Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2019, 11:03 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookieblaylock View Post
Joseph Heller.
Whoops! Yeah, but they looked a little like brothers, didn't they? I should've looked first, answered second! And I did read the book FWIW! Many many moons ago...
Riverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 11:46 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX3MAN View Post
Has anyone found a solution to the squeaky cab over bed? Our sounds like the styrofoam cooler too. 2018 Dx3

Same was happening to me (driver side) and I finally figured it out after trying about everything. For me what was happening is that the ledge over the cab, that the bed rests on, is a metal frame with styrofoam filling the voids and wood covering it. I took the trim off and drilled holes into the frame and injected silicone into it. When I did this on the driver side styrofoam balls came out, this was a tell tell sign that it was rubbing...on the passenger side nothing came out (wasn’t squeaking but thought I would inject silicone to prevent). This fixed my squeak. I posted pic, if you search for the thread “37BH Annoying squeak camera switch box”. Hope this helps.
Jammer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 11:30 PM   #23

Speaking of noises, did anyone come up with an easy fix yet to keep the round tubes at the bottom of the bedroom shades from sounding like bamboo wind chimes every time they move enough to contact the window frame?
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 11:39 PM   #24
Commercial Member

Soft Velcro on the back side.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:57 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer151 View Post
Same was happening to me (driver side) and I finally figured it out after trying about everything. For me what was happening is that the ledge over the cab, that the bed rests on, is a metal frame with styrofoam filling the voids and wood covering it. I took the trim off and drilled holes into the frame and injected silicone into it. When I did this on the driver side styrofoam balls came out, this was a tell tell sign that it was rubbing...on the passenger side nothing came out (wasn’t squeaking but thought I would inject silicone to prevent). This fixed my squeak. I posted pic, if you search for the thread “37BH Annoying squeak camera switch box”. Hope this helps.
Jammer - I found the thread you referenced above and studied your pics. Two questions, if you don’t mind:

1. Having done this, do you feel that adding the bolts to secure the platform to the square tube was a crucial step in the process (i.e. would you do that again)?

2. Can you provide more info regarding the first 7 vertical holes you drilled through the plywood only? I’m having trouble understanding that piece of it.

Thanks both for the original write up and for referencing it again here...I totally missed it in the past!

JT
mookieblaylock is offline   Reply With Quote