Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2016, 06:01 PM   #1

New 2017 Dynamax REV RB

I picked up my new Dynamax last Friday.

Overall it is a very nice motorhome with a layout that meets our purposes. There are many neat features that I appreciate. More on those later.

I am not as enthusiastic about the Dodge Ram chassis. Lots of rough edges to irritate skin. Quirky set up, seems foreign. Oh yeah, I think it is foreign. Can't reach the cupholders. Dim instrument panel lights. My right toe gets caught on something above the gas and break pedals. The breaks are not up to the same stopping level as the Chevy chassis just traded. I suspect they are not heavy duty.

The Dodge people must think that knowing the date is very important for a driver. See photo of the instrument panel display with a priority given to date and time.

Aggravating items on the REV with five days of ownership...

Window screens have gaps between the screen and the window frame. That won't keep the bugs out. Dealer fixed one at PDI but the fix did not last the one hour ride home.

The bed ladder that "is in the back" is not in the vehicle. I suspect the dealership put it into another unit.

Tire pressures were not matched on tires on the same axle even though I was assured they were checked. Front tires were at 75 psi this morning, supposed to be 60 max. And we had a cool night. Missing valve cap. Rears were also 75.

The chassis A/C works decent but the house A/C is marginal. No where near the performance of my Sunseeker trade in.

Upper refrigerator cover fell off while I was driving. I didn't know it until we parked. I checked the lower cover and one corner was protruding from the body.
Any suggestions on how I should cover and protect the fridge and whatever is in that now open space?

I have a service appointment for mid August for the screens. I hope I don't get the Zika virus before that.

Signed,
Aggravated Bobby
Attached Images

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 08:05 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Screens can be a bit finicky. Sometimes they need a little persuasion to snap into place properly.

A/C should work just the same...Did you have the 15k upgrade in the Sunseeker? The one in the REV is a 13.5k, non ducted.

Fridge vent replacements should be pretty easy to find. I hate them all...I think there should be some positive latch or cord like the Truma water heater has...hinged would be even better.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 08:30 AM   #3

Thanks.

I didn't want to use too much persuasion on the screens for concern of causing damage.

I think the Sunseeker had the standard A/C but it was ducted so the cool air was distributed more evenly. I did notice that when the bed is in the down position the cool air reaches the cab area.

I will try to locate a fridge vent. I didn't realize it wasn't unique.

The Dodge owners manual has directions for lowering the spare tire but I suspect the REV does not have a spare due to the modifications done. It came with a jack and an air compressor (nice touch).

We were at our Ford dealer yesterday and had to give tours of the REV.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:38 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Ah, yes. We have talked about some sort of deflector to get the air more towards the front...the bed does block it.

Yes, really the spare comes down to two things...nowhere to put it and the weight that it adds on a very light chassis. When there is no spare, they do include a compressor and a bottle of some green goo tire sealant. What they call their "repair kit"

Old 06-30-2016, 09:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Ah, yes. We have talked about some sort of deflector to get the air more towards the front...the bed does block it.

Yes, really the spare comes down to two things...nowhere to put it and the weight that it adds on a very light chassis. When there is no spare, they do include a compressor and a bottle of some green goo tire sealant. What they call their "repair kit"
OK, no spare is fine with me, I didn't expect a spare tire.

Since here is no spare I am inclined to remove the jack to save more weight.

Old 06-30-2016, 03:26 PM   #6

Creature Comfort

I am sitting in a warm sunny parking lot while my wife shops.

The air conditioning seems to be working fine. All it needs is a door that is missing that the dealer said has been ordered.

While waiting I enjoyed the comfort of the sofa in both a sitting position and then reclining. Life is good in a Dynamax.
Old 06-30-2016, 04:11 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Glad to hear it. I might have a couple of Dynamax coozies for your frosty beverage if you're ever around these parts.

Old 07-01-2016, 11:10 PM   #8

TV reception is excellent

I turned on the TV while parked in my usual spot in my driveway and was pleasantly surprised. After a channel scan I could receive TV signsls and had a beautiful picture. I didn't expect anything.

My Sunseeker received nothing in the same spot. Digital antenas in my house pulled in nothing. I live in a canyon and even have crummy AM/FM reception.