Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2018, 06:12 AM   #1

New 2018 Dynamax Rev 24RB Love & Not Love

Just purchased this unit a week ago yesterday and have had to spend my time preparing it in cold weather and in the endless rain. Need to build a garage big enough for this new RV so I can work on inside. Here is my favorites and not so favorites.

Favorites
1. The high quality paint job and emblem colors are the best I have seen in this price range as only thing better I have seen is the isata which is the best 3D paint job I have ever seen.

2. The colors inside and the quality of the leather looking seats made of polycarbonate polyurethane is top of the line from my research. Should be durable.

3. Upgraded everything such as higher quality battery charger, Maxxair Fan, waterproof countertops, Full Size refrigerator, Shower Door, More powerful AC Unit, Top of the line Jensen with bluetooth. High quality Drop Down Bed, Truma Combi's heater is very quite and efficient. Nice door that the wind can destroy. Killer awning system and fabric quality and color choice. Inverter setup with transfer switch and simple to operate.

4. Suspension rear axle upgrade is a major improvement over stock. As now I most likely will not need to upgrade.

Nothing else on the market comes close to the quality and price of this RV and that is why I bought it. In fact I purchased it even though I didn't need it as I got an RV already which I am going to sell. Why? Just fell in love with the way it looks and drives as now it will be for long trips and local ones where my other RV I take out only when I go on a trip.

Not Love

1. Factory house batteries were dead which the dealer tried to fool me that all was good by running the generator or coach when I viewed it. So I told them they need to be replaced or no deal. They put in two cheaper interstate off brand Powerfast group 31 AGM starting batteries. Which will last a year or two at most as they will die no matter how well I take care of them. As they needed the Factory installed ones which are more robust for deep cycling from Deka.

2. That evening I picked up and the dealer told me they replaced the batteries with Interstate deep cycle AGM's and the next day realized they put in a off brand as I told them equivalent. But I couldn't see too well as all I saw on the side was group 31 AGM emblems. So I should of looked better as it was pouring with rain outside that hasn't seemed to have stopped for a month now.

3. The dealer installed the cheaper batteries which didn't have the same size terminals. So their solution was to break them and cram into the terminal and then tighten down. Well they ended up butchering the wiring and left even the ground bolts to the RV loose plus the battery hold downs and the terminals themselves. Who in the world uses twist nuts on an RV these days. Just a mess that I had to spend a few hours crimping new terminals in the rain outside on the ground the next day. I will order new cables and replace these batteries too. I have no choice as they even screwed up the ground cable which is now insulated with electrical tape.

4. The night I took home the RV the steps would not retract. After I repaired the batteries I figured they would now work. Nope as I moved the stairs around and they worked off and on. The next day I took out my meter and tested everything and the electrical wiring and power seemed ok. Except that the connectors are positioned where water seems to get inside and when you turn the water pours out. I figure there just wet. Nope as the stairs don't want to work at all. So I had the stair in and now I suspect the motor is shot as how do I replace with the stairs intact and the bolt with the pin is hidden and not accessible. Nightmare! I figured out a solution and took the motor out to test and it seems to have a open/short problem at the connector to the motor. I went to Camping World and picked up the motor and installed Now everything is working fine as I also lubed the stairs.

5. Not sure why as I got to do more research but on top of the truma on the hot side it looks like a drain. Today it leaked out as I was cleaning and sanitizing the tanks and lines. The truma was off. Maybe its a pressure relief of some type and a hose needs to be installed and ran below the floorboard? Access is limited as will require bench seat removal to inspect all lines.

6. Got 2 sets of front coach side window shades and no windshield shade.? They have 2 different numbers as I installed one and didn't investigate if the other shades fit the sides too. As they look like they wont'. Now more money I need to spend to get the windshield shade.

7. Roof- Plans for flexible ETFE solar panesl but behind the AC unit the roof looks like chocolate hills in the Philippines. Lumpy and not by no means smooth. The front half of the RV is smooth for the most part and can put some there. But the craziest thing I have ever seen on a brand new coach. Is this normal as we don't have 100 degree weather here. The roof material looks and feels like plastic as I thought is was fiberglass.

8. The AC unit Heat portion doesn't work as just blows cold air? Not sure why as I will take apart and see if the heater portion is even installed and connected.

9. The RV is off slanted alittle in my driveway and the floor is now bubbling up creating a crease in the kitchen back by the sink. My old Rv which is even more slanted never has had this problem.

10. Tv Remote is difficult to use as you got to push the buttons endlessly to work and watching the tv with the bottom of the screen tilted down gives me a headache and poor picture. I understand why they did this as is there and adjustment back there?

11. The Booth table is made of some type of paper board which the table has no real support to even put your elbows on as its just a matter of time the bolts will rip out. Never seen a booth table flex like this a maybe some MDF or plywood needs to be placed between the table and hardware.

12. Bathroom sink Faucet leaks on the countertop creating a possible big problem in the future. Solution is I guess to keep a towel between the faucet and sink.

13. Looked like it had a porcelain toilet but it is plastic as has more movement then a porcelain one from sitting on.

14. As beautiful as the cabinets are some of the paper laminate is already peeling from the surface in various locations. So we have got to be extra careful using and cleaning with the type of chemicals we use.

15. The water pump is the better version 3.0 GPM Revolution but it seems to stay on and make noise up to 30 seconds when shutting the faucet off. Suspect crimped lines somewhere or the truma causes this as not sure. I will investigate and replace the pump for a continuous flow 5.0 gpm in the future as even our old Rv's pump bugs her. But this unit is worse.

16. Bathroom drawer was broken on the rails but the dealer fixed it as I think the bolts fell out they said.?

17. The maxxair fan is not bolted down on the roof as I was shocked that I could push up on the fan and it pushed to the sky. I thought at first they didn't seal and screw down the fan housing from the factor. After I looked closely it appears 4 bolts were not screwed into from the outside to hold the unit in place. Surprised it never leaked as we have had a ton of rain this year. Haven't fix yet as not sure if this roof is safe with all the lumps above to step on.

18.. The maxxair fan engages when powered off when the battery disconnect switch turns on. The fan will most likely live a short life since the problem is internally. More expense soon.

Now I do understand that most components and material were chosen due to the weight factor and accepted that before purchasing. Can accept most as it is and will change what I can't accept.

Now a lot of dislikes but I would be here all night telling you what I like so far as I chose to purchase this vehicle and I believe I got one hell of a deal. No manufacture at any price from my research in the USA or Canada comes close to the looks, quality, price of the Dyanamax Rev Line.

Today I watched a video of a high end leisure travel wonder class C that is being released this year and it was most likely double to triple the price and offered less. Plus it came stock with goodies my Dynamax Rev Rb would laugh at.

I know I will love this REV and my wife too as it is just so beautiful inside and out as yes it has a few setbacks but I am blinded by its beauty and drive ability.

Not much upgrades required as it came stock with most all the uprades I wanted and desired. Within the next year some lithium batteries and solar system will be added and a larger inverter to run the Microwave. As we are boondockers and rarely stay at a campground.

The dealers salesman was a nice guy to buy from but were very disorganized and open and closed when they felt like it. As even the bank couldn't even get through to them as they don't answer the phone or were not open. Every inspections and test drive was at night as they had one vehicle at their location and it was this vehicle. So they had to drive to this location to show me it. Not a real rv dealer I suppose. NO PDI performed as they wanted 1 week they said which most likely would of been two weeks to a month.

Even though they rented a few of these models at their other location their knowledge was limited and told me how they had a hard time using the truma system which I figured out in seconds by watching a video on youtube. In all honesty my gut feeling was I didn't trust them and this was a new vehicle so how bad could it turn out to be. We will see what the future brings. As they say a two year warranty which I will not take back to this dealer as they can't even change the batteries without screwing that up.

The other Dynamax dealer nearby has got to be the worst dealer in the country from my experience and everyone else that I know that has dealt with them. Thank goodness I have skills since I am certified to do these type of repairs for a living. In fact all RV owners develop skills I believe in their tenure having an RV. Hope for the best as the Man up stairs I am greatful for by having A Rv in the first place. Plus a loving wife that works hard too so we can enjoy life when we have time.

Mike
ASETECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:00 AM   #2

Just a few observations on the previous post.

1) Pick your dealer more carefully. You state you have the skills for the repairs so residing close to your dealer should not be a factor. You say he is not really an RV dealer, opens when he wants and does not take calls from the bank. BIG RED FLAGS.

2) Start your PDI earlier in the day when visibility is better. If you have inclement weather, have them move it inside. If they can't or won't, walk. Don't accept the unit until you are 100% happy!

3) If they jury rigged the battery cable what else did they skimp on? If the service and workmanship are this bad pre sale, It will only get worse now that you have signed the papers. See # 1

4) You took a unit home with broken steps and then fixed them yourself. See # 2. You lost the right to complain when you accepted it. Same as the batteries, the roof, the table, fan, heater, sink, cabinets, etc

5) Rev literature never claims a porcelain toilet

6) Did you actually see this unit, sit in it, drive it, open stuff, push buttons? You act surprised at the TV angle, table quality, water pump etc.

This forum is a great resource and I am all for valid complaints and solutions, but your post lost validity when you accepted known deficiencies and then came here to bash Dynamax. Your post is confusing....You list 4 likes, 18 complaints, and then tell us how much you love it. You bought a non prepped unit from a shady dealer on a compressed timeline with no PDI so you only have yourself to blame.

And from your other post (could not comment due to thread closure), The customer is NOT always right! Here are some reasons why.

1. Employees are unhappier
Gordon Bethune was responsible for the complete turnaround of Continental Airlines. The full story is told in the book, From Worst to First, because that’s exactly what he did.

Bethune wanted employees and customers to be comfortable with the treatment from Continental, so he announced, “‘The customer is always right’ had no place at Continental.” If there were complaints between his staff and unruly passengers, Bethune took his staff’s side.

He is quoted saying that when there are passengers who cannot be won over, the airline takes the side of its employees. No passenger has a right to maltreat employees just because they bought a ticket.

“For every three million plus passengers that travel with the airline monthly,” he continued, “there will be a handful of irrational, difficult brutes. You must choose between supporting your employees – those who work on a daily basis to make your product better – and those making unreasonable demands.”

2. Combative customers get an unfair advantage
If customers know that they are always right, obnoxious customers will make unreasonable demands, fully knowing they can get away with it. This makes an employee’s job more difficult, as they try to rein in someone who has an advantage over them.

The maxim essentially promotes giving preferential treatment to abrasive, irrational customers, even compared to the nice ones. And that is counterintuitive. You want to be nicer to those who are nicer so that they can keep coming to your business.

3. The business is better off without some customers
While more customers is often a good thing, some customers are just bad for the business. ServiceGruppen, a Danish IT company, tell a story about how one of their technicians went to a client for a routine maintenance job. On arrival, the technician was badly treated by this customer. That customer’s contract was immediately cancelled. They fired a customer who was being abusive to their employee.

It’s not about making more or less money; it’s about recognizing the importance of treating employees with dignity and respect.

4. Leads to poorer customer care

Hal Rosenbluth of Rosenbluth International (travel agency now under ownership of American Express) takes employee loyalty even further in his book, Put The Customer Second: Put Your People First and Watch ‘Em Kick Butt. Hal argues that putting your staff first allows them to put your customers first. Loyalty to employees results in a happier staff, and a happier staff offer better care because:

They are more motivated and energetic at work
They pay higher consideration for customers as well as other staff
They are more fun to be around, interact and transact with

5. Sometimes the customer is wrong

2018 Isata 5 DS
sseaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:38 AM   #3

We also have a 2018 Rev 24rb which we like very much, however as op stated, the table, and faucet placement were issues that concerned us as well but we found a way to rectify them ourselves. The other issues mentioned I believe are result of an inadequate PDI and walk through. Good luck
richy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 10:20 AM   #4

I've been in business most of my adult life, mostly in the automotive repair business. I've always tried to respond to my customers needs and concerns. I've had to fire a few customers along the way and have never regretted it. I've always considered the most important person in my business is the dedicated and trustworthy employee. You have to have customers to pay the bills but not at the expense of your self respect and integrity. You can weed out the bad ones and still enjoy a successful business. No one is always right. You just can't fix stupid.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 02:23 PM   #5

I agree with the other posters, all of these problems should and could have been handled in the PDI or by walking out and going to another dealer somewhere.
Having lots of Fun traveling with my wife
old40ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 02:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by old40ford View Post
I agree with the other posters, all of these problems should and could have been handled in the PDI or by walking out and going to another dealer somewhere.
Nice car! I'd love to see more pictures.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 02:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
Nice car! I'd love to see more pictures.
Thanks, I will try to find them for you. Sadly, I lost the car in my divorce, I just keep it alive in my posts and dreams It was a 1935 Ford Fordor

Right now, I have a 1926 model T fordor under construction, my second T, I took 1st place at Hershey in 2004 with my other one.
Having lots of Fun traveling with my wife
old40ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 04:40 PM   #8

"The customer is always right" is a saying that was never meant to be literal. This thread is going downhill, I'm off.
Go UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 05:53 PM   #9

Happy customers

No we are just happy customers. All RV's have problems. That's why I always carry parts and tools with me on my travels.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:15 PM   #10
Commercial Member

I'll try and summarize where I can.

Favorites 1-4 (glad to hear it). You have a painted REV? We didn't build many of those.

Not Love:
1,2,3: seem to be one related "not love".

4. I'll go on the record and say I hate powers steps, if they sit, they can seize but I will say Kwikee has been pretty good on the warranty side. Unless your coach is used, you can call Kwikee (now LCI) and they do a really good job of troubleshooting their steps. They are also know to send parts to those that need them under warranty, bypassing the dealer. By their nature...they need to be exposed to the elements AND have moving parts right behind the drive wheel. Just bad news.

5. Truma...I'm not sure there. There is a pressure/temp relief valve.

6. If your coach is under warranty and you got a set of two sides, we likely sent it with two sides. I see no reason why this would cost you more money, just let the dealer know and they should be able to get the front shade by returning the side shade. Or email parts, let the know what happened, give them your contact info and VIN.

7. I've never been to the Philippines, but the roof is pebbled fiberglass. FRP by Crane to be exact. Its what everyone uses, short of a molded fiberglass roof which is super heavy.

8. Likely no heat strip. We got them in for a period without the strip installed. Thought we caught them all.

9. might be plywood floor seam? maybe its twisting? A lot of MFG's use OSB one piece. We were using plywood. Could be the difference.

10. maybe the tilt is blocking the IR section of the TV? Normally the tilt is so you have a more direct viewing angle while seated. That should give you a better viewing angle...or are you watching from bed?

11. The booth table is actually styrofoam. High Pressure Laminate, bonded to medium density styrofoam with a melamine board on the bottom. SUPER light weight. It is pretty much the same thing that Winnie started using in their Sprinters. Wilsonart or Pionite with a plastic edge. there are thin steel straps bonded in the table for screw retention. Maybe that is flexing too much? If it were mine and I did not need it for a bed, I would run an aluminum angle on the wall to support that edge.

12. We used to use a vessel bowl. We changed to save weight and they did not move the faucet right away. A non-vessel bowl style can replace the existing faucet with more of a spout. If the coach is new, then shoot a picture to the service or parts guys in that same email. We can figure that one out, I wouldn't leave it like that. Although the counter material is the same as the dinette. Pretty impervious to water.

13. Only the TB had a macerating toilet. All others are plastic for weight. Pretty common in Class C's.

14. True. If it becomes unsightly, those cabinet doors are readily available. They are real wood...Italian light-ply.,,but like al real wood, in heat and humidity they can be somewhat unstable.

15. Sometimes if a pipe is resting on a wall or something hard, it can be louder than it should. I guess I'm used to it by now...I've ben hearing those pumps for over a decade I think the Sureflo is pretty quiet. The 4gpm is louder than the 3...so be careful, sometimes the large ones magnify the problem. If it keeps running...I agree, could be a kink, or something with the Anderson Valve. There is an O-ring in there and you should really only turn it once pressure has been relieved. IE...turn the pump off, open a faucet and let the pressure leak off. Not doing that can make the Anderson valve difficult to turn...or the pressure can roll the O-ring out a bit and when you turn, we think it can get nicked. So you don't get a good seal.

17. Are you talking from the inside to out or outside to in??? A picture might help here. The Marfan gets screwed from the top down and then that is sealed with self leveling sealant. Then there are (4) screws that screw the top down to the side of that collar.

18. The MaxxAir fan has a thermostatic control. Could it be coming on when it gets power because the temp is above that setting?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 11:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASETECH View Post
Just purchased this unit a week ago yesterday and have had to spend my time preparing it in cold weather and in the endless rain. Need to build a garage big enough for this new RV so I can work on inside. Here is my favorites and not so favorites.

Favorites
1. The high quality paint job and emblem colors are the best I have seen in this price range as only thing better I have seen is the isata which is the best 3D paint job I have ever seen.

2. The colors inside and the quality of the leather looking seats made of polycarbonate polyurethane is top of the line from my research. Should be durable.

3. Upgraded everything such as higher quality battery charger, Maxxair Fan, waterproof countertops, Full Size refrigerator, Shower Door, More powerful AC Unit, Top of the line Jensen with bluetooth. High quality Drop Down Bed, Truma Combi's heater is very quite and efficient. Nice door that the wind can destroy. Killer awning system and fabric quality and color choice. Inverter setup with transfer switch and simple to operate.

4. Suspension rear axle upgrade is a major improvement over stock. As now I most likely will not need to upgrade.

Nothing else on the market comes close to the quality and price of this RV and that is why I bought it. In fact I purchased it even though I didn't need it as I got an RV already which I am going to sell. Why? Just fell in love with the way it looks and drives as now it will be for long trips and local ones where my other RV I take out only when I go on a trip.

Not Love

1. Factory house batteries were dead which the dealer tried to fool me that all was good by running the generator or coach when I viewed it. So I told them they need to be replaced or no deal. They put in two cheaper interstate off brand Powerfast group 31 AGM starting batteries. Which will last a year or two at most as they will die no matter how well I take care of them. As they needed the Factory installed ones which are more robust for deep cycling from Deka.

2. That evening I picked up and the dealer told me they replaced the batteries with Interstate deep cycle AGM's and the next day realized they put in a off brand as I told them equivalent. But I couldn't see too well as all I saw on the side was group 31 AGM emblems. So I should of looked better as it was pouring with rain outside that hasn't seemed to have stopped for a month now.

3. The dealer installed the cheaper batteries which didn't have the same size terminals. So their solution was to break them and cram into the terminal and then tighten down. Well they ended up butchering the wiring and left even the ground bolts to the RV loose plus the battery hold downs and the terminals themselves. Who in the world uses twist nuts on an RV these days. Just a mess that I had to spend a few hours crimping new terminals in the rain outside on the ground the next day. I will order new cables and replace these batteries too. I have no choice as they even screwed up the ground cable which is now insulated with electrical tape.

