Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2016, 08:30 PM   #101

Brian your responses from the company are great and informative.

On the Isata 5 I saw both models at Mesa Autoplex? in Mesa Arizona last week. Also you and I had emailed prior about dealer in Denver area and the Lazy Days dealer in Longmont also has them on hand.

Question: Third floor plan update would be great. I would be looking for the entertainment center up front, washer dryer option?, arm rests on the captains chairs and final question/concern is the gray dash and door panels not matching the earth tone seats, flooring etc... will you be able to get say a tan/brown chassis cab colors?

4x4 option - has one been built and which floor plan and what did that do to the final CCC number...assume the 4x4 equipment reduces CCC. maybe a photo of the yellow sticker showing all final weights?

On 4x4 option, do you know what that does for ground clearance? The rear wheel drive one's I saw in Phoenix seemed pretty low for the dry camping/ATV campgrounds we go to now in our Class A F53 Gas. Thinking 4x4 may prompt increase in height.. If so, is the rear then lifted with blocks to match the front or airbags?

Gary
gdcoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 08:23 AM   #102
Commercial Member

Right now, our plans for a 3rd floor plan would be a 30' model to try and get a high CCC for those that need it.

Problem is, most people want tons of CCC, but then don't want to give up any options...and there has to be some compromise there.

The 4x4 was leaving about 1000 lbs of CCC. We're continuing to look at weight savings so I can see the CCC up in the 1500's.

As for cab...no chance. Too hard to juggle the cab colors with the interior colors. We have to commit to chassis 6 months in advance and we run a light (sand) which goes fine with the gray. Pebble (which also goes fine with the gray) and Espresso (which is the only true earth tone).

Ground clearance does not change on the 4x4 unless you want to add some air bags. We currently do not offer any suspension upgrade since it seems to drive great currently.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:29 AM   #103

1000lbs ccc

Before passengers, and any gear?

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Bring Back The Search!
Old 10-04-2016, 12:25 PM   #104
Commercial Member

Roughly, that pretty much fully loaded with all options. 4x4 adds several hundred lbs in weight. Again, yet another reason that we have not pursued a quad cab...which is several hundred lbs heavier yet.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:23 PM   #105

So, that's me, wife, kids, and dog.

Sorry guys, can't take any food..

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Bring Back The Search!
Old 10-04-2016, 02:38 PM   #106
Commercial Member

lol...pretty much sums up my life this past 15 years.

Customer "I need this, this, this, this, this, washer dryer, 4x4 this and this"
Mfg: I'd love to do all of that, but we have to watch CCC"
Customer: no one cares about CCC, these are like a gazillion ton weighted chassis
Mfg: Ok, here is what you wanted us to build
Customer: "well, I'd buy it...but there is no CCC left.
Mfg: we delete 20 things to save weight.
Customer: Why did you take out all the good stuff...I wanted this, this, this and this.

sigh.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:40 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
lol...pretty much sums up my life this past 15 years.

Customer "I need this, this, this, this, this, washer dryer, 4x4 this and this"
Mfg: I'd love to do all of that, but we have to watch CCC"
Customer: no one cares about CCC, these are like a gazillion ton weighted chassis
Mfg: Ok, here is what you wanted us to build
Customer: "well, I'd buy it...but there is no CCC left.
Mfg: we delete 20 things to save weight.
Customer: Why did you take out all the good stuff...I wanted this, this, this and this.

sigh.

Yup.

What's the problem?

Lol

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Bring Back The Search!
Old 10-04-2016, 03:44 PM   #108

My big picture rambling thoughts on this would be to focus on towing a truck, like a ram 3500 short bed single rear axle ram truck for storage and as a daily driver. The ride ability is great, I could get a crew cab for my Boxer, and it would allow me to substantially increase my storage capacity.

More experienced users than me have said that a lot of time they carried much more stuff than then really needed when they turned to downsizing their units. I know my tools could stay in the truck as well as a lot of stuff that really is not needed on a daily basis. It would also allow me to take along a collapsible water bag for boon docking, etc.

Alternatively, I might be willing to tow a small storage trailer and let the wife drive whatever car she wanted to the destination and as a scout car. Since my wife tends to get car sick when I drive and she is somewhat shy at this point, of driving a Class A, Truck with 5th, or Super C, creative solutions are in order, as long as they are workable. Hopefully she will adjust with some professional lessons.

