Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2018, 12:22 PM   #21
Commercial Member

I thought you had an extra screen?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 12:24 PM   #22

been kicking it around, but nothing stood out as a decent screen, so I am leaving the research up to you this time.

Now all you have to do is figure out the screen and get me a wiring diagram for the keyless entry and I can report back how it all worked out. LOL. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:28 PM   #23
Commercial Member

So now you want functional AND decent?

Old 08-21-2018, 12:30 PM   #24

You know I like quality and functional, so lets make this happen.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:22 AM   #25

I think above your head would be okay for backing up. That being said, I like using my windshield mounted screen for seeing the traffic behind me to aid with lane changes, stay alert to approaching vehicles and keep an eye on my toad. My ultimate setup would be a two cameras. One high-mount for the rear horizon and one low for back-up and keeping an eye on the toad. I nice screen would be a widescreen with both images.
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 05:41 PM   #26

I would not want another screen down low on the dash. The light is very annoying when traveling on dark roads. Up overhead would be OK
I already had subscription for Sirius radio so I disconnected the one in the XITE info system and configured my onyx to the OPT switch and into the aux connection on the XITE.
The clock quit after a month so it can disappear.

Personally I would prefer the Freightliner wrap dash on the driver's right. The backside of this would be toward the passenger and a rear screen for the toad and a navigation screen would give the DW something to do.
On the wrap dash would be the transmission controls, air controls, trans temp, differential and axle temps along with the cruise controls and air brake controls. Much like the OTR trucks have.

Then again I am OK with the flat dash but would like an always on rear camera for anything that is towed. Mounted up high and auto darkens with the evening light
Old 10-05-2018, 08:21 PM   #27

Rear view mirror mount ?

Would it be feasible to add a rear view mirror mounted to the windshield, then add the same camera overlay you mount in the I5? I really liked that set up. Your eye naturally goes there to look behind you and being up made it very easy to see and not get washed out by the sun. It also gives you the option to adjust the mirror/camera angle to the drivers preferred orientation.

You already have the rear view design and supplier so it would seem a quick fix with only needing to find a suitable rear view mirror to mount as a base and wire up the power and video signal.

Thoughts?
BellaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 10:08 AM   #28
Commercial Member

1. we don't like adding a rear view mirror for two reasons. sometimes the glue can be aggressive and when we did this on the Sprinter, it would crack the windshield when you went to adjust it. Also, the M2 does not naturally have a rear view mirror.

2. The rear view mirror camera, does not have a large enough screen to do a 4 camera output like I want.

I would also like to have as large a screen as I can get, but keep it out of the line of site so I am not creating blind spots.

Old 10-06-2018, 07:34 PM   #29

My vote would be for some additional 'pre-wired' accessory switches. I too like the idea of a video rear-view mirror. I wouldn't let the previous window cracking stop the project entirely. Just need to search for a better alternative. What are automakers using? Keep up the good work Dynamax!!
randocommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:00 PM   #30

A couple of accessory switches would definitely be nice
Old 01-18-2019, 03:27 PM   #31

M2 Dash Update

Brian, last August you were looking for suggestions to support a possible effort to install a quad camera in the M2. Were you ever able to make that happen? Just checking in the event we would have to special order the screen. Thanks. jc
JC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 03:34 PM   #32
Commercial Member

We think we have a solution...just waiting on availability. I was hoping for 2020 MY, I don't think were going to catch the front end of that. Once I get the details I will make the screen part # available. River Park is supplying.

I tested them both and liked both systems we saw, but the RVS system was 7" and 9" screens. I think the River Park version was 7" and 11" (7" for the smaller vehicles, 11", or maybe 10" for the M2's)

Old 01-18-2019, 03:44 PM   #33

And I thought I was on my email a lot when I was working. Wow. Thanks for the quick reply. Look forward to the part numbers when you get them. Would love to have had the quad system for ours but sure was not going to wait. I'm told our unit hits he line next month. Can't wait. Carry on. jc
Old 01-19-2019, 08:20 AM   #34

I am interested as well. I am guessing we will have to get the 4 camera wires from the box in the cabover to the new monitor? since there is only one cable going to the head unit now? This will be a great add I think.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:05 AM   #35

Hey, Halla. I can't imagine adding this will be that much of challenge. We won't have our unit probably until May so if you go ahead and set this up, I would really appreciate how you did it. I'll tackle anything but having an established path forward always helps. jc
Old 01-19-2019, 10:18 AM   #36

well depending on when River Park gets Brian a part number will determine on my install. I will try and get it as soon as it is available. Will keep you in the loop.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:29 AM   #37

Thank you.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:18 PM   #38

A wireless system on the camera would make retrofitting much simpler.
Working hard on “elderhood”
RKBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 03:23 PM   #39

It seems like the biggest problem to adding a new separate monitor is the connex switch with the molex connectors, I have not found away around it yet other than wireless or running new wires (Not a good option)
Graphicaccents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 06:13 PM   #40

I added a full time rear view monitor and really like the position hanging down below the reading lights. Like some have mentioned it is too bright at times so I just turn it off. Tap it on if I want to check the trailer, then shut it back off
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190119_110619.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	391.5 KB
ID:	195028  
Coolbaldguy is offline   Reply With Quote