Old 10-18-2016, 12:26 PM   #1

Moving On

When I first signed onto these forums it was my intention to purchase a Dynamax Super C. The ccc of the Isata 5 really bothers me, so I have decided not to buy an Isata 5, nor move up to a Force. There are other equally or more attractive options, for my intended use, at the market price of a Force.

Cheers...and no I won't let the door kick my behind on the way out.

Old 10-18-2016, 12:43 PM   #2

Good Luck remember if its not a Forest River product it's an SOB! lol

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:06 PM   #3
GM

Curious to know what the other options would be and what CCC you are looking for.

We hope to have a 30' Isata 5 by summer for those that need more CCC. Any mfg building a Super C on a truck chassis is in the 1400-1800 CCC range for a 36' unit.

Step up to a Freightliner M2...of course your cost jumps, but so does the CCC. You're going from a 19,500 GVWR to a 28k GVWR.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:53 PM   #4

Well, it starts with ones intended use, quality desired, and floor plan that works for a particular family, in my case my wife, 75 lb Boxer, and myself at age 66. We plan to go out for 3 months at a time. My ccc goal is closer to 3,500 lbs, not 1,000 lbs or so, as one member discovered on his Isata 5...name of member not to be disclosed and I think he was a bit traumatized to discover his actual ccc.

No plans to sell my house or go full time. By staying in budget would like to mix in some international traveling.

The upcoming 30' Isata 5 seems a bit short in the floor plan and still short in the ccc. Why force the issue?...no pun intended...by towing a trailer I don't want to tow or towing a truck that would be a storage hassle.

Note: If if step up to a Force the budget has to be stepped up, relatively. From my point of view, the higher budget offers many interesting options, with some change left over.

a) I can easily purchase a Ram truck and a 36ft top end 5th, then use the Ram as a daily driver. Grand Design is of very good quality and DRV is coming out with the lighter Aire and both are more user friendly as to GVWR, but still great quality.

b) A high quality "B" class like Pleasure Way is within that budget range, but a three month outing would likely drive me mad and it has severe ccc problems too.

c) Could purchase a used DX3, but option a) seems better with all new running gear.

d) Also great used values out there, including in used high end Class A diesel pushers, especially around $190k..option a) seems better with all new running gear.

For the money choice I think I will take a Ram truck and a 5th, and run.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:04 PM   #5
GM

Thanks for the feedback. And yes, lots of options if you are not set on the method and style of travel. (Class A, B, C, Travel trailer, 5th wheel)
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philos3 View Post
Well, it starts with ones intended use, quality desired, and floor plan that works for a particular family, in my case my wife, 75 lb Boxer, and myself at age 66. We plan to go out for 3 months at a time. My ccc goal is closer to 3,500 lbs, not 1,000 lbs or so, as one member discovered on his Isata 5...name of member not to be disclosed and I think he was a bit traumatized to discover his actual ccc.

No plans to sell my house or go full time. By staying in budget would like to mix in some international traveling.

The upcoming 30' Isata 5 seems a bit short in the floor plan and still short in the ccc. Why force the issue?...no pun intended...by towing a trailer I don't want to tow or towing a truck that would be a storage hassle.

Note: If if step up to a Force the budget has to be stepped up, relatively. From my point of view, the higher budget offers many interesting options, with some change left over.

a) I can easily purchase a Ram truck and a 36ft top end 5th, then use the Ram as a daily driver. Grand Design is of very good quality and DRV is coming out with the lighter Aire and both are more user friendly as to GVWR, but still great quality.

b) A high quality "B" class like Pleasure Way is within that budget range, but a three month outing would likely drive me mad and it has severe ccc problems too.

c) Could purchase a used DX3, but option a) seems better with all new running gear.

d) Also great used values out there, including in used high end Class A diesel pushers, especially around $190k..option a) seems better with all new running gear.

For the money choice I think I will take a Ram truck and a 5th, and run.
Why run? Forest River makes some nice 5th wheels and do stand behind their products, unless you have already made up your mind?

Why do you seem irritated or am I just mis-reading your post? (I won't let the door kick me in the butt....).

Maybe you just mean run from the class c sub-forum... good luck and happy camping....

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:01 PM   #7
Wanderer

A lot of forum monkeys usually post, "Don't let the door slam you on the ***** on the way out!"as people leave forums.. I think he was trying to get ahead of it..
Old 10-18-2016, 09:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecasey View Post
A lot of forum monkeys usually post, "Don't let the door slam you on the ***** on the way out!"as people leave forums.. I think he was trying to get ahead of it..
I've never seen anyone act that way on this forum (Forest River Forum as a whole) and I've been here for several years. I'm sure the folks here would not stand for that type of talk. .and I'm not sure which forums have the monkeys...

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote