Old 07-01-2019, 10:08 AM   #1
GM

New 2020 Quad View Camera

There was a lot of interest at the Rally about modifying and/or upgrading to the new Quad View monitor.

I have mentioned before the reasons for the quad view (delays on the left/right turn signal, loose cables, etc). This particular monitor eliminates the video switcher box (reducing potential errors) and is just a pigtail off the camera with direct connections. The triggers are direct, but we only use one...the reverse, which I quickly disabled.

So, here are all the parts in question. I am still working to see if we can get a kit price. The next evolution would be a 360 degree view...but that is considerably more expensive and needs to be calibrated for each and every floor plan. I felt like this gives you a 360 degree feel, without all the hassle and cost.

BR-RVC13-B Dual Rear camera

C3500M-L Convoy Camera, SideView Sony CMOS, Left Side, Surface Mount

C3500M-R Convoy Camera, SideView Sony CMOS, Right Side, Surface Mount

MCBL5 2-Per Convoy Camera Cable 5M, Convoy to 4 position Mini Fit Jr.

BR-6PTC20 1-Per Convoy Camera Cable 20M, Convoy to 6 position Mini Fit Jr.

BR-TQM1001 DIGITAL 10.1" LCD 4-CAMERA MONITOR

Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 10:22 AM   #2

Will this be available to upgrade older isata 3 vehicles?

Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 10:25 AM   #3
GM

The new 3 series, we're only doing a 7" monitor so we don't take up too much windshield space. But other than that, everything is the same.

As for "upgrade" none of this will really be available for upgrade...at least not in a "plug and play application". Some people were asking about how they "might" tie in to their existing system with this larger monitor with quad view. This is a completely different animal with dual rear camera and no video switcher. This would be like wiring up an entirely new system.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 07-07-2019, 10:24 PM   #4

Quad monitor on 2020 24FWM

Hi Brian,
I have a TMQ7002 quad monitor in my newly purchased unit but did not receive any documentation on it, could you send me a link to the documentation files?

Thanks!

Dave
Railroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:49 AM   #5
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
Hi Brian,
I have a TMQ7002 quad monitor in my newly purchased unit but did not receive any documentation on it, could you send me a link to the documentation files?

Thanks!

Dave
There actually is no documentation. This camera is pretty new...I have asked for some, but gotten none. Was there something you wanted to know? Having played with that camera for a week, it is pretty self explanatory.

We just shot some video on it, so hopefully we'll get a little more detail to it. But if you hit the menu button...it seems like most of the menus are pretty simple. Press UP or DOWN to change the setting.

You can turn OFF the auto dim (not sure if that was what they called it) and then just use the D/N (Day-Night) button to change it from dim to bright. I preferred this over "auto" since I had a cab over and I'm not sure the "eye" would read night properly.

There is only ONE trigger that is installed. That is Trigger 1 and it is for the back up screen. So when in reverse, that trigger will change the camera to FULL back up view. I turned that trigger off because I found that I preferred all four images when backing up.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
There was a lot of interest at the Rally about modifying and/or upgrading to the new Quad View monitor.

I have mentioned before the reasons for the quad view (delays on the left/right turn signal, loose cables, etc). This particular monitor eliminates the video switcher box (reducing potential errors) and is just a pigtail off the camera with direct connections. The triggers are direct, but we only use one...the reverse, which I quickly disabled.

So, here are all the parts in question. I am still working to see if we can get a kit price. The next evolution would be a 360 degree view...but that is considerably more expensive and needs to be calibrated for each and every floor plan. I felt like this gives you a 360 degree feel, without all the hassle and cost.

Old 08-07-2019, 08:06 PM   #7

Quote:

Brian,

Thanks for the parts list and especially the part numbers, that comes in handy for sure. couple of questions from an owner who is dying to improve the rear camera on their Isata 5:

Do you have a suggested or recommended vendor that we can contact to obtain these parts? as an example, googling that part number for the dual camera turns up almost nothing in terms of a place to actually buy it.

It SOUNDS like the original side cams on the Isata 5 will not work and will need to be replaced with the above mentioned parts, is that correct?

Thanks
Old 08-08-2019, 11:10 AM   #8
GM

Right now, none of the pins are accurate. We get all the parts from River Park currently. You could order the entire set through out part department, I have not checked on any pricing.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:57 AM   #9

Will this work as a replacement on an I-5 30FW?
Is this a dash mount or is it a replacement mount over the rearview mirror like the current one?
SusieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:09 PM   #10
GM

Please see post #3. Anything is possible, but it is not plug and play.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:10 PM   #11

I did a similar thing on my 2018 I3. As Brian states, anything is possible. The video & triggers are located inside the driver's seat mount. If you are not electrical/electronic oriented, it's best no to mess with this. Without going back to look into each part number that Brian listed I may not be accurate in what I state here. In my case, in order to avoid cutting connectors off of the wires from the cams, I made up adapter cables that mated to the cam Molex connectors and provided RCA output jacks. I my case I installed a device that accepts 4 RCA video signals and outputs a single split screen video. This device also provides the ability to arrange the split video windows on the display to your preference. I then fed the single video output from this video splitting device from under the seat to the dash. I suppose you can use the existing video cable that was originally used but I chose to route a new cable because the original was not long enough to reach the monitor location. This video cable plugged into an RCA video input on the monitor which I mounted on the dash. I believe all the original trigger signals for these cams came from the tail light harness under the coach. I chose to abandon the triggers because I wanted full time video of all cams. The most time consuming and tedious effort was making up the adapter cables. The monitor is attached to swivel mount bolted onto the dash. 12VDC comes from a newly fused circuit to a switch mounted on the base of the driver seat and feeds the cams, the splitting device and a wire is routed thru the chassis battery compartment up into the dash for the monitor. It's a decent undertaking.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:18 PM   #12

Quote:
The new 3 series, we're only doing a 7" monitor so we don't take up too much windshield space. But other than that, everything is the same.

As for "upgrade" none of this will really be available for upgrade...at least not in a "plug and play application". Some people were asking about how they "might" tie in to their existing system with this larger monitor with quad view. This is a completely different animal with dual rear camera and no video switcher. This would be like wiring up an entirely new system.
So for the 19 I5 there is no upgrade? Or this would not work because of? Wiring issues?

I did contact the camera company regarding just a new monitor, as the current one is worthless, cannot see anything on the sides blurry, and sun destroys the video. Rear is ok. I was unsure if it would work so I dropped it. I would remove the "rearview" mirror and hang the monitor there.
dannko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 07:27 AM   #13

Quote:
This is a completely different animal with dual rear camera and no video switcher. This would be like wiring up an entirely new system.
Personally, I am okay with that. I just wanted to know where to get the parts because I can't find them to save my soul.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:00 PM   #14
2019 Isata 5 30FW

Do you happen to have wiring schematics for the cameras on the different model coaches similar to what I saw for coax and hdmi cables?
Cookie86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 03:42 PM   #15
PRK

Quote:

Brian, I brought this thread back because I’m trying to understand the camera components and how they function in my 2020 Isata3 24FW. My dealer/tech didn’t have a clue how the camera system functioned during my in service to the unit. I thought I would review the manual on my own but I did not receive any paperwork/ manual on the camera system. Some of it is intuitive but not all. Is what you describe above what I have in my Isata? If it is I can start looking for on line manuals. The accessories paperwork that came with the motorhome says I have a Riverpark C-1000-M camera but looking at the one on the unit it obviously isn’t. I tried emailing Dynamax support but an “error” page pops up and I couldn’t get any emails to go through. Hopefully you can help me out. Thanks.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:08 AM   #16
GM

1. if you have a 2020, with the camera mounted to the dash, then you likely have the quad camera.

2. This is all we have for manuals (see pdf)

3. what specifically are you trying to do? If you hit the menu button, that gets you through most things. As I mentioned, I disabled my "Trigger 1" so that I had quad view at all times. I also had to disable "cam scan" which will cycle through all views.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BR-TQS7002-RVC16 13 CMOS 700TVL Owner Manual.pdf (162.2 KB, 30 views)
Old 10-07-2019, 09:06 AM   #17
PRK

Thanks Brian, that’s the monitor I have. I do have some questions:

1. The Kenwood manual describes setting the colored parking guidelines. Is this not available with the camera setup I have?
2. Camera monitor menu button:
a. Trigger 1-4 are all “on”. Is that the correct setting and what do they do?
b. “Park” is set to off. What is this?
c. One of the camera screens looks like a view of the windshield wiper. Is there a front view camera?
d. There is a microphone on the dash. How does that work?
3. The mounted rear camera looks like a dual camera. Is that supposed to give 2 different rear views? If so, how do I set it?
4. The dealer told me that when I turn a directional on the monitor will show a full view of the side the directional is on. Is that correct, and if so, how do I get to that setting?

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:27 AM   #18
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRK View Post
Thanks Brian, that’s the monitor I have. I do have some questions:

1. The Kenwood manual describes setting the colored parking guidelines. Is this not available with the camera setup I have?
2. Camera monitor menu button:
a. Trigger 1-4 are all “on”. Is that the correct setting and what do they do?
b. “Park” is set to off. What is this?
c. One of the camera screens looks like a view of the windshield wiper. Is there a front view camera?
d. There is a microphone on the dash. How does that work?
3. The mounted rear camera looks like a dual camera. Is that supposed to give 2 different rear views? If so, how do I set it?
4. The dealer told me that when I turn a directional on the monitor will show a full view of the side the directional is on. Is that correct, and if so, how do I get to that setting?

Thanks for your help.
1. The kenwood has nothing to do with the camera system. You "CAN" run the camera through the Kenwood....but then if you want to watch your tow vehicle, you cannot watch the GPS screen. So we opted for a stand-alone.

a: The triggers are what triggers the camera views. We ONLY use trigger one, which is the "reverse" trigger. If it sees power to the reverse lights, it "Triggers" the hitch camera. I turn them ALL off. If you leave trigger one on, it will go full screen in reverse with the hitch view. You lose the left/right/horizon. We DID NOT hook up the Trigger 2 and Trigger 3, those would be for the right and left turn signal. in my mind the delay is too long.

b: Park is the park assist lines for this camera. I keep them off, otherwise they are on in the middle of the quad screen.

c. No. So it might just be a camera view needs adjusted. You have right-left-horizon (out)-Hitch (straight down).

d. That is for Bluetooth, hands free calling from the Kenwood.

3. Yes....you need to hit the camera view until you get to the "Quad view" see also C

4. That is not correct. The Mercedes sends those signals via CANbus. So to read those signals, you need a mother module that just complicates things. Plus, the delay to get to the side view image, was too long. So we eliminated the extra module and do not use the triggers. If you want to get to a side view, FULL, you could cycle through the different views, but I was happy enough with the Quad view...while I can't read someones license plate, I can at least see if they are in my blind spot and I can do that "without" the need to turn on my turn signal.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:35 AM   #19
PRK

Quote:
1. The kenwood has nothing to do with the camera system. You "CAN" run the camera through the Kenwood....but then if you want to watch your tow vehicle, you cannot watch the GPS screen. So we opted for a stand-alone.

a: The triggers are what triggers the camera views. We ONLY use trigger one, which is the "reverse" trigger. If it sees power to the reverse lights, it "Triggers" the hitch camera. I turn them ALL off. If you leave trigger one on, it will go full screen in reverse with the hitch view. You lose the left/right/horizon. We DID NOT hook up the Trigger 2 and Trigger 3, those would be for the right and left turn signal. in my mind the delay is too long.

b: Park is the park assist lines for this camera. I keep them off, otherwise they are on in the middle of the quad screen.

c. No. So it might just be a camera view needs adjusted. You have right-left-horizon (out)-Hitch (straight down).

d. That is for Bluetooth, hands free calling from the Kenwood.

3. Yes....you need to hit the camera view until you get to the "Quad view" see also C

4. That is not correct. The Mercedes sends those signals via CANbus. So to read those signals, you need a mother module that just complicates things. Plus, the delay to get to the side view image, was too long. So we eliminated the extra module and do not use the triggers. If you want to get to a side view, FULL, you could cycle through the different views, but I was happy enough with the Quad view...while I can't read someones license plate, I can at least see if they are in my blind spot and I can do that "without" the need to turn on my turn signal.
C. The camera to adjust would be one of the rear view cameras?
Old 10-07-2019, 09:42 AM   #20
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRK View Post
C. The camera to adjust would be one of the rear view cameras?
I'd have to see a picture of what you are talking about. If you take a pic of the monitor when on, I can see if anything is out of place.