Old 10-06-2016, 10:30 AM   #121
GM

lol...trust me, I dish my fair share of abuse, so I fully expect things to go off the rails at any given moment.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 07:29 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Working with a dealer up there right now. We have had a request from a few Canadian dealers that want the Isata 5. As long as they commit to the chassis we order, we will look at ordering them in. I don't think I will do any 4x4's however...that just ends up being too many different chassis to balance.

It would be great customer service to supply whatever is preferred.
Wink wink. Nudge nudge.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Bring Back The Search!

Old 10-09-2016, 07:41 PM   #123

It is my understanding that if you add 4x4 capability, that reduces the OCCC significantly. Not to miss that thought in an already limited OCCC situation.

Of course some will say OCCC is irrelevant.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:36 PM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbear View Post
Host RV used to build a motorhome on the F550, 4x4, crew cab chassis. They replaced the bench seats with 4 captain chairs.
I have tried to get Host to build these on a RAM chassis. no luck.

Sent my idea to Dynamax and they don't want the main bed to be a cab over.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:59 PM   #125
GM

Not enough volume. It takes months to design and engineer a new floor plan, not to mention state approvals. The return on investment just isn't there for a floor plan like that.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 10-13-2016, 03:08 PM   #126

I understand that. I think you would sell more than you think. It would have great ccc and could tow a ton. In 4x4, I think it would be popular. How about nothing ventured, nothing gained?
Old 10-13-2016, 03:47 PM   #127
GM

lol...

14 years selling Class C's, working 20+ retail shows in each of those years, I've picked up one or two things over that time and I've made my fair share of mistakes. If we had good volume in all market segments and were looking to add incremental business, I think I could give it a shot. Unfortunately, we're still building our main segments and can't afford to spend the time on outliers.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:34 PM   #128

I get it. As I sit in my office it's nice to dream a little. Makes the day go by. Who knows, if I can't work a deal for a Host mammoth we may come back to the I5.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:09 PM   #129

zb39
Your instincts may be right on point. However, more mature businesses don't often take on an investment risk on what someone thinks, they let someone else in the market go first and sees what happens, unless they have clear evidence of a profitable hole they can fill. Even then, the success rate of new products is pretty low. We mostly hear about the success because the average person doesn't want to hear about failures.

If you sit down with a truck dealer like Dodge or Chevy, when they add things like 4x4, crew cab, etc, all of that individually eats ccc. That is what I discovered when I did the ccc comparisons.

Personally, I think the ccc is ignored by many first time buyers and then those buyers get stuck with a ccc that is lower than what they need.

I suspect if you get significant dollars into a RV, you tend not to want to take it into places where you can get stuck or damage it.

If you do want to, then it might be time to buy one of those 4x4s already out there, but that is a very specialized, custom product from what I have seen being offered.
Old 10-14-2016, 10:12 AM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philos3 View Post
zb39

I suspect if you get significant dollars into a RV, you tend not to want to take it into places where you can get stuck or damage it.
Heh I just had to chime in ... not true for everybody. This was my first trip out! Then again I do the same to the Jeep I bought brand new so I think there may just be something wrong with me.

Tags
class c, diesel