Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2016, 11:08 PM   #1

New 2017 Dynamax Isata 3 story from GOSHEN

During the Rally, we were able to check out a couple of motor homes and we were forced to really like the Isata 3 floor plan on display. Well, not really. I have been looking around for a while and saw the same floor plan on the Forester and Sunseeker models on the Mercedes chassis but kept my mouth shut and didn't tell the DW. We have a 2013 Flagstaff 5r, but last year we picked up a small used Motorhome manufactured by a less superior RV Company to use traveling back and forth to Florida. We use it for short trips and an occasional weekend. For the longer camping vacations, we use the 5r. This year we took the small MH on a week long trip and the DW felt pretty cramped, wasn't happy and my long term plan was set in motion...........

Now, I'm thinking to myself "if they just have a Forester or a Sunseeker with the full length slide on display at GOSHEN, we might be trading in the 5r and the MH cause I know when she sees it she'll love the floor plan".

Turns out they had a Dynamax instead, which I knew nothing about. Hey Betsy, let's go look at this one. Now she's in the Motorhome and all I can hear is wow. For the next three days we stop by and visit Jared every afternoon. He finally convinces us to take a ride to Grand Rapids and check out the ones on the lot.

Well, I guess you can see where this is going. But there's more. Now we have to organize the 5r and pack stuff up while we are at the Rally. We have to get rid of food and we have to lighten the load. I should have participated in the yard sale.

I had some stuff to pack and managed to find some micro wave boxes in the dumpster to load things up. We left on Saturday and drove the 90 miles to Grand Rapids, parked the 5r and disconnected. We took as much stuff out of it as we could and jammed it into the truck, not as much stuff fits into the back of a pick up.

We managed to get home and unpack the truck on Sunday. Wednesday morning, I will be driving back to Grand Rapids in the used MH to complete the trade and final transaction.

So I guess you could say that we are down sizing and upgrading at the same time. I was asked to start a new thread on the story, so I will add more about the trip during the next few days. And of course, pictures to follow
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 05:54 AM   #2

Congratulations. We bought our Force in Grand Rapids, almost 12 hour round trip for us, but worth it.

2016 Dynamax Force. Just-Rite2
Old 08-23-2016, 05:57 AM   #3

Congrats Steve & Betsy, hope you trip there and back is good and it was great camping with you both at the rally and hope it's in the plans again for next year!!!!
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:01 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

CZNEDY "Steve" if that's really your name, I'm looking forward to your updates!
Btw I showed the group the fake photo of your fake house and photo shoped used sob Moho.
Btw yes they saw "it" "him"

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "32"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:08 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
CZNEDY "Steve" if that's really your name, I'm looking forward to your updates!
Btw I showed the group the fake photo of your fake house and photo shoped used sob Moho.
Btw yes they saw "it" "him"

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "32"
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:35 AM   #6

Here is a picture of the back of our truck after the ride home on Sunday. I forgot to mention, when you travel back home without a camper in tow it is a good idea to try and make hotel reservations as soon as you can. Waiting until after 7:30 on the day that the Buffalo Bills play and the state fair is in town will usually result in you sleeping in your truck.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1471952092.072488.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	118174
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
Old 08-23-2016, 11:16 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Welcome aboard!

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 11:31 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Welcome aboard!

Thank you
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
Old 08-23-2016, 11:34 AM   #9

👍👍
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
Old 08-23-2016, 11:42 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Awesome just remember picks are necessary
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 11:45 AM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Welcome aboard!

That means you'll have to come down to phat phrog village next year since you've had excuses the last three ...............

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "32"
Old 08-23-2016, 01:02 PM   #12
jkoenig24

I bought my 2015 Dynamax DX3-37RB in Grand Rapids, MI at TerryTown RV. Pleasant folks who were TOTALLY INCOMPETENT. Their ineptness caused me to spend well over $1000.00 dollars more than I should have and, and they totally screwed up the registration. MI has only a 15-day temporary registration. TerryTown didn't mail my paperwork for FOURTEEN DAYS! My "prep package" did NOT include even a single roll of toilet paper (there are TWO toilets in the 37RB). No paper towels either. They talked me into a Dish network satellite setup that did NOT work on the rear TV. Other problems with Dish too. My salesman was Bob Wells. If you're picking up your iSata at TerryTown, go over it VERY thoroughly before you sign to accept delivery. Check EVERYTHING! If a TerryTown rep's lips are moving, he's probably lying.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:17 PM   #13

Thanks for the info. I am transferring plates so I should be good there. I already spent a day there going through it. And I plan on spending the day going over it again when I get there.
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
Old 08-23-2016, 01:35 PM   #14

I used Terry Town but had a different salesman. We only had an issue with the tech not knowing what the dash buttons did, any of them. We transferred plates. I didnt get tp or paper towels, but that didnt come in my Thor either.

2016 Dynamax Force. Just-Rite2
Old 08-23-2016, 01:38 PM   #15
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
That means you'll have to come down to phat phrog village next year since you've had excuses the last three ...............

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "32"
Next year, pinky swear. You just have to get me the secret map.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:48 PM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Next year, pinky swear. You just have to get me the secret map.

Done!

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "32"
Old 08-23-2016, 02:10 PM   #17

Nice! Congrats. Your story brought back memories of when we bought our motorhome. We were on vacation and had completed that ritual Canadians in New York cross border shopping trip. Our SOB fifth wheel was loaded. We were sitting by a nice campfire when for some reason I started looking at motorhomes on line. We were fairly close to a dealer who had what we were just starting to think we might want. Long story short we drove to their city and found a campground. Went to the dealership and made the deal to trade the trailer and our F250 Super Duty Super Crew 4x4 on the MH. We stayed in town for 4 days while they prepped the MH. On trade day they set us up in the back lot parked door to door and helped us schlep stuff from 1 to the other. Including 10 cases of Mello Yello and most of our Christmas shopping along with all of our regular camping stuff. Lots of fun. We were so loaded on the 350 miles home the dog could hardly find the couch. Absolutely love our MH and laugh all the time about how we came to buy it.

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 02:23 PM   #18

👍👍excellent. Love it in 14 more hours I will be starting my 1932 mile round trip.
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
Old 08-23-2016, 03:53 PM   #19
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoenig24 View Post
I bought my 2015 Dynamax DX3-37RB in Grand Rapids, MI at TerryTown RV. Pleasant folks who were TOTALLY INCOMPETENT. Their ineptness caused me to spend well over $1000.00 dollars more than I should have and, and they totally screwed up the registration. MI has only a 15-day temporary registration. TerryTown didn't mail my paperwork for FOURTEEN DAYS! My "prep package" did NOT include even a single roll of toilet paper (there are TWO toilets in the 37RB). No paper towels either. They talked me into a Dish network satellite setup that did NOT work on the rear TV. Other problems with Dish too. My salesman was Bob Wells. If you're picking up your iSata at TerryTown, go over it VERY thoroughly before you sign to accept delivery. Check EVERYTHING! If a TerryTown rep's lips are moving, he's probably lying.

The things you mention (toilet paper and paper towels) seem minuscule and not even worth mentioning. I've never had a dealer give me TP or paper towels, and I would have never thought to ask or or even bitch about it. As for the Dish, that's Dish networks problem and nothing to do with Terrytown. If you want reception on more than one tv you only need to add the appropriate equipment. If you needed longer on your temp tags, you can simply get another. Maybe there is more to it, but what you've listed is petty to say the least, and I don't see $1000.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:01 PM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
The things you mention (toilet paper and paper towels) seem minuscule and not even worth mentioning. I've never had a dealer give me TP or paper towels, and I would have never thought to ask or or even bitch about it. As for the Dish, that's Dish networks problem and nothing to do with Terrytown. If you want reception on more than one tv you only need to add the appropriate equipment. If you needed longer on your temp tags, you can simply get another. Maybe there is more to it, but what you've listed is petty to say the least, and I don't see $1000.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Totally agree!
Toilet paper SMH

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "32"