Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2018, 02:07 PM   #21

Not that it matters, but and for autos is antilock braking system.
TSman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 02:25 PM   #22
Commercial Member

Yes, we're aware. That's sort of the running joke. That is the only switch we could get for a time as all the "booster" switches were not being sold. So we made our own name.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:00 PM   #23

If BClemens can tell you what series of Carling switch is used, you may find that the original switch body for that series can be used and just the switch rocker/label be changed to whatever you want. I would routinely change out the switch rockers on by boat helm as they faded with the sun or became hard to read. Rocker snaps off and the new one snaps on. Just depends upon the switch series.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:02 PM   #24
Señor Miembro

Batt Boost switch lit up

Yesterday, while driving back from camp, my "Batt Boost" switch was lit up for some reason. Can't get it to do it today. Any ideas?

"Batt Boost" is that some sort of additional insulation for when it gets cold out?

"I am whatever Gotham needs me to be." - Battman
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 12:08 PM   #25
Commercial Member

That is the momentary switch that connects the house and chassis batteries in the event you drain one or the other and need to start something (chassis, gen, etc).

Old 09-03-2019, 01:56 PM   #26
Señor Miembro

BC, yeah, I know. I was trying to be funny. Cringe worthy Dad Jokes.

Any idea why "Batt Boost" was lit up yesterday but not before nor since?
Old 09-03-2019, 01:59 PM   #27
Commercial Member

nope, should only light when you press it.

Old 09-16-2019, 11:35 AM   #28
Señor Miembro

It doesn't light up even when I press it. Nor from the instrument panel light increase button. It had never lighted up before, nor since that one trip when it was brightly glowing the whole way home. I'll add it to the list to get checked when at the dealership.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:40 PM   #29

This may be far fetched but I have seen it happen with other LEDs when they were reflecting light from another source such as the Sun or a lamp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher Rob View Post
It doesn't light up even when I press it. Nor from the instrument panel light increase button. It had never lighted up before, nor since that one trip when it was brightly glowing the whole way home. I'll add it to the list to get checked when at the dealership.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:46 PM   #30
Señor Miembro

Delco, good thought and if it had been brief it might have been the cause but it lasted for 5 hours, even once home until we shutdown. It's in the same spot where we parked it but never occurred again. Just really odd.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:24 PM   #31

Quote:
Delco, good thought and if it had been brief it might have been the cause but it lasted for 5 hours, even once home until we shutdown. It's in the same spot where we parked it but never occurred again. Just really odd.
OK, then the obvious answer is that the built in Dynamax Gremlin decided to play with you. The only known cure is to meditate on all your interactions with your vehicle until you realize any transgression that may have hurt its feelings. Give a truly heartfelt apology and vow to never do that again.

Then all will be good until...

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 03:54 PM   #32
Señor Miembro

It's Baaaack!

I found it lights up now when the running lights are turned on. It's the only dash button light that comes on. I always have the running light on when rolling but for some reason it now affects the Batt Boost button light. Probably mis-wired somehow as well as maybe a loose connection or short too. Pushing it makes no difference. I'll post again if I ever figure out why.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	batt boost switch lit.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	348.1 KB
ID:	217561  
Old 10-19-2019, 03:45 PM   #33
Commercial Member

Quote:
I found it lights up now when the running lights are turned on. It's the only dash button light that comes on. I always have the running light on when rolling but for some reason it now affects the Batt Boost button light. Probably mis-wired somehow as well as maybe a loose connection or short too. Pushing it makes no difference. I'll post again if I ever figure out why.
Well, THAT is not a Freightliner installed switch. We install that switch....many of the Freightliner switches are painted and not back lit. So could it be that we installed a "backlit" switch and so when the running lights are on it lights up?

Tags
battery, switch