If I was focused on full-timing, I doubt that a creative solution would work for us. Also there are just 2 of us plus a Boxer. We are planning a maximum of three months on the road at any one time.

The easy out is to go with a Force, of course. And yes I'm curious about the 30 footer as that might do for a couple.
Philos3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 03:55 PM   #109

As to recommendations, first start with what is the target market you are trying to reach? My guess is that the downsizing couples market should be on your list...that's me, for example.

Next is the viable storage options that are out there. I'm reluctant to make the unit do it all. Comparably, the class B's really seem best for short trips and couples with or without small pets. What are the storage towable truck/suv/car/jeep options since more than likely buyers will tow something behind them.

A 30 footer offers a real alternative to something like the Tiffin Breeze 32 footer and something like a class B.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:29 PM   #110

Target audience?
Might be my family.
Wife and I, with two kids under 4.
. Finding camping with our 42' fifth, somewhat challenging.
Finding spots that fit.

Wants.
Bunks
Diesel
Front engine

So that's either a force ( at 42')
Or the Isata 5.

Although... it might be near impossible to purchase one, because I live in Canada.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Bring Back The Search!
Old 10-04-2016, 05:17 PM   #111

I saw the pictures you presented earlier bclemens.

For my wife and I: 1) we would toss out the sofa and put in sofa recliners, then 2) modify the bunks for clothes and other storage. Tow a 4/4 2500 ram truck or rebel 1500 with some payload for additional storage, a crew cab for the Boxer at night, and this might work for us as a couple for a three month outing.

The key for me would be some sort of recliner solution and enough workable storage occc with a tow vehicle to add on some storage, even if I needed to rely on after market solutions. That is basically the hold back for me with a high end class B. The ram chassis and engine is a big draw if you get it right. The kitchen looked reasonably functional.

I would like to avoid the longer force if I can. We just don't need much more than 30 feet for a couple that is not full-timing. A used Breeze was a consideration to bring the budget in line as was a used Dynamax. Mobility, mobility, mobility.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:32 AM   #112
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
T
Although... it might be near impossible to purchase one, because I live in Canada.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Bring Back The Search!
Working with a dealer up there right now. We have had a request from a few Canadian dealers that want the Isata 5. As long as they commit to the chassis we order, we will look at ordering them in. I don't think I will do any 4x4's however...that just ends up being too many different chassis to balance.

Old 10-05-2016, 12:22 PM   #113

Any chance the 30 footer will have both a dinette and a couch?
Currently have a solera s and really want the w but wife wants more room and both a dinette and a couch. Just don't think I could handle driving anything much bigger
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:39 PM   #114
Commercial Member

Will try.

Old 10-05-2016, 12:51 PM   #115

what is the expected arrival date of the 30'r?
Explorer1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:17 PM   #116
Commercial Member

Probably not until summer 2017

Old 10-05-2016, 06:58 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Working with a dealer up there right now. We have had a request from a few Canadian dealers that want the Isata 5. As long as they commit to the chassis we order, we will look at ordering them in. I don't think I will do any 4x4's however...that just ends up being too many different chassis to balance.

Awwww.
Take the donut away from the fat kid.

4x4 or 4x2.
I count " 2" chassis?

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Bring Back The Search!
Old 10-05-2016, 08:04 PM   #118

Um donuts.

Like a shiny object, I lose focus quickly.

2016 Dynamax Force. Just-Rite2
Old 10-06-2016, 07:32 AM   #119
Commercial Member

Promaster chassis
Canadian Promaster chassis
Mercedes Sprinter
Canadian Mercedes Sprinter
Ford E450
Ram 5500 4x2
Ram 5500 4x4
Freightliner M2 106 28K
Freightliner M2 106 33k
Freightliner M2 112 33k

And now we may add a Canadian 5500...I think I'll just pick one. And just about all of these, we have to guess quantities 4-6 months out.

Old 10-06-2016, 08:59 AM   #120

Thanks for responding with more information bclemens.

Please forgive the "owners," for their funning with you...The season of being off the road is upon some of us.

Tags
class c, diesel