Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2017, 12:41 PM   #1

Noob questions about Force HD

Hey all, I've tried searching but have a few questions that I'm sure have been asked prior to me - so sorry in advance this was a new-to-me rig so please bear with me. I'm very mechanical and will only need to ask once - usually haha.

Is there a detailed wiring diagram for batteries and whatnot? There's a very thorough file box that came with the rig but nothing in detail nor the USB drive I'm hearing about on here.

Is the coach fitted with trailerbrake wiring?

The plug under the step is the block heater I think?

The air in the battery compartment is 3/8 NPT from the looks and should have enough to run impact and air up tires with motor running?

Can't get the keypad to reset or find out how from my dealer or if there was a previous code installed. Shocker there, after the check is cut they bailed.

Anyone out there find a way to get more power? I'm looking to do a water methanol injection and put exhaust on her.

Thanks guys and sorry for the loooooong question list.
Keys-Tahoe TNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:36 PM   #2

I beleive that the trailer brake wiring is coiled up and sitting on top of the drivers side fuel tank. Seems I read that here and saw it the other day.

Yes for block heater. I would think yes motor running for air tools.

Freightliner can reprogram engine for more power.

I have the Bauer keyless entry. Reset instructions are out there. Mine hasn't worked yet.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:36 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonstroker View Post
I beleive that the trailer brake wiring is coiled up and sitting on top of the drivers side fuel tank. Seems I read that here and saw it the other day.

Yes for block heater. I would think yes motor running for air tools.

Freightliner can reprogram engine for more power.

I have the Bauer keyless entry. Reset instructions are out there. Mine hasn't worked yet.

Thank you sir! Tried Cummins in Reno and they said no tunes available but new pistons, injectors and turbo would bring more power. No thanks.
Old 10-16-2017, 03:38 PM   #4
Commercial Member

What years is the unit? I made the Prodigy 3 standard about a year back I think.

We are working on wiring diagrams that we would release to the public.

Keypad instructions are here. I think there are two versions...one is a bell looking thing and the other is an asterisk. Same process if I recall.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Entry Door Keyless Entry HD008-HW-Instruction.pdf (1.44 MB, 22 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:41 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
What years is the unit? I made the Prodigy 3 standard about a year back I think.

We are working on wiring diagrams that we would release to the public.

Keypad instructions are here. I think there are two versions...one is a bell looking thing and the other is an asterisk. Same process if I recall.

Thanks Brian, the rig is a 2016 Force HD in regards to the brake controller.

That would be great, would love to see how it’s all wired

Mine turns out to be a Bauer, got it working thanks.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:55 AM   #6
Commercial Member

2016, we were not doing the USB drives yet, nor was the brake controller standard.

Old 10-25-2017, 02:51 PM   #7

Quote:
2016, we were not doing the USB drives yet, nor was the brake controller standard.
Gotcha thanks. Is the USB drive on the '17 the same wiring as the '16? I sure would like to get my paws on something that shows an idea of how it is wired.

The plug looks like it's wired, but there was no brake controller when I purchased; is the plug wired for lights at least? I can tie in a dirclink to the M2 but may need to tow before I get round to that.

This is a new-to-me coach btw so I'm learning on the fly. Thanks again
Old 10-25-2017, 03:12 PM   #8
Commercial Member

no wiring on that. Just owners manuals and those are available in the app as well.

We prewired for brake controller, but coiled them up on top of the driver side fuel tank. So if someone else did something there, we would have no idea what.

Old 10-25-2017, 03:36 PM   #9

Quote:
no wiring on that. Just owners manuals and those are available in the app as well.

We prewired for brake controller, but coiled them up on top of the driver side fuel tank. So if someone else did something there, we would have no idea what.
Bummer about the wiring, any direction you can provide? I've got the manuals, but they aren't too detailed.

That's what it looks like, don't think anyone did anything after you.