Old 01-18-2019, 02:22 AM   #1

My Punch List - 2019 Isata 3 24FW

We took delivery of ours on 12/22. The list of problems is a little troubling. I know that RVs have their initial "issues", but a lot of this is just things that weren't installed at the factory despite being listed on the paperwork. I'm trying to get the repairs scheduled, but apparently there is an RV show going on and I'm not getting a response from the dealer.

1. Remis shades in place of solar shades weren't installed. We got no cab shades at all.
2. Bathroom HVAC ceiling vent missing.
3. OTA TV cable problem to front TV.
4. Two paint issues shown at PDI.
5. Upper kitchen cabinet damage to bottom of cabinet.
6. Front end shimmy noted in test drive is still there.
7. Coax cables to cabinet above refrigerator are unfinished. The cables were just snipped with no connectors and no labels. One is probably the park cable and one should be from the Winegard dome antenna.
8. No power switch located for the Winegard ConnecT 2.0.
9. No apparent propane to the furnace or Truma water heater. Neither worked on our recent trip. These may be electrical since the LEDs for the Truma are not lighting up. Propane is working for the stove and refrigerator.
10. Jacks don't work on auto-level, but do work when manually leveling.

Hopefully we can get these things resolved. My wife loves getting out in the Isata 3. It's really a workable transition for us transitioning from diesel class A coaches to something we can store at home.

kjburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 06:59 AM   #2

I hope you get your issues resolved. The best approach is to not accept delivery or pay for the RV until you were satisfied that all systems worked appropriately. We spent two days camped at MHSRV in Texas going over all our systems and having their techs resolve anything before we paid. No pressure by the dealer to close the deal, we could have stayed longer.

I know everything should have been done correctly first at the factory, but that just not how the entire RV industry works. Once we had our two day shake down, we have had zero issues since.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:59 AM   #3
GM

Agree. I know they like to say "take it, make a list, then bring it in", but I'm guess sales is not asking service about that. So I would want a date from the start or just wait.

Now for the list.

1. I know the Remis shades have been back ordered. So excuse for it to have left without however. Can you give me the last (8) of your VIN? I also know some dealers make changes to units and that is never pass on to us. I also had a sales guy that failed to make those changes.

2. No excuse there.

3. That one could be simple.

4. Who is the dealer?

5. should have been corrected

6. Does this have aluminum wheels? I know some were not being balanced.

7. Wingard dome antenna....did you get in-motion sat?

8. That power switch should be on the same plate as the power antenna plate. Just a little black plate with two small buttons and two tiny green lights.

9. Did you make sure the Truma was turned on at the water heater itself? If you have no LED's working on the Truma, then it is not getting electrical.

10. If the jacks do not auto level, then the null point is not set. It can lose this setting if they are operated at low voltage. There is instructions on setting the "null point" in the manual. There is no such thing as "auto level" until you tell it was level is. Of course the dealer could/should have set that if it was not....but if it ever loses that setting again, its pretty simple to set it.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Agree. I know they like to say "take it, make a list, then bring it in", but I'm guess sales is not asking service about that. So I would want a date from the start or just wait.

Now for the list.

1. I know the Remis shades have been back ordered. So excuse for it to have left without however. Can you give me the last (8) of your VIN? I also know some dealers make changes to units and that is never pass on to us. I also had a sales guy that failed to make those changes. H9747442

2. No excuse there.

4. Who is the dealer? Desert Autoplex RV in Mesa, AZ

6. Does this have aluminum wheels? I know some were not being balanced. Yes

7. Wingard dome antenna....did you get in-motion sat? Yes

8. That power switch should be on the same plate as the power antenna plate. Just a little black plate with two small buttons and two tiny green lights. The only switch there is the one for the Winegard satellite antenna.

9. Did you make sure the Truma was turned on at the water heater itself? If you have no LED's working on the Truma, then it is not getting electrical. Yes, I've switched it on at the water heater, red switch by the door and the rotary dial.

10. If the jacks do not auto level, then the null point is not set. It can lose this setting if they are operated at low voltage. There is instructions on setting the "null point" in the manual. There is no such thing as "auto level" until you tell it was level is. Of course the dealer could/should have set that if it was not....but if it ever loses that setting again, its pretty simple to set it.
Thanks
Old 01-18-2019, 02:10 PM   #5
GM

So to be clear....you went in, made notes of some things and let them know. Then on delivery items that you noted were still deficient?
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 03:04 PM   #6

No, the only things noted at the PDI were the missing vent cover in the bathroom, the paint issues and the antenna wire to the front TV.

The other things were found after taking it out a couple of times. I completely missed the shades until we were driving it home and had to go back to the list of included options to make sure it was there and not on another one we'd looked at.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:27 PM   #7

Scratch one item. Turning off the switches to the Truma and turning them back on, the LED came on and we have hot water.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:06 AM   #8

The mentioned concept of camping for a day or two at the dealers lot BEFORE handing over the big check is a valid and unfortunatly needed process.

Plan your pick up accordingly.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:20 PM   #9

Sorry to hear your issues with the Isata 3 FW. We love ours above all but had some problems as you that even with a 2-day in-house stay on site some problems became apparent afterward. For one the Satellite fuse had not been installed to run the dish, alas after putting in the 5 amp fuse it still did not work on our next trip. The power switch for ON/OFF hadn't been connected. The dealer fixed it without problem. Glad to hear your issue with the Truma was corrected. It works like a charm when on and we love it. Just to note though it can be a bit finicky. Follow the steps and redo if the front yellow light doesn't come on. It will after a few retakes. The auto-levelers have worked well for us as the Solar panels. One thing that hit us was that the inline fuse to the refrigerator died on a trip to western AZ in August. The LP was on running the frig. We came to a rest stop and I turned on the Generator to run the air conditioner. Afterword the frig died. The inline fuse was fried. Not sure about this as it shouldn't have been a problem. Again, warranty fixed the problem. Just to let you know. Once the warranty takes care of the initial problems things turn around and you end up loving the Isata3.

so we went through about 8 months of oh-oh
Old 01-23-2019, 05:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post

1. I know the Remis shades have been back ordered. [N]o excuse for it to have left without however.
2. No excuse there.
4. Who is the dealer?
6. Does this have aluminum wheels? I know some were not being balanced.
7. Wingard dome antenna....did you get in-motion sat?
8. That power switch should be on the same plate as the power antenna plate. Just a little black plate with two small buttons and two tiny green lights.
9. Did you make sure the Truma was turned on at the water heater itself? If you have no LED's working on the Truma, then it is not getting electrical.
Brian, it is commendable that you peruse the boards for post-market customer commentary, and help customers to alleviate problems. THANK YOU!

But how can you allow these types of thing to happen "endemically". These boards are full of punch list and PDI horror stories. You should be embarrassed.

Quality Inspection is NOT the answer. Quality ASSURANCE is. Come on, step it up.

2015 H-D FLRT (Hers)
2009 Honda VTX 1800/Champion Trike (His)
2012 Scion iQ (Inclement weather & grocery getter)
Mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote