Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2017, 09:25 PM   #1

New Isata 3

Took delivery of new Isata 3 four weeks ago. After research decided on the Dyamanx brand, and the involvement of management in the forum. Great finish on the Dynamax portion with exception of a couple of omissions on delivery; waiting for cocktail table, filter element in water filter, and broken cover flap for shore power hookup. Dealer now has available. Primary problem, both front wheels out of balance with severe shimmy in steering wheel at highway speeds. (Should have returned to dealer at that point) Reported to dealer, told to take to MB. Took to MB dealer after two week wait, one wheel balanced the other bent (HiSpec) and unable to balance. (Someone drove this 2,200+miles in this condition from Indiana to Oregon) Now we wait for dealer to order replacement wheel with another two week wait. So, now have a expensive one room addition to house or a five ton boat anchor in our front yard. Have tried to resolve privately through direct emails to Dynamax, but no response.
hillj41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 07:59 PM   #2

I hope your problems are resolved quickly. Having two manufacturers and their warranties and their service centers to deal with is a problem with Sprinter units. After a year of ownership, (and after being told by the Sprinter shop last year that MB would not cover cost of alignment on a new unit since they took it for a drive and their was no problem) and trying to improve handling, I am following the advice of many and getting an alignment done next week. If the shop doing the alignment (which is the one the Sprinter shop uses) determines that there is a serious alignment problem and then make the necessary adjustment to correct the problem, I will submit a bill to MB; wish me luck. They will probably say it happened due to driver recklessness.
Either the dealer or FR needs to pay tp express ship that wheel immediately; pressure the dealer to pressure FR; there was a memo a while back from FR that pretty much demanded that dealers address problems quickly. If the dealer doesn't do tire/wheel work, they need to job it out asap to a qualified shop. Then another alignment needs to be done. A free oil change coupon would be nice, also.
We love our Isata once we are parked at the campground. We knew going in that there would be problems; perhaps not as many as we have had. Provide an update on how quickly all the responsible parties carry out their work. Aain, good luck!
RolandRevenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 08:37 PM   #3
Commercial Member

hillj41...if it is an aluminum wheel, it is a Dynamax issues not an MB one. Aluminum wheels do not come from MB. Not sure why you would have to wait so long...we stock those aluminum wheels and should be able to pull from stock. It would just be shipping time and the dealer actually placing the order.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 09:45 PM   #4

Brian, thank you for the response. You are one of the reasons I purchased the Isata 3. I will talk with the dealer on Monday and get them to expedite the replacement. Wheels and tires are the foundation of our house on wheels and need to be sound. Joe Eash was helpful in getting this unit to our dealer and want to be a positive in our responses in the future.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:53 PM   #5

Wish you luck. I for one am so discouraged. Just picked up our new 2017 Isata 3 two days ago from the dealer. It also had a shimmy going down the highway on our way home from the dealer after signing papers Thursday. Should the RV dealer be arranging the balancing and alinment. We have a lot of issues with this new unit, so disappointed!
mistysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 03:36 PM   #6

As to the shimmy, mine was both front wheels were out of balance, which was partially resolved by the Mercedes dealer. They were able to balance one of the wheels but determined the other wheel was bent and could not be balanced. Our RV dealer has ordered a replacement wheel which should correct the problem. With the one wheel balanced, the shimmy was reduced by not eliminated. Waiting for the replacement. Prior to delivery, our dealer corrected a leak in one of the holding tanks during their PDI, and we have had no other issues, although have not been able to really use the unit yet. Hope you get your other issues resolved quickly.