Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2019, 11:01 AM   #1

New Ford Chassis - Collision Avoidance

New to the forum, so please bear with me. I checked but didn't see this question.

I read somewhere this week that Ford is going to include their regular lane departure and collision avoidance systems in the chassis used for some RVs beginning with the 2020 model year. I know that Dynamax has an optional alert system (now using mobileye), and will definitely add that, if the built in systems aren't available, but the Ford system is interesting mainly because of the integrated braking, like passenger cars.

I am planning to purchase/order a new Isata 4 31 DS later this year and my questions are:

1. Did I read correctly?
2. Will Dynamax have it in the 2020 models?
3. If yes, will that include the Isata?
Ter10rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:29 AM   #2
Commercial Member

1. not sure, but that would be "Ford"s" 2020 models. Those will likely not start hitting until fall of 2019, which most likely puts them in an RV OEM's 2021 MY. (see attached sheet on model year)

2. See 1. And to add to that, we normally share our chassis pool with Coachmen and Sunseeker, the other FR divisions. To keep things consistent, we all order them in the with same options. So, even if they offer it, does not necessarily mean we will all take it...that will depend on the cost of the option and the value it presents.

3. We only build the E450 under the Isata 4 brand. So if we did take that option as company (all three divisions), then you would likely not see it until Spring/Summer 2020.

On the Isata 3 Series, I know that option is going to be available on the 2019 Sprinter Chassis. I think the consensus right now is to take it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf _RVIA Document on Model Year.pdf (104.9 KB, 50 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:05 PM   #3

Bryan

When will Dynamax start building on the new 2019 Mercedes chassis. Thanks

Tom and Linda in Texas
hpdrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:07 PM   #4
Commercial Member

well, tough to give a good answer there, as we have yet to see any of them. BUT, if they come when they say they're going to come....the first ones would start shipping in the fall.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:32 PM   #5

Bryan

Thanks for always being available to answer questions.

Tom and Linda in Texas
hpdrver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford