Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2018, 05:35 PM   #1

Smile New Isata 3 Status Report

I have been reading a lot of negative stuff on this board about Dynamax, so I thought I would share my experience.

First off, I have only had the new motorhome since Thanksgiving and have just finished my second camping trip. 40 miles of freeway traffic (65 mph+) and wind gust to 20 mph, the motorhome drove really well and I had no handling problems. My previous MH was a 34ft Class A and it would have been all over the road in those conditions.

Second, when I received the MH everything was working and nothing was broken. Between Dynamax and the dealer they did a really good job putting it together and checking it out once it was delivered to the dealer.

There were two minor issues, battery box latch screws (too long), and a low hanging hose in the rear. Less than 5 minutes to fix each one.

The only downside was that because the MH is so nice looking I had to give 5 tours to people who were really impressed with the rig.
wrmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:05 AM   #2

There tends to be more neg then positive on the forum because this is were folks can vent their frustrations and ask for help with problems both major and minor. Glad you have had a good experience so far
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:59 AM   #3

Seadog has it right. It's rare that anyone comes on the forum to tell everyone they just finished a 2 week trip and everything worked.

But the other side of that is how the product improves. Design improvements, getting better suppliers, all can come from the squeaky wheel and discussion with the folks at Dynamax. Too bad other manufacturers don't interact with their customers, it would improve the whole industry.

But thanks for the post wrmc, it's good to hear your report.

Happy camping.

Dave
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:09 AM   #4

Great to hear a positive report. Curious:. Does your Isata 3 have factory installed Bilsteins in the rear?
Old 01-31-2018, 10:20 AM   #5

Mine does, we took delivery on 4 Dec.
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:23 PM   #6
AF CMSGT RET

I would have to add a great big applause to the isata 3 2018 I picked up at goshen Ind last june and drove directly of the lot and 6,000 miles later was home in Eagle River Alaska. Outside of the right hand wiring for the camera getting wrapped around the driveshaft 158 miles from dealer ship, not knowing where the fuel inlet was, 1st fuel stop ( red face), a valance over dinette falling down and a screw thru the hot water line to the shower ( all fixed by an RV dealer in Anchorage, not the (supposedly FR service dealer (ABC anchorage) and gladly taken care of cost by Brian in Elkhart (thanks) oh and the rear awning cap keeps disappearing. and owner stupidity about how these new fangle gadgets work. we have driven to tx and back with great luck. Every coach needs a shakeout trip on the ALCAN highway. Oh I did replace those "continental tires with a great set of Michelins 70 000 warranty and costcos fix warranty. I prefer michelins for the last 28 years of Alaska to alower 48 travel on my trucks and RVs NEVER a flat tire.! Impressive i think even on the "haul road to the North slope. AK to Key west and back.
Maybe Im a "glass half full" guy but we love our 2018 Isata 3
pickeljr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:20 PM   #7

I really don't see a lot of negative stuff on this forum. I see a lot of problems solved though. I have started keeping list (actually cut and paste) of all the ideas I have picked up hear and a lot of the information you get from Bclemens.
Go UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:07 PM   #8

Picked our Isata 3 up just before Christmas and are now on our second trip, the only issue other than pilot error with the Truma water heater is replacing a drawer slide that was broken...which we found on the pdi, Dynamax shipped the parts out to me and it was an easy fix. Really loving everything about our new Isata. Our old 2016 class A needed major repairs after every trip and sometimes before... getting 14 mpg pulling our little Jeep Patriot! What’s not to like about that!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7D58687E-58D3-4450-BE22-D42060AD17AB.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	338.2 KB
ID:	161380  
Greg-Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:31 PM   #9

RR
The shocks are blue, which i think means Bilsteins (?)
wrmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:46 PM   #10
Commercial Member

yellow and baby blue.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 06:25 PM   #11

Mine is heading out of the plant any day now and headed to the dealer. PUMPED!!!
Fireplaceman is offline   Reply With Quote