Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2018, 04:11 AM   #1

OEM Shock Part No 2018 Dynamax XL?

Anyone have the stock OEM Part Numbers for Front Shocks on 2018 Dynamax XL?

Also the rear shock part number as well if you have it available, thanks, Cole
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:19 PM   #2

Brian, Dynamax doesn't even know?
Old 07-16-2018, 08:08 AM   #3
Commercial Member

They are sach's shocks. I can find out, but I was traveling all weekend. Imagine Dragons concert and then a swim meet for my son in Holland, MI.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:27 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Front, 10-13809-000
Rear, 16-18708-000

Old 07-16-2018, 08:39 AM   #5

Thank you kindly, gotta get the beast under control...thanks again..
Old 07-18-2018, 03:09 AM   #6

Having four new Roadking Shocks built for the XL..stock Sachs Shocks suk you can buy them less than $50 online...why Freightliner would put a $50 shock on heavy duty truck shows their true cheap colors...why Dynamax would then add 15,000 lbs of weight on to it and expect it to drive and ride correctly is beyond me...common sense is not so common anymore...just sayin'
RoadKing Shocks - Taking Advanced Ride Control Technology To The Limit - RoadKing Shocks LLC
Old 07-18-2018, 07:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Having four new Roadking Shocks built for the XL..stock Sachs Shocks suk you can buy them less than $50 online...why Freightliner would put a $50 shock on heavy duty truck shows their true cheap colors...why Dynamax would then add 15,000 lbs of weight on to it and expect it to drive and ride correctly is beyond me...common sense is not so common anymore...just sayin'
RoadKing Shocks - Taking Advanced Ride Control Technology To The Limit - RoadKing Shocks LLC
I think my DX3 has Bilsteins on it, maybe thats not part of the package on the XL?

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:06 AM   #8
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
I think my DX3 has Bilsteins on it, maybe thats not part of the package on the XL?
Correct. They don't make a shock for that mounting gap, I'll have to ask why.

Well, that was quick.

The M2-112 is a much longer shock and Bilstein does not make a 60mm shock tube that is long enough to build them.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:45 AM   #9

Cole, let me know how it works out and info too please, I’ll be interested.
mike_soca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:06 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_soca View Post
Cole, let me know how it works out and info too please, I’ll be interested.
Will do Mike, 8 weeks build time...so not exactly a fast fix, but they will be worth it just for safety and keep from tearing up the RV...

Freightliner could be honest and up front and tell folks they put the cheapest *****e they could find on the M2 112, but of course that would be honest...

and Dynamax's Legendary Attention to Details...

Old 07-18-2018, 10:18 AM   #11
Commercial Member

That's certainly a "legendary" stare at those fabrics. No one can argue with that. He's looking into the very detailed SOUL of that polyester.

I see nothing wrong with what is printed, nor would I disagree with anything that is said. It does not say "built to be perfect".

Old 07-18-2018, 10:30 AM   #12

We'll have to agree to disagree there Brian, too many details overlooked on my XL for a $265,000 unit...while I appreciate the catch phrase, it's just not true...I never posted a HUGE run in the paint on my Legendary Detailed XL and some other items, I.E. buffing compound all over it to include the sealant for the tile grout that was left to dry on the tile making it look like crap as well...
I don't make a huge issue out of the cosmetic items, but mechanically sound is extremely important to me and safe to drive, this XL jounces and bounces so hard at time I have to get on the brakes quickly to get the speed down...hopefully $1650 worth of shocks will have me on the way to having a safer unit that is safe to drive and won't wear out my tow bar from being levered so much...the another $1000 or so to rebalance driveshafts and correct the vibration issue then another few hundred to stop the hood vibration so it won't start causing stress cracks in the fiberglas hood...

Yes sir, thats legendary attention to detail...not...
Old 07-18-2018, 10:41 AM   #13
Commercial Member

"From the day the Dynamax brand originated, a progressive vision has set these prestigious vehicles apart." I may be biased, but I think most would agree that without logo's, you could pick ours out in a lineup.

Built to perform at a higher standard of excellence that goes beyond what meets the eye. I have our guys vacuum and blow out the coach at no less than (4) points of construction to try and eliminate the construction debris that is almost inevitable. (even hidden locations). We also use a higher grade of wall material AND higher density block foam that provides better insulation and better walls to apply superior paint.

Dynamax is driven by an unending pursuit for precision and quality inside and out. We meet weekly to discuss what we can improve and I am on here daily to not only support the product we have, but also improve the product we build tomorrow. In the shower this morning, I was thinking about how we could build the cab over bunk base better, but lighter. I think that is pretty "unending". Everyone here may groan a bit...but we change something almost daily. Whether it is adding product videos to better support the consumer experience, adding supplier contact lists, "how to's and tips", changing from 1x2 to 2x2 to keep a build consistent and easier for the line to build. Adding things like an HDMI matrix. We don't wait for model change...if we can build it better, we start tomorrow.

Over the years, legendary product integrity and customer loyalty have combined to build a powerful brand. We have large number of repeat customers. Several on this forum right here.

Start with a solidly engineered OEM cab chassis platform and concentrate on building a cohesively engineered muscle car style coach on it. We start with the chassis...we don't build the chassis. And just like a bed...certain people have different expectations when it comes to softness of a mattress and firmness of ride. We upgrade the M2-106 to Bilstein shocks. BUT, people wanted more horse power and more torque...so we offer the M2-112. We would put the Bilsteins on that if they built it. We may look at other shocks...but frankly, prior to your post I don't think I have heard any complaints about the ride quality of the Xl...in fact quite the contrary. It normally gets good reviews.

At Dynamax there are no corners to cut – only curves. This might be the only gray area. This was a play on words as we used to have curved sidewalls. We stopped doing that because, while the outside looked cool. People wanted larger cabinets "like the Class A they were looking at" and inside it can feel a little cramped. But that is just the "curve" part. We do not cut corners. Unless its a mitered corner.

Dynamax delivers with eye catching paint schemes (For sure), and styling that flows with the OEM body lines. "We hand tape many stripes that cross body lines or contours so that we line up perfect each time" We do not leave it up to the mask to be properly sized

The resulting product is visually appealing (I agree with that) and structurally solid (also that), with aerodynamic properties that improve maneuverability for a better driving experience. (Also agree that the aerodynamics improve overall experience. But if you want the cab over bunk, we offer that due to demand)

DESIGNED WITH LEGENDARY ATTENTION TO DETAIL.

Legendary according to dictionary.
1. of, described in, or based on legends. (I have a shirt that loosely falls in this category) Synonym, Glorious.
2. remarkable enough to be famous; well known. I would say we are pretty well known for our paint and the detail therein. As well as the interior. While not super frilly or ornate...we try and make it very functional and appealing.

Old 07-18-2018, 10:47 AM   #14
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
I never posted a HUGE run in the paint on my Legendary Detailed XL and some other items, I.E. buffing compound all over it to include the sealant for the tile grout that was left to dry on the tile making it look like crap as well...
I would gladly look at a picture of the run and I think I even suggested you post it here publicly so we know how bad it was so we could correct it. I have never shied away from negative criticism. To the contrary, I think we should face it head on.

Old 07-18-2018, 10:59 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I would gladly look at a picture of the run and I think I even suggested you post it here publicly so we know how bad it was so we could correct it. I have never shied away from negative criticism. To the contrary, I think we should face it head on.
And I would glady accept for Dynamax to repair the excessive vibrations in my unit f/ 50 to 65 mph, and the jouncing and bouncing...as well as the vibrating fiberglass hood...but I can see the buck was passed to amateurs and now the professional owner is left to repair it...and that I will with full documentation to point out the amateurs lack of knowledge and integrity...

It would be very interesting however to weigh the XL front and rear and then measure wheelbase, then go back to the "solid engineers" at Freightliner and ask them to make a shock and suspension recommendation for maximum stability and drivability...

There's one thing for sure, you can't buy the bottom line unit that Freightliner offers and expect it to be top of the line quality...and thats what's happened here...

Most folks don't realize and of course Dynamax wouldn't want them to know that you all pay probably less than $80,000 for these units when you buy them and even less for the M2 106 unit...I would be VERY surprised if you even paid that...Probably $70,000 for M2 112 and $50,000 for M2 106....
Old 07-18-2018, 11:21 AM   #16
Commercial Member

Have we denied any repairs to the chassis? Are you even back state side? I would like to think that "Freightliner" has professionals that can assess the drive issue.

Sir, with all due respect, this thread had gone off the rails. I'm not sure what makes you think that the M2-106 or the M2-112 that we buy is the bottom line unit???

I will wager you $10,000 right now...if you will allow a member here to hold the money (I will gladly do that), that we pay MORE than $80,000 for the M2-112. I will print off an invoice and give it to the person holding the money. They can then keep 10% to the total and return the rest to the winner of that wager.

And if you can buy a brand new M2-106, spec'd the way we spec it from Freightliner for $50k, I'll take all that you can get and give you $1000 each one as commission.

Old 07-18-2018, 11:33 AM   #17
Commercial Member

While I can't tell you how much it weighs loaded...as loading the vehicle is on you. I can tell you when it left here, the front was 9771 and the rear was 16,569.

From your "professional" experience, if you want to take a look at the M2-112 specs, feel free to let me know how you would have spec'd it out so that it was not bottom of the line. I will gladly price it up and/or compare it to our existing spec. Maybe there is something missing that we should have spec'd in, that we don't.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:23 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Have we denied any repairs to the chassis? Are you even back state side? I would like to think that "Freightliner" has professionals that can assess the drive issue.

Sir, with all due respect, this thread had gone off the rails. I'm not sure what makes you think that the M2-106 or the M2-112 that we buy is the bottom line unit???

I will wager you $10,000 right now...if you will allow a member here to hold the money (I will gladly do that), that we pay MORE than $80,000 for the M2-112. I will print off an invoice and give it to the person holding the money. They can then keep 10% to the total and return the rest to the winner of that wager.

And if you can buy a brand new M2-106, spec'd the way we spec it from Freightliner for $50k, I'll take all that you can get and give you $1000 each one as commission.
OK fair enough, but they cost much less than a 100k, most folks think they cost over 100k, but it's just not true...would be interesting to see those invoices though for the 106 and the 112...
Old 07-18-2018, 03:37 PM   #19
Commercial Member

I can also assure you they don't cost "much" less than $100k. What we pay is sort of irrelevant as well, in that we don't mark up the chassis when we build on it. We do what we call "pass through". We have to mark up the up-fit portion, because that covers overhead, labor, etc. For a chassis, we don't really have labor. So while we add some money to cover our handling costs, interest, fuel, etc....there is not a big mark up. Basically, with the volume we buy, we get a deal (I would hope) and by the time we add back handling costs, the chassis ends up costing you, about the same price you would pay if you bought it from a dealer yourself.

So if you want to know what an M2-106 costs, have a local dealer spec one out and quote it. I'd bet we're within a few % points of your price. We have to buy from a dealer, just like you would.

Old 07-18-2018, 10:09 PM   #20

I am growing extremely weary of this. What are you trying to prove LTZ470? I feel sorry for your problems with your rig. However continually trying to knock Dynamax is tiring. Quite honestly I don’t care what they pay for the chassis, I took the decision to buy my motorhome based on the price for the whole thing and if I thought it was too high then shame on me for buying it. I have had problems with my rig, only minor thank heavens, but I have found Brian and his team to be extremely helpful. A lot more than many products I’ve bought and had problems with. I understand you feel let down but making everyone else think they’ve bought a dog too won’t help your case.
Motorhome1 is offline   Reply With Quote