Old 04-15-2018, 08:10 AM   #1

No AM reception and poor FM reception Isata 3s

Brian,

I thought the issue with no AM & poor FM reception on the Isata 3 radio had been fixed.

This new owner reported it had not: Isata 3 Delivery + few questions

Has it been fixed? Can you fix it?

Thanks.

Dave

caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:32 AM   #2
GM

Isata 3 Delivery + few questions

See post #15.

I frankly am not aware of a specific antenna issue on the 9" Xite. I asked River Park what their guy meant and they did not know.

It could be a reception issue in general. But then I have always had antenna issues, back to the Sunseeker days. Cabovers, etc seem to play havoc.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:51 AM   #3

No AM and very weak FM is a classic symptom of a dead antenna. If you can, try disconnecting the antenna and see if it makes any difference at all.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Isata 3 Delivery + few questions

See post #15.

I frankly am not aware of a specific antenna issue on the 9" Xite. I asked River Park what their guy meant and they did not know.

It could be a reception issue in general. But then I have always had antenna issues, back to the Sunseeker days. Cabovers, etc seem to play havoc.
Hi Brian,
My Isata 3 was built last month and has a 6" screen. Are there also Isata 3's with a 9" screen? If so, is it possible that my 6" screen version can be replaced with a 9" screen (at extra cost of course)?
Old 04-16-2018, 01:36 PM   #5

In addition, there is a long thread here about the AM reception issue, but not sure which size screen.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:56 PM   #6
GM

They are not available with a 9" screen. We proto-typed two, but for various reasons we have decided not to push forward. You are welcome to reach out to River Park or Xite on your own however. They make a 9" screen designed for the Sprinter dash.

As for our reasons...
1. The brain for the 9" screen resides in a separate module that has to be installed where the change tray goes.
2. It made it pretty tight on the install and it was taking a decent amount of time.
3. We had already had our module designed to use the steering wheel controls on the 6" screen. The 9" was not quite ready yet and so caused some undue frustration.
4. While it may be resolved...Mercedes is changing the dash for the 2019 MY...which may obsolete that radio anyway. So we have decided to stick with a traditional double DIN at this time. For our 2019 MY it is a Kenwood with a capacitive 7" screen (6.9" if we have to be exact)
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 04-16-2018, 10:24 PM   #7

I guess I was confused. You mentioned the 9 inch screen in post 2. So all Isata 3s have the 6 inch screen?
Old 04-16-2018, 10:35 PM   #8
GM

The OP referenced a post saying the reception had been fixed in the 9” screen. I was saying I was not aware of an issue solely related to the 9” screen, if we had a reception issue i thought it was antenna related and not screen specific.

We did proto two 9” screens. So yes, all Isata’s have a 6” screen, barring the two we tested with the 9” XITE. And the 2019 MY that are 7” Kenwood’s.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:58 PM   #9

Installed a lot of aftermarket head units. When I looked at the wiring diagrams most had a wire labeled power antenna. At first I thought power antenna meant a power antenna that went up when you started the car/truck. I did not connect the wire because there was no power antenna. I never used the radio so I did not know, or care about reception. After installing a head unit in my daughters car she said the radio did not work. Did some research and found out power antenna meant that when connected to 12 volt it is a antenna booster. I connected the wire on her car to 12 volt ignition source and wa la all the AM and FM you could want.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb422 View Post
Installed a lot of aftermarket head units. When I looked at the wiring diagrams most had a wire labeled power antenna. At first I thought power antenna meant a power antenna that went up when you started the car/truck. I did not connect the wire because there was no power antenna. I never used the radio so I did not know, or care about reception. After installing a head unit in my daughters car she said the radio did not work. Did some research and found out power antenna meant that when connected to 12 volt it is a antenna booster. I connected the wire on her car to 12 volt ignition source and wa la all the AM and FM you could want.
Oh really! I will check that out tomorrow. I got my XITE removed from the dash but still connected & operational. However, the coach is inside a metal covered barn so it may not be a good test. If I remember tomorrow, I will toy with it.

Tags
reception