Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2019, 02:09 PM   #1

My new Isata 3 on the new Mercedes chassis

Picked up my new Isata 3 on the new Mercedes chassis and we are loving it. The quality of the fit and finishes are very good. No issues what so ever. Our first trip to Priest Gulch RV Park Delores, CO. Drive from near Flagstaff to Priest Gulch round trip was about 660 miles 330 miles towing a 2019 Chevy Equinox. I got 12.5 mpg, not bad for an engine just breaking in. On a flatter drive it would have been better. The new 7 speed tranny helps too! On the chassis side, I like the total layout a lot better than the previous chassis. All the controls are on the steering wheel including paddle shifters to change gears for hill descents. Infotainment center is also very good including the navigation. When leaving for the trip I gave the voice command, “Hey Mercedes….navigate to Priest Gulch RV Park Delores, CO” and up it came. When driving avoid saying the word Mercedes because that sets off the system and she asks you how she can help. Also really like the adaptive cruise control where I can set how far I want to keep spacing between me and the car in front. It automatically slows down to keep the spacing if person in front slows down. If you like cup holders there plenty, 8 to be exact. There are still many more features on the Mercedes side I am trying to figure out. The only thing that was an issue is that my left knee keep hitting the heated seat button and turning it on. First time I was wondering why my butt was getting hot, and then figured it out. On the interior side the all hardwood cabinets are a real nice improvement. We have Driftwood in color with Expresso accents. Our theater seats are Mocha, we really like that mix. Best part we like is the Multiplex system, you can control everything from your phone. You will need to download the Vegatouch Mira app. There are several Vegatouch apps you want Mira. Our first night at Priest Gulch it got cold during the night and instead of having to get out of bed to turn the heat on I picked up my phone, went to the app, and turned on the heat. The only thing you can’t control from the app are the levelers, but you can download the Equalizer app and control from that. I also got the diesel generator, the way I see it, it is much easier to find diesel fuel then propane. The Truma water heater worked flawlessly. During the build I had them add a dedicated coax line for my carry out King Qwest satellite dish. If you have a Dish that needs to be powered over coax the coax input they have for cable will not work. I did not get the dish install on the roof as I often find myself in spots, like my first trip, where I was under trees and it would not have worked. Couple of pics attached of the new Mercedes cab and the new all wood cabinets.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3994.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	223.3 KB
ID:	215573   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3995.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	231.0 KB
ID:	215574  
Tmrut5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:51 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Tim, Are you trying to steal my Live Walk through thunder???

Just kidding...thanks for the early review. I am also still trying to learn all the new chassis stuff. I LOVE the touch sensitive buttons on the steering wheel...you can swipe right or left on them to go through the speedo menu (left button) or MBUX menus (right button).

We are trying to get everything on the APP. Firefly is in communication with Equalizer as we speak. But, I do love the new system. We also have an ON/OFF for the Inverter, since I always forget about that one.

My MOST favorite new feature...the AGS is now a direct communication with the Onan Gen. Side you can only turn it ON/OFF with the App....all of the settings are on the touch screen only, BUT, I love the layout. Everything is on one single screen and easy up down buttons to set quiet hours, triggers, etc.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:52 AM   #3
Commercial Member

PS. I have also asked engineering to go ahead an run a dedicated Sat coax. It might take them a while, so it likely won't drop until 2021...but for the $10, I don't have to worry about complaints.

Old 09-23-2019, 06:27 PM   #4

Brian

Are there any new Floorplans coming out on the new chassis?
hpdrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 04:16 PM   #5
Commercial Member

not right now...just got done changing the RW and FW to the new chassis.

Old 09-26-2019, 04:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
not right now...just got done changing the RW and FW to the new chassis.
I watched the video on the RW a couple of times and I’m trying to figure out how you squeezed the sink into the bedroom. I like the new shower a lot, great improvement.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 04:40 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
I watched the video on the RW a couple of times and I’m trying to figure out how you squeezed the sink into the bedroom. I like the new shower a lot, great improvement.
Ancient Chinese secret.

Old 09-26-2019, 04:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Ancient Chinese secret.
I knew it had to be something like that!
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mercedes