Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2019, 04:04 PM   #1

M2 chassis stabilizer bracket inspection recall

This is for Freightliner M2 vehicles between June 2014 and March 2018 that have model 3 Detroit front axle. The subject is Emission Recall D19M4.
I just got home from a long weekend from Dover Delaware and I this in my mail and my 2015/2016 chassis was also involved in the sway bar bracket recall from Freightliner a couple years ago. I has on the recall notice the inspection needs completed prior to September 26 2020. If you fall into this category you should have gotten or will be getting this notification.
Sunset beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:55 PM   #2

Thanks for passing this along. I'll definitely ask about it when ours is in for State Inspection in the Spring.
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:25 PM   #3

Received a notice today on my M2 2017 chassis 2018 MH DX3. Regarding Detroit axle.

I'll have to look into this. The notice did NOT say where to take the rig. I assume Freightliner. Will be making phone calls tomorrow.

Old 10-09-2019, 11:13 PM   #4

Can someone clarify? Is this recall regarding the Detroit axle or the emissions system? Does it explain what the problem is?

Thanks
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:51 AM   #5

I looked back at the paper work I received from Detroit Warranty Recall Department.

In the subject line it reads "Emission Recall D19M4 Detroit Axle M2 Chassis Stabilizer Bracket Inspection"

So I guess the axle is an emission recall ??????

Here is the letter I received:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Inked2019-10-11 detroit recall 001_LI.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	217043
Old 10-11-2019, 10:09 AM   #6

Interesting. My rig was delivered March of 2018 built on a 2017 chassis but as of today, I haven't received a letter like this. Maybe mine did not get a Detroit axle? I did enter my VIN in the Freightliner recall website and it shows no open recalls. But if this letter came from Detroit, I wonder if it will even show up as a Freightliner recall?

I did check the list of authorized Detroit service locations to perform this inspection, and in Colorado they do list TransWest Freightliner, so you should be able to find a Freightliner service facility in your area to perform the inspection.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:12 AM   #7

I called Freightliner Northwest service. The rep took my VIN and it did come up on their system. Rep said they will have to read into this and find out if parts are needed. Will be calling back.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:12 PM   #8

Just got my recall on my 2018 Dx3. Appears to me they are identifying the problem be engine number rather than VIN, hence the emissions title.
Motorhome1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:42 PM   #9

Went to Freightliner today. They did the inspection on the recall. Yep, I have one of the axles with the issue which is:

During assembly apparently some spacer washers were left out of the assembly. They go between the I-beam and the leaf spring mount pad.
The I-beam is not flat on the mounting side. There is supposed to be 3 washers on each of the U bolts to let the mount guides to center the axle on the spring pad. Mine had the 3 on the back side but none on the front side. The washers are of a specific thickness and inner/outer size. At least this is how I understand the issue. Of course none are in stock and had to be ordered.

The inspection took all of 30 minutes. 28 minutes of paperwork and the remainder to check it. Total of 12 washers needed. Should be here in 2 weeks. Then I can schedule the install.

another 240 miles round trip.
Old 12-20-2019, 02:09 PM   #10
Big Max

Thumbs up Stabilizer recall

Don't make light of this. Received corrected recall notice, first went out wrong, not emissions. Just got ours back after 17 days in shop. Was verified that we hah a unit that needed repairs. Make a long story short, after completed had a page of parts including 4 stabilizer bushings that had to be replaced due to bushings that were damaged by stabilizer that was mounted wrong, (recall issue). Needless to say coach handles "better than new". Also had to have the front end aligned.
DKBigMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 05:46 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
guess we better get ours in soon, we did receive the recall on our 2018 DX3BH
Old 12-21-2019, 06:51 AM   #12

Since we bought our 2016 DX3 used, I wonder if we’ll even get a notice. Will be checking with Transwest, Frederick, CO next week.
Ladytj1754 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recall, stabilizer