4. The night I took home the RV the steps would not retract. After I repaired the batteries I figured they would now work. Nope as I moved the stairs around and they worked off and on. The next day I took out my meter and tested everything and the electrical wiring and power seemed ok. Except that the connectors are positioned where water seems to get inside and when you turn the water pours out. I figure there just wet. Nope as the stairs don't want to work at all. So I had the stair in and now I suspect the motor is shot as how do I replace with the stairs intact and the bolt with the pin is hidden and not accessible. Nightmare! I figured out a solution and took the motor out to test and it seems to have a open/short problem at the connector to the motor. I went to Camping World and picked up the motor and installed Now everything is working fine as I also lubed the stairs.

5. Not sure why as I got to do more research but on top of the truma on the hot side it looks like a drain. Today it leaked out as I was cleaning and sanitizing the tanks and lines. The truma was off. Maybe its a pressure relief of some type and a hose needs to be installed and ran below the floorboard? Access is limited as will require bench seat removal to inspect all lines.

6. Got 2 sets of front coach side window shades and no windshield shade.? They have 2 different numbers as I installed one and didn't investigate if the other shades fit the sides too. As they look like they wont'. Now more money I need to spend to get the windshield shade.

7. Roof- Plans for flexible ETFE solar panesl but behind the AC unit the roof looks like chocolate hills in the Philippines. Lumpy and not by no means smooth. The front half of the RV is smooth for the most part and can put some there. But the craziest thing I have ever seen on a brand new coach. Is this normal as we don't have 100 degree weather here. The roof material looks and feels like plastic as I thought is was fiberglass.

8. The AC unit Heat portion doesn't work as just blows cold air? Not sure why as I will take apart and see if the heater portion is even installed and connected.

9. The RV is off slanted alittle in my driveway and the floor is now bubbling up creating a crease in the kitchen back by the sink. My old Rv which is even more slanted never has had this problem.

10. Tv Remote is difficult to use as you got to push the buttons endlessly to work and watching the tv with the bottom of the screen tilted down gives me a headache and poor picture. I understand why they did this as is there and adjustment back there?

11. The Booth table is made of some type of paper board which the table has no real support to even put your elbows on as its just a matter of time the bolts will rip out. Never seen a booth table flex like this a maybe some MDF or plywood needs to be placed between the table and hardware.

12. Bathroom sink Faucet leaks on the countertop creating a possible big problem in the future. Solution is I guess to keep a towel between the faucet and sink.

13. Looked like it had a porcelain toilet but it is plastic as has more movement then a porcelain one from sitting on.

14. As beautiful as the cabinets are some of the paper laminate is already peeling from the surface in various locations. So we have got to be extra careful using and cleaning with the type of chemicals we use.

15. The water pump is the better version 3.0 GPM Revolution but it seems to stay on and make noise up to 30 seconds when shutting the faucet off. Suspect crimped lines somewhere or the truma causes this as not sure. I will investigate and replace the pump for a continuous flow 5.0 gpm in the future as even our old Rv's pump bugs her. But this unit is worse.

16. Bathroom drawer was broken on the rails but the dealer fixed it as I think the bolts fell out they said.?

17. The maxxair fan is not bolted down on the roof as I was shocked that I could push up on the fan and it pushed to the sky. I thought at first they didn't seal and screw down the fan housing from the factor. After I looked closely it appears 4 bolts were not screwed into from the outside to hold the unit in place. Surprised it never leaked as we have had a ton of rain this year. Haven't fix yet as not sure if this roof is safe with all the lumps above to step on.

18.. The maxxair fan engages when powered off when the battery disconnect switch turns on. The fan will most likely live a short life since the problem is internally. More expense soon.

Now I do understand that most components and material were chosen due to the weight factor and accepted that before purchasing. Can accept most as it is and will change what I can't accept.

Now a lot of dislikes but I would be here all night telling you what I like so far as I chose to purchase this vehicle and I believe I got one hell of a deal. No manufacture at any price from my research in the USA or Canada comes close to the looks, quality, price of the Dyanamax Rev Line.

Today I watched a video of a high end leisure travel wonder class C that is being released this year and it was most likely double to triple the price and offered less. Plus it came stock with goodies my Dynamax Rev Rb would laugh at.

I know I will love this REV and my wife too as it is just so beautiful inside and out as yes it has a few setbacks but I am blinded by its beauty and drive ability.

Not much upgrades required as it came stock with most all the uprades I wanted and desired. Within the next year some lithium batteries and solar system will be added and a larger inverter to run the Microwave. As we are boondockers and rarely stay at a campground.

The dealers salesman was a nice guy to buy from but were very disorganized and open and closed when they felt like it. As even the bank couldn't even get through to them as they don't answer the phone or were not open. Every inspections and test drive was at night as they had one vehicle at their location and it was this vehicle. So they had to drive to this location to show me it. Not a real rv dealer I suppose. NO PDI performed as they wanted 1 week they said which most likely would of been two weeks to a month.

Even though they rented a few of these models at their other location their knowledge was limited and told me how they had a hard time using the truma system which I figured out in seconds by watching a video on youtube. In all honesty my gut feeling was I didn't trust them and this was a new vehicle so how bad could it turn out to be. We will see what the future brings. As they say a two year warranty which I will not take back to this dealer as they can't even change the batteries without screwing that up.

The other Dynamax dealer nearby has got to be the worst dealer in the country from my experience and everyone else that I know that has dealt with them. Thank goodness I have skills since I am certified to do these type of repairs for a living. In fact all RV owners develop skills I believe in their tenure having an RV. Hope for the best as the Man up stairs I am greatful for by having A Rv in the first place. Plus a loving wife that works hard too so we can enjoy life when we have time.

Mike

I don’t think you will have to do anything to the suspension.

Assuming we have the same Truma there is a pressure relief valve and a drain valve. The manual has diagrams showing location of both and how the operate. I believe the drain valve has a yellow lever on top (I am color blind).

Make sure your Truma heat duct hoses are fully on the vents. They are easy to knock off.

If you haven’t open both front shade packages. We thought we were missing one until we opened them fully.

We didn’t get a heat strip in our A/C either. Dealer claims it is not standard, brochure says it is. Factory parts guy said to contact A/C supplier. Since the Truma is so quiet and the roof unit is LOUD I have not done so yet.

Try changing the batteries in your TV remote before you do anything to the TV. Our TV picture is excellent.

Our Maxxair fan cycles briefly when we turn on the battery switch but not in very cold weather. Doesn’t blow air in, only exhaust. It is supposed to do both.

If you bought this new you have a two year warranty.

I don’t know where you bought it or where you live or where you will use it. These are not designed for very cold weather use.

I use mine all year in PA. It was 19° this morning and the heater brought up the interior to upper 50’s in an hour. While sitting on the sofa I happened to pick up something off the floor and noticed a lot of cold air coming in. I realized I need to insulate the outside compartment forward of the Truma heater to hopefully eliminate that draft. Earlier this year I noticed drafts around the cab floor so you may wants to investigate that area.

We have had no quality problems with the the furniture, cabinets, table, sink faucet, etc. Bathroom sink drain leaks when sink starts to fill up. “Fixed” by dealer twice but still a problem. I will have to wait for warm weather before I can take it back again.

I expect that once you get your issues sorted out you will be a very happy camper. BTW Truma has excellent customer service via telephone.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:31 AM   #12
Commercial Member

Maxxair fan is used as the Kitchen range exhaust....so it is not supposed to intake. You can buy them that way, but we do not. The other reason is we have seen the intake, intake sewer gas. It is better to turn on the exhaust and crack a window. Same effect, zero potential side effects.

Actually it is a better effect...instead of pulling hot air from the roof, you can pull cool air from under the awning.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 02:04 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Maxxair fan is used as the Kitchen range exhaust....so it is not supposed to intake. You can buy them that way, but we do not. The other reason is we have seen the intake, intake sewer gas. It is better to turn on the exhaust and crack a window. Same effect, zero potential side effects.

Actually it is a better effect...instead of pulling hot air from the roof, you can pull cool air from under the awning.

That makes good sense.

I was fooled by the remote control that has a button for intake or exhaust.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote