Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2018, 10:19 AM   #21

Anyone planning a late Summer or early Fall 4 wheeling trip to Moab, Utah? It might be an opportunity to coordinate schedules and have a mini-DX3 rally mixed in with some world class wheeling.

Also, I have an Isata 3 does that count as a mini?
Old 08-24-2018, 10:47 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroniekon View Post
I just bought a 2004 Jeep Wrangler to tow so that we would have a mode of transportation while camping. It's completely stock except for a 2" lift. Are there any putt putt trails for beginners?
Absolutely! You can probably run 50% or more of the trails with that rig no issue. There are areas we refer to as the "Bunny Hills" (like Fins & Things) that look challenging but you could probably drive them safely in 2WD.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:50 AM   #23

Quote:
Anyone planning a late Summer or early Fall 4 wheeling trip to Moab, Utah? It might be an opportunity to coordinate schedules and have a mini-DX3 rally mixed in with some world class wheeling.

Also, I have an Isata 3 does that count as a mini?
Sure, its an open invitation to everyone. I should have said a "Dynamax rally" instead of DX3 rally. And its not even limited to Dynamax's if others want to come too.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
Old 08-25-2018, 04:05 PM   #24

I'll be in Moab from 9/23-10/6 with the FMCA 4Wheelers.
Las Vegas, NV
johnmbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:58 AM   #25

To late for this year, but maybe next year. I don't know the area at all, but I'll throw it out there. Would this be a possible area for a west coast Dynamax rally? Sounds like there is lots to see and do in the region.
Old 08-26-2018, 11:18 AM   #26

We will be in Moab October 25-27 for a Jeep a Jamboree and then onto St George for a week with FMCA Four Wheelers. For those new to off roading with your Jeep try Jeep Jamboree. Lots of great spotters and thus you can try difficult trails you would never try alone or with someone who has no more experience than you do. Also if you should breakdown JJ gets you back to town.
DQskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 11:53 AM   #27

Quote:
To late for this year, but maybe next year. I don't know the area at all, but I'll throw it out there. Would this be a possible area for a west coast Dynamax rally? Sounds like there is lots to see and do in the region.
Yes it would be, but you got book early. I book a year in advance for the FMCA 4Wheelers events.
Las Vegas, NV
johnmbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:29 PM   #28

I'm in!!
Moab has been on my list for both mountain biking and wheeling (Jeep). We're flexible on dates, but I definitely prefer to skip the big crowds of events like the EJS.
Old 08-26-2018, 06:12 PM   #29

We’re interested too. My friends go there twice a year with the rzrs, I’d go woth jeep or Rzr.

Let’s plan something.

Mark
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 07:29 PM   #30

Quote:
The Spanish Trails RV Park was certainly large enough to host an event. When we were there a couple of weeks ago, it wasn’t even half full. Spanish Trails is not in the same class as Anchors Down (based on the video I saw), but probably the nicest RV Park in Moab.

The issue with Moab is it’s HOT, over 100f all the days we were there. It is the old saying “but it’s a dry heat”. Didn’t really feel like 100f until you started an activity. All the NP posted minimum water to take on hikes with lots of signs warning of possible death if you hiked without water.

Also, it you are not into off road or mountain biking, the activities are pretty much limited to Arches and Canyonlands NP (Arches is not to be missed, fantastic!). We left a day early because of the heat. Temp dropped 40 degrees when we got back into the Colorado mountains.

I would be more interested in a cooler spot for a Western Dynamax Rally. I missed the TN event as we were overseas, but I probably won’t drive to DE from South Texas for the East Coast gathering.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:52 AM   #31

Yep, Moab is great until the end of May or after August, in between it is smoking hot. How was Spanish Trails for having big and flat spaces. I would say Moab is a great destination for those that want to wheel and get outdoors, maybe not so good for a full blown rally for those that want to just hangout.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
Old 08-27-2018, 03:53 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
Yep, Moab is great until the end of May or after August, in between it is smoking hot. How was Spanish Trails for having big and flat spaces. I would say Moab is a great destination for those that want to wheel and get outdoors, maybe not so good for a full blown rally for those that want to just hangout.
And, I bought the September issue of Four Wheeler magazine at the airport this morning. Almost the entire issue is devoted to Moab for those that want to get an idea of what its like. There is also tons of info on the new Jeep JL and the accessories you can get for it from Jeep or aftermarket.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
Old 08-27-2018, 04:01 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
How was Spanish Trails for having big and flat spaces.
I would say the spaces were pretty level. I don’t have levelers on my Isata 3 and I only added a 1” pad to the front to get level. It was spot on side to side.

Mostly gravel with green belt between the spaces with good separation. Nice pool and hot tub spa area. Very nice office staff. Easy in and out off the main highway.

When we left a day early they refunded my last night which surprised me as I only gave them a days notice we were leaving. Most places don’t refund early departures.
Old 08-27-2018, 04:14 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmbeard View Post
I'll be in Moab from 9/23-10/6 with the FMCA 4Wheelers.
Oh man, if FMCA is in Moab then everything will be booked up as far as camp sites. I have a race Sept 15-17 so that time is out for me. It looks like we should try to plan something for next Spring.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
Old 09-13-2018, 08:49 PM   #35

Anyone besides me going to be there around 10/19 - 26?

2015 Jeep Wrangler JKU toad
Slolane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:05 AM   #36

We can't make it due to a lot of schedule conflicts. It will be a great time of year to be there, enjoy.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
Old 09-14-2018, 10:10 PM   #37

Will be in Moab 9.25-29.
Old 09-16-2018, 12:15 PM   #38

Moab

We go for a month every fall, this time is from 9/23 till 10/22 always stay at moab rim park, not a resort but ok. Have done almost every trail several times and never been in a traffic jamb. Most of the time only see a few jeeps if any. Weather is in the low 80s to low 50s only had snow once but gone by early AM.
This is our 8th or 9th year, first time with our new dx3
2020 Diesel Rubicon Unlimited with stuff 🤪
Fredski007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 09:47 AM   #39

We may be out there for some 4-wheeling and mountain biking the weekend of Oct. 19th. ISATA 4 and JLUR on 35's.
jalans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 02:09 PM   #40

Anybody have interest in penciling in a Moab trip late Sept this year?

Also thought I'd share this video I made from a trip a couple years ago

https://youtu.be/iddFjkktwik