Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2019, 08:08 AM   #1

New Isata 3 RW

Good morning all,

We are on our first adventure in our new Isata 3 RW. Brand new to RV'ing life. We purchased last week to go full time. We are staying an hour from home to test out the new home. Several issues we have discovered. The toilet will not work at all. Lights never came on. I reset all the breakers as per the owners manual. Still nothing. I thought maybe rinsing out through black tank rinse because maybe there was a blockage from initial install. Water shot up through the two vent lines red and blue under the bathroom sink. That was fun!! lol The black tank keeps filling with water even though we have not been able to use the toilet. TV's will not work on the antenna and the DVD will not play either. The dealership where we purchased told us yesterday we could drop it off this morning and they will get to us when they can. Nervous because we have heard horror stories about 3-6 months in the service department. Any advise?

Regards,
Scooterbush
Scooterbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 08:19 AM   #2

Did all this stuff work at the dealer before you left with it?
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 09:20 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Brand new to RV'ing life is a pretty big learning curve. Your dealer should do a VERY thorough walk through to show you how to use everything. Especially if you are not sure yourself.

1. Toilet will not work at all. The toilet is 12V. So breakers will do no good. You need to make sure the 12V disconnect by the steps is not off.

2. Rinsing out the black tank would not make the toilet work. Also be VERY careful when hooking up water. Too high of pressure can cause issues, so I recommend a pressure regulator to no more than 40psi. Also, the red/blue lines under the sink are not "vent lines" but likely supply lines. So maybe they were loose...but that also tells me you are not set to tank flush, but supply. Are you sure the black tank is filling???? What makes you think that?

3. TV's will not work on antenna??? Do you have the antenna power booster turned on? Did you can forOver the air channels?

4. DVD will not play. you mean not at all? Or not on the TV? Did you change the input of the TV to HDMI 1 or HDMI to the DVD source?

This might help as well. PS. don't get overly confused by this video. This is NOT an Isata 3...so you may not have some of the equipment. BUT, it does walk you through the over the air antenna and the booster switch.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 09:44 AM   #4

I opened the black tank and emptied about 3 gallons of water water each day for two days. I closed gray tank to verify.
The disconnect switch was on and still no power to toilet. I’ll watch the tv video and try again.

Thanks
Old 05-28-2019, 09:59 AM   #5

I am not sure about the toilet. He showed us the buttons and instructed us on its use but did not flush it.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:17 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooterbush View Post
I opened the black tank and emptied about 3 gallons of water water each day for two days. I closed gray tank to verify.
The disconnect switch was on and still no power to toilet. I’ll watch the tv video and try again.

Thanks
How are you identifying the black versus the gray tank? Black, as I recall is the tank to the rear. Gray is the front tank.

The bathroom sink does drain into the black along with the toilet to make sure it gets enough liquid. Shower and kitchen sink drain into the gray.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 06:56 PM   #7

I did not know about the bathroom sink. Thank you. The service department is working on the toilet issue. Fingers crossed.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:46 PM   #8

This is why I am going to get a high paying Part Time Job providing excellent PDI service and walk throughs in Florida when I retire in a couple of years. Dealers, need to hire people that actually have owned an RV to perform their PDI's. I will get an easy job that I like and bring happiness to many RVer's.
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 08:54 PM   #9

Sounds great. I know we have a lot to learn still. That's why we joined this group so we can educate ourselves.