Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2016, 01:47 PM   #1

Need Info 2016 37HDBH

I need to add a ceiling vent in the rear bedroom, there is "NO VENTILATION" in the rear bedroom to the outside. I am also going to modify the rear egress window to get more Air.
Why FW did not include a ceiling vent is beyond me, but after owning the Coach for about 6mos. I'm not surprised, chock it up on another poor designed RV.

Do any of you other Bunkhouse owners have a ladder to get up into your bunk ? because I don't, did FW forget that we can't fly ?

My outdoor TV does not run off the Inverter???????????? Why ? did it not get hooked up ?

I have to run my generator all day while dry camping Really?????
Don't tell me it's too much of a load on the inverter, because that would be a LOAD.

My patients are running thin with this thing.

blclemens;

Please provide a wiring diagram for the Inverter Circuit.
I need a ceiling Diagram to see if there is a framed opening between the roof and ceiling in the rear bedroom.

Thanks
Signed

Frustrated

VIN#1FVACXCY2GHGY8821
Old 10-11-2016, 03:54 PM   #2

Our bunkhouse does not have a fan in the rear room, but I changed the rear window to a double screened egress, easy enough and ordered the window direct. Dynamax cannot put a screened window in the rear, per RVIA, from what I was told.

No idea on the exterior tv and the inverter, never tried to dry camp and use the tv on the batteries. Sorry.

2016 Dynamax Force. Just-Rite2
Old 10-11-2016, 04:18 PM   #3

I don't think these issues are all that terrible. In fact many owners have had worse and more numerous issues, regardless of mfg.

I would consider an alternative way of solving the venting problem other than adding another opening in the roof since this is a newer model.

I'm guessing they will send a ladder, probably inadvertently not included, but that is an inexpensive item that could have a dual purpose if you purchased a smaller work ladder yourself. A telescoping ladder might work???

It is not unusual in many RVs to receive basic batteries and inverters with a low life span and or capability. It is not uncommon for owners to upgrade their batteries and inverter. Similarly, not uncommon for owners to purchase power protection devices at some point. Experienced owners often order these upgrades at time of purchase because they know what to expect.

I have read many poor design arguments. Unfortunately, one gets what one paid for. There is a ton of stuff to think about regarding the design, components, and quality of build.

Note: it is probably useful to start with the assumption that the mfg designed the unit to be plugged into full services. Going dry camping/boon docking is on the owner to make the modifications: solar, more batteries, better generator, better inverter, etc.
Philos3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:26 PM   #4

Philos3,

You are completely correct to a point, this is my 5th RV in 15yrs, the last 2 were DP's that needed Zero work done to them other than new 6v Batteries for both Coaches and an Igniter for one of the furnaces.

You mentioned "Unfortunately, one gets what one paid for" that's amusing because there are RV's for a 100k that perform flawlessly for the most part from day one. I have only stated a few issues with this RV, there are more than 20+ to date, most I have fixed myself. I'm just too busy to do them all as i'm not retired.

After spending 200k of my hard earned cash on something I'd expect something less problematic. For a company to sell an RV suited only for an RV Park is ludicrous to say the least or state it at the time of purchase. Every RV Mfg's Brochure shows an RV parked next to a river or meadow in the Mountains and you don't see a 50a pedestal next to it.

The (2) 12v house Batteries have already failed, only holding a charge (im sure they were never tendered at the Rv Sales yard) overnight or 8hrs with the Refrigerator and the Inv. running only.
I have changed out the (2)12v to (4) T105 Trojans, it will now go 24hrs with TV, Frig and some lights on. I will add (2) more 6v's in a week or two when I add Solar Panels.

It was at Freightliner last week getting repairs, my last DP after 52k miles needed only 3 injectors rebuilt. I only have 6523 miles on this one and it's in the shop already. As you can see by the mileage in 6 mo's I use my RV, it's not parked in some storage lot. I expect it to perform period.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:25 PM   #5

This is the first time I have heard the words "Zero work done," and "performed flawlessly" used by an RV owner. I can now understand how your patience is running thin.

Unfortunately, your current story seems a bit more commonplace to me. If you had my expectations, you would feel quite "par for the course."

You are lucky you have over 6,000 miles. Some owners have barely driven down the street and their new RVs had to spend the next two months in the shop with only some of their items being fixed.

As to being correct or not, let the buyer beware.

I will still stand on "you get what you pay for." Maybe these days it is simply less than before.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:30 PM   #6

"Every RV Mfg's Brochure shows an RV parked next to a river or meadow in the Mountains and you don't see a 50a pedestal next to it."

That is called marketing the dream. Regardless, basic out of the box they are not dry camping ready...meaning staying longer than a couple of days off the grid.

If you get a chance, go over to Gerber's rvdailyreport.com and read his 7 or so articles on how the industry is slowing going downhill.

By the way, I may run into you if I commit and purchase a Force. I am a qualified service technician - so save some stuff for me to help you with.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:00 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Bravo View Post
I need to add a ceiling vent in the rear bedroom, there is "NO VENTILATION" in the rear bedroom to the outside. I am also going to modify the rear egress window to get more Air.
Why FW did not include a ceiling vent is beyond me, but after owning the Coach for about 6mos. I'm not surprised, chock it up on another poor designed RV.

Do any of you other Bunkhouse owners have a ladder to get up into your bunk ? because I don't, did FW forget that we can't fly ?

My outdoor TV does not run off the Inverter???????????? Why ? did it not get hooked up ?

I have to run my generator all day while dry camping Really?????
Don't tell me it's too much of a load on the inverter, because that would be a LOAD.

My patients are running thin with this thing.

blclemens;

Please provide a wiring diagram for the Inverter Circuit.
I need a ceiling Diagram to see if there is a framed opening between the roof and ceiling in the rear bedroom.

Thanks
Signed

Frustrated

VIN#1FVACXCY2GHGY8821
Halla is correct and I think I have posted it before, it is against code for us to provide a screened, openable rear window in a motorhome. I hope at some point in my life, we'll get the benefit of the doubt that we have some inkling of what we're doing and everything doesn't just get chalked up to "poor design". We have enough poor design choices I can admit to, that I'd rather not pile on the "not our fault ones"

Having said that...any time I walk into a bedroom, the first thing I ask about is ventilation and we are looking for a way to provide that. The rear window is out (unless done by a retail customer and it is their liability). We talked about a roof vent, but with dual AC and the duct work, we run out of room quickly and an openable window is still the best scenario. On another model, we are testing out a wide, but short window above the headboard, if that works we could feed it into other models. We could do a window in that wardrobe wall, but then that takes away from storage (catch 22). Something has to give, but we are looking at it.

As for the inverter. I can say in 12 years, this is the first time I have gotten a complaint that an outside TV was not connected to the inverter. That could be because we just don't hear it, or as we see, the bulk of our buyers are plugged in. Or maybe people just figure it out on their own. Frankly its been standard practice to connect the inside TV, bedroom (CPAP) and fridge, which seems to have covered everyone to this point. Now that we've had this complaint, I'll have engineering look at connecting all TV's and let the customer balance loads.

Ladder, I think there was some confusion for a bit, but no reason we can't get one shipped out. I see that was on your original list a while back..did you let the dealer know? If need be just email parts directly with your VIN and we can get one out.

one minor note....we don't show our RV parked by a meadow...we show it in the middle of a rather bland paved lot. To be fair, we show no power cord in the picture though...so your point is still valid.

The batteries unfortunately, we cannot control how the dealer maintains them, but we keep them plugged in during the entire production process (other than being in the paint booth). We also don't, (as Philos3 mentioned) use basic batteries. Not sure when your unit was built, but we run pretty expensive AGM batteries that can be depleted further (than flooded) without damage (although no battery should be completely drained). I tasked engineering a while back into researching 6V. Many mfg's don't because 12v is so readily available and of course can operate even with a bad cell,or when one goes down. 6V not so much. But I am glad to see that your (4) 6v have performed well and we'll be looking at the pros and cons for future builds.

Might I ask what the Freightliner was in for? I know with the DEF systems of today, it seems to have added complexity to system that used to run pretty trouble free. Those Freightliners are commercial trucks designed for tons of miles and reliability. We rarely see those in for anything other than minor issues.

The last thing we want is a frustrated customer. While I appreciate the leeway, I also don't agree that "you should be happy, others have it worse". From our REV price point all the way up to our Dynaquest XL, it is our goal to build a reliable product that performs as expected. There are some challenges because people have different exceptions of how they are supposed to perform...but certainly they should "work". And we're here, ready and willing to walk you through getting it fine tuned to your specific usage.

I have attached a list of the circuits that are inverted. I have posted wiring schematics in a previous post (i'll see if I can link to that post). I have also posted some roof prints. If you need anything further, please let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Roof Print 37BH.pdf (2.33 MB, 43 views)
File Type: pdf Inverted Circuits Sheet1.pdf (22.3 KB, 53 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote