Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2018, 10:57 AM   #1

No Tail, Brake or Turn in rear 2018 Isata 3

This is the exact problem as mr300fc (Tail Light Fuse on Isata 3)had in Jan 2018. He found fuse under fuse block under driver's seat. I can't find said fuse. I did find a fuse under RV near rear, but it was good. Any ideas?
Old 08-17-2018, 02:54 PM   #2

Just a note, my fuse block under driver's seat has 4 fewer fuses than the one mr300fc posted a picture of. Where would I find the Hopkins controller and what would it look like? I looked on the Hopkins website and couldn't find anything, but I really didn't know what I was looking for. I suspect it has something to do with LED type lights.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:48 AM   #3

Found Fuse

As with others who have had this exact same problem, I found the fuse under the driver's seat. My fuse was in the fuse block. I had visually checked all the fuses in said block making the age old mistake of trusting what I saw. I've worked in electronics for over 50 years and still made the mistake of not using an ohmmeter. However, my research and troubleshooting taught me a lot about the electronics involving the RV's LED rear lights and properly wiring of my towed vehicle. I also joined this forum.
Old 08-19-2018, 09:18 PM   #4
2020 Isata 5 30FW 4x4

Picture

Can you post a picture as a reference for the rest of us?
Spike4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMarine View Post
As with others who have had this exact same problem, I found the fuse under the driver's seat. My fuse was in the fuse block. I had visually checked all the fuses in said block making the age old mistake of trusting what I saw. I've worked in electronics for over 50 years and still made the mistake of not using an ohmmeter. However, my research and troubleshooting taught me a lot about the electronics involving the RV's LED rear lights and properly wiring of my towed vehicle. I also joined this forum.
In the hope that mine is the same, do you recall which fuse it was? Thanks.
Seeking70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:14 PM   #6

No Tail, Brake or Turn in rear 2018 Isata 3 Resolved

See attachment pictures. My bad fuse was number 10 (the white 25 amp fuse in the pic) However, mr300fc bad fuse was in a separate fuse holder under driver's seat. We both have 2018 Isata 3 FW. Guess there is no standard. As for the fuse in the rear, mine is above the crossmember for the rear jacks (see photos). It is just in front of the Hopkins Controller, which was cable tied and hidden above the crossmember. This fuse was good. I did not remove it to see what it powers. The white pvc pipe is the storage for the sewer line (I guess). Hope this helps if you are having tail, brake and turn signal light problems
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mr300fc  Driver Seat Fuse.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	183862   Click image for larger version

Name:	Driver Seat Fuse Access.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	448.0 KB
ID:	183863   Click image for larger version

Name:	Driver Seat Fuse Block.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	294.1 KB
ID:	183864   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Lights Fuse Location.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	269.7 KB
ID:	183865   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Lights Fuse.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	294.2 KB
ID:	183866  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hopkins Controller Converter.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	256.0 KB
ID:	183867  
Old 08-20-2018, 04:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMarine View Post
See attachment pictures. My bad fuse was number 10 (the white 25 amp fuse in the pic) However, mr300fc bad fuse was in a separate fuse holder under driver's seat. We both have 2018 Isata 3 FW. Guess there is no standard. As for the fuse in the rear, mine is above the crossmember for the rear jacks (see photos). It is just in front of the Hopkins Controller, which was cable tied and hidden above the crossmember. This fuse was good. I did not remove it to see what it powers. The white pvc pipe is the storage for the sewer line (I guess). Hope this helps if you are having tail, brake and turn signal light problems
Thanks. On the bright side, I have the same fuse and under rig set up as you. Both fuses were good and all the wiring looks ok. We are driving it up to Maine to the nearest Dynamax dealer tomorrow. Hopefully it is a quick fix
Seeking70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 04:32 PM   #8

Hope it's not that Hopkins Controller. The part without labor is $68.76 on Amazon. For your consideration, while I was troubleshooting, I jumpered 12V to the circuit to find my problem. Even though your fuses are good, have you checked that you have voltage at points along the way? Just food for thought.