Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2017, 08:59 PM   #1

New force hd 37bh

I'm the new owner of a force hd, 2 days old. I traded in the vengence touring edition toy hauler, so I have to re-adjust to my new set up.
We will take it on the road next weekend for Memorial day and we are looking forward to it.
The forum is very helpful, thank you all for posting up. I have learned a lot already.
Can someone explain to me, or provide a video how the cable/TV system is set up please?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170516_120905.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	258.7 KB
ID:	138454  
Gas-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:28 PM   #2
Retired Army Paratrooper

If your going to use the cable connection their is a button behind the TV that has a little green light on it (black face plate with black push button and green light). You have press this button so the green light goes off and then your cable connection that is in the outside water compartment will work.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:17 AM   #3

Nice choice, enjoy.

MasterBlaster hit it right on the nose with the cable. We had a few connection problems and found out the cable going to the bedroom was cut under the fridge, ran a new line, no more issues.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:28 AM   #4

Congrats on your new Force. Great looking rig!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 02:13 PM   #5

Thank you.
Most places we go do not have cable, so we will be using the satillight mostly.
I ordered a directtv box today sine we have dish at the house. My coach has two cables above main tv.
When I use the satillight, does it send the signal to the bedroom and outside tv too?
Thx
Old 05-20-2017, 10:16 PM   #6

Gas-man I have dish on our RV. I think you can remove your boxes from home and they will work on the camper. Good looking unit, we look at those this past week. We have a Concord 30DS now going to trade soon. As far as the bedroom you have to have a box for each tv. Our MH had a King antenna on the roof with two cable connection we had the second cable ran to bedroom so we can watch in there. Good luck ART
Rescue Duct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:01 AM   #7

If you use a newer DirecTV tuner or the one from your house it's most likely going to be SWM only. You can buy the SWM kit on Amazon for around $50. You'll need this to use the new DTV tuners. I use the tuners from the house so I also bought extra power supplies for them to leave it the rig. Now it's an easy plug and play.
If you plan to watch TV while driving you'll need to put the main tuner box and power inserter that comes with the SWM kit in the cabover bunk. The TV in the back is not powered off the inverter...at least in my TS floor plan it isn't.
https://www.amazon.com/Winegard-SWM-...s=winegard+swm
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:51 PM   #8

Thanks Andy. I can't find the power inserter or splitter even though the instructions show it comes with it. I tried to pull the wood panel behind the tv, but the trim was to tight to get it out.
The rv came with the Trav'ler sk-swm3 and I am using a h25 box from directtv.
Is this the same one you have?
Thanks for the help.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:18 AM   #9

New force hd 37bh

Well now that I zoomed in on the picture of your rig I can see the Trav'ler on the roof.
The Trav'ler is made for the SWM system. It's built in. All you need to do is connect your box. Mine is an H44, but yours should work too. My Force came with the In-Motion and I had to add the Trav'ler.
Enjoy that HDTV!
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:40 AM   #10
Big Max

Congrtulations on your new Force, I believe you are going to really enjoy it!
DKBigMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:16 AM   #11

Congrats. Great looking rig.

We went DISH as well because our winegard could only do in motion HD on dish. Also they have a pay as you go program where we only pay for months we need. We didnt have an existing satellite service so this works good for us.