Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2018, 11:54 PM   #1

Navigation volume - Isata 3

Have a 2018 Isata3. I can’t figure out how to get Navigation instructions without the radio on. Radio quality is bad so we don’t listen to it. I can only hear instructions when tuned to a station and volume of radio is same as instructions. My other cars allow separation and function without radio on.
Old 08-17-2018, 07:34 AM   #2

On my ram the radio is on 100% of the time there is no way to turn it off however you can mute the volume, but still the Nav and backup warnings work. Maybe you have a mute function. Someone on the forum will be able to give you a better answer.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:05 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemdd View Post
Have a 2018 Isata3. I can’t figure out how to get Navigation instructions without the radio on. Radio quality is bad so we don’t listen to it. I can only hear instructions when tuned to a station and volume of radio is same as instructions. My other cars allow separation and function without radio on.
What system do you have? Xite or Sony?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:06 AM   #4

Xcite I'm pretty sure
Mikemdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:32 PM   #5
Commercial Member

I don't have one here I can test...but if you give River Park a call on the supplier list (sticky on the main page) they have a tech that can help troubleshoot. I know I was playing around with one and found that...but don't remember where it was.

Old 08-17-2018, 01:34 PM   #6

Turn your radio to mute and start the Navigation up drive around and try to turn up the volume when the system is giving you some directions then you will hear what the said.
wcrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcrafter View Post
Turn your radio to mute and start the Navigation up drive around and try to turn up the volume when the system is giving you some directions then you will hear what the said.
Thanks! I'll give that a try. If no success, I'll give River Park a call as suggested.
Old 08-17-2018, 04:46 PM   #8

OK..... If all else fails, read the manuals that Dynamax so kindly provides on the USB you receive when new. Buried in the XCITE User Manual, in a footnote almost too small to see, it says the following: "To hear only your Navigation audio voice prompts, press and hold the NAV button for 2 seconds. This will mute your current audio source until you leave the NAV screen." Who would have guessed you press and hold the NAV button?? Very cool indeed. I have not tested yet but it seems this is exactly what I am looking for. While reading the manual, I also found a bunch of other things to fix that have been driving me crazy. This system is not so intuitive, but it seems it does a lot of things I did not know about. Learn something new every day.
Old 08-17-2018, 09:52 PM   #9

That's what I like about this forum. You learn things every day that you need to know.
NearDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:33 AM   #10
Commercial Member

Quote:
OK..... If all else fails, read the manuals that Dynamax so kindly provides on the USB you receive when new. Buried in the XCITE User Manual, in a footnote almost too small to see, it says the following: "To hear only your Navigation audio voice prompts, press and hold the NAV button for 2 seconds. This will mute your current audio source until you leave the NAV screen." Who would have guessed you press and hold the NAV button?? Very cool indeed. I have not tested yet but it seems this is exactly what I am looking for. While reading the manual, I also found a bunch of other things to fix that have been driving me crazy. This system is not so intuitive, but it seems it does a lot of things I did not know about. Learn something new every day.
Good find...and how about that...an owners manual . I do agree however...we have been re-assessing our product offering based on what we are seeing. In an ever increasing attempt to add more and more features, we are losing simplicity. So while "power users" (2% of our buyers) are happy to have all the features, the other 98% just wants things to work. Thus we are constantly trying to make things more intuitive. It is great to have all those settings on the radio, the inverter, etc...but very few people actually use them all.

Old 08-20-2018, 10:24 AM   #11
Commercial Member

there was this in the manual too. Page 13.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 11.22.56 A.png
Views:	61
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	183830  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Radio - XITE - MN09 (XS90111E Owner's Manual).pdf (2.97 MB, 27 views)

Old 08-20-2018, 10:54 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NearDenver View Post
That's what I like about this forum. You learn things every day that you need to know.

I learn all sorts of stuff I don't need to know and may never need to know.

But this forum is like an elixir for me. I keep coming back for more.

Thanks to all who contribute.

Bobby

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:54 AM   #13

It is a dilemma. Unfortunately it's the 2% that will fill the airways with complaints. I am in the 2% but try to problem solve issues that are user imposed.
Mikemdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:58 AM   #14
Commercial Member

Quote:
It is a dilemma. Unfortunately it's the 2% that will fill the airways with complaints. I am in the 2% but try to problem solve issues that are user imposed.
I'm not always sure about that, partly, I think the 2% might complain about how something didn't do something...but then they go out and upgrade 1/2 the stuff anyway. I think I fit the 2% category. I want all the bells and whistles and while I wish it may do something, I'm willing to modify.

I think more often than not, the complaints come from the 98%...just don't understand how something works so "it's broken". When we do show how it works, then it's "well that should have been explained from the start".

Again..I am speaking in very broad generalities...maybe we should say 3%. last thing I want is to get associated with the 1%, 2% or 50 whatever percent that has political connotations.

Old 08-20-2018, 12:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I'm not always sure about that, partly, I think the 2% might complain about how something didn't do something...but then they go out and upgrade 1/2 the stuff anyway. I think I fit the 2% category. I want all the bells and whistles and while I wish it may do something, I'm willing to modify.

I think more often than not, the complaints come from the 98%...just don't understand how something works so "it's broken". When we do show how it works, then it's "well that should have been explained from the start".

Again..I am speaking in very broad generalities...maybe we should say 3%. last thing I want is to get associated with the 1%, 2% or 50 whatever percent that has political connotations.

I stand corrected. I think you're right.
Old 08-20-2018, 12:16 PM   #16

I'm definitely in the 2%. I want every feature and I want every feature to work!
Barch is offline   Reply With Quote