. I simply disagree with anyone's notion that we would let them go out like that knowingly.
Yes, I agree that "intent" may be too strong of a word. But, again, I'm just telling you my point of view, and what it's based on. And I can assure you it's not from being pessimistic.

I wanted to add a couple of other comments. In 2010, we bought a brand-spankin-new 31' Airstream Classic. And let me tell you that think was pure junk. It was a complete joke. After 2 years I just gave up on it. But, so far, and though it's not perfect, this Isata 3 is much, mush better than the Airstream ever thought about being. And the people (especially yourself) on this forum are much, much, much more helpful than members on AirForums.

Thanks, again, for your help.