Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2016, 10:03 AM   #1

New owner Isata 5

Just purchased Isata 5 and looking forward to taking it out on the road. I have been reading various owner posts and have a couple of questions.

Are there instructions to relocate the toliet sensor higher on the black water tank to allow higher level in the tank?

Has anyone figured out how to wire the backup camera as a monitoring camera while driving?

Thanks much
Whalenss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 10:10 AM   #2

Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on your camper!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 07:32 AM   #3

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum. I'm looking for the same answers as you are. Maybe Brian can help answer your questions. Not sure if the answers to your questions have been posted yet.
Go Gators
Rrzasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 07:35 AM   #4

Welcome. Enjoy the new rv

2016 Dynamax Force. Just-Rite2
Old 11-15-2016, 08:39 AM   #5

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 02:45 PM   #6

Send a message via MSN to judy3972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalenss View Post
Just purchased Isata 5 and looking forward to taking it out on the road. I have been reading various owner posts and have a couple of questions.

Are there instructions to relocate the toliet sensor higher on the black water tank to allow higher level in the tank?

Has anyone figured out how to wire the backup camera as a monitoring camera while driving?

Thanks much
If anyone finds this out please let me know too.
We are used to being able to see our tow vehicle and really miss this in our DX3

Phoenix, Az.
judy3972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 05:34 PM   #7

For the DX3 you just have to ground the parking brake sensor wire. A quick google should tell you which wire that is (I cant remember) but it worked fine in me.

Not sure which radio is in the Isata but might be the same
Old 11-16-2016, 08:27 AM   #8
Commercial Member

Isata 5 is on the Ram 5500 chassis. They do not offer a radio delete so we had to use their UConnect radio. I love the radio...but the backup only works in reverse. I have called, emailed, sent carrier pigeon to the engineer's at FCA and while they answer the call, no one has given me a solution.

On the 1500 and maybe the Laramie...there is a "camera" app/button on the menu. You hit that and can take a look at any time. That button does not exist on the 5500 for some reason.

Their radio is ALL CAN bus, so its not as simple as grounding a reverse wire...the radio doesn't work that way.

In the meantime we are trying to utilize a separate rear monitor and side cameras. Again, same problem is getting a signal.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 12:00 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Congrats on the Isata 5. They are SWEET!!
Also unhappy rear camera is not on while driving in DX3, husband says he will miss that for passing, will show him your suggestions. Does grounding that wire change anything? If we are unsure how to do this will get back to y'all.
letsgorving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 12:04 PM   #10
Commercial Member

On the DX3 you can wire up a switch to ground...that one is much easier to do.

I think we have wired a few up for customers that were swinging by our plant. I'll see if we don't have some written instructions on that.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 12:06 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
That would be awesome THANK YOU!!!
letsgorving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 06:45 PM   #12

Send a message via MSN to judy3972
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
On the DX3 you can wire up a switch to ground...that one is much easier to do.

I think we have wired a few up for customers that were swinging by our plant. I'll see if we don't have some written instructions on that.
We would really like to have those instructions. As the kids say it's a bummer not to have the ability to see your tow vehicle.

Phoenix, Az.
judy3972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:03 PM   #13

Just looked back at my DX3 thread and it looks like it was the light green wire it took to ground. I didnt mess with a switch so the Sony head unit thinks the parking break is always on but there's not really any downside to that I've seen. Now I can swap to the rear camera whenever I want by hitting the display button.
Old 11-16-2016, 09:44 PM   #14

I used a monitor and just powered the camera from the radio switch and ran the rca up to the monitor. Now it works like a rear view without messing with the radio display. When I hit the turn signals it switches the view just like the radio did.

M7000P – 7-inch Monitor – Rydeen Mobile Electronics
Ryan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:49 PM   #15

I just realized it was on the ram chassis. Get in touch with these guys...they have what you need

CHRYSLER/DODGE/RAM RAX-JAILBREAK GOLD + PLUS | Customtronix
Ryan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Isata 5 is on the Ram 5500 chassis. They do not offer a radio delete so we had to use their UConnect radio. I love the radio...but the backup only works in reverse. I have called, emailed, sent carrier pigeon to the engineer's at FCA and while they answer the call, no one has given me a solution.

On the 1500 and maybe the Laramie...there is a "camera" app/button on the menu. You hit that and can take a look at any time. That button does not exist on the 5500 for some reason.

Their radio is ALL CAN bus, so its not as simple as grounding a reverse wire...the radio doesn't work that way.

In the meantime we are trying to utilize a separate rear monitor and side cameras. Again, same problem is getting a signal.
Thanks, will do research on Dodge forums.
Whalenss is offline   Reply With Quote