Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2017, 09:00 PM   #21

Congratulations! You ordered the EXACT configuration that I have even to the color. Get ready for the admiring comments from all you contact. I got lucky and found mine on the lot.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:04 PM   #22

You lucky dog! We couldn't find ANY DX3's in stock within 800 miles in any direction. looks like you've had yours for just under a month, how is it so far? Any issues?

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:11 PM   #23

I drove 1200 miles to pick it up. It was worth it!
I've had some nit picken issues, nothing serious. The baffles in the AC were out of position causing lack of air. Fixed the front one myself last week. Waiting for the AZ temperatures to cool a bit before I do the second one. None of my issues were a Dynamax problem. All third party stuff. The dealer fixed all identified issues before I left their premises.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:25 PM   #24

Does yours have the standard "in-motion" satellite system or the optional 3 LNB system?

I'm curious to know how the standard in-motion system works. Does it maintain a good signal while moving, how about when stationary?

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
Old 09-05-2017, 08:10 AM   #25
Commercial Member

We already do 3m Diamond Shield on the front with all full body paint units.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:46 AM   #26

In motion works surprisingly well. Only problems we've had with tracking were on windy mountain/canyon routes with lots of direction changes. To be honest wasn't terribly surprised.

The in motion dish is a little noisy. Its got a routine to calibrate/seek out the proper orientation that while moving is not even noticable, but once parked can definitely be heard. It seems to have to adjust when changing channels so you'll probably want to leave it on while watching, but make sure to turn it off when you go to bed (very annoying!) Every 15 min or so it tweaks to make sure its at the optimal angle. I'll turn it off sometimes when watching a movie or something because once its oriented, the dish doesnt need power.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:33 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
Does yours have the standard "in-motion" satellite system or the optional 3 LNB system?
I have the standard in-motion system. We never watch while traveling.
We have DTV at home. In the past we always brought one of the home receivers to the RV. For the DX3 we had a local shop close to the dealer install another DTV RX that is permanently installed. At only $7/month it made sense for us. The only disadvantage is that it is only SD. I would need the 3 LNB antenna for HD. Not worth it for us.

A question for the forum would be how difficult would it be to replace the standard in-motion antenna to the 3 LNB antenna. It would be nice to know the options.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:35 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We already do 3m Diamond Shield on the front with all full body paint units.

I've damaged my coating on the bumper. Is the 3M diamond shield available through auto repair shops? Can it be repaired or removed and replaced?
dlfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:40 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Randy View Post
Hi everyone, new member here. Dee and I are about to order a new 2018 DX3 37TS. We live in Colorado and are moving up from a class A to the DX3 primarily to get the improved towing & braking performance because we tow a 27' race car & enclosed trailer. Not to mention the king bed and the FRED configuration just feels safer!

There are a couple of options I am commiserating over. Looking for any experience, advice or feedback that can help me decide.

There is the "all electric option" that gives you the inductive cook top and gives you a diesel burning furnace/water heater versus propane. At first I was enthusiastic about this option because it gives you an extra outdoor storage cabinet because the LP tank goes away, and you never have to worry about running out of propane, etc. But, reading online, I see that the diesel version of heater requires annual service (fuel filter, fuel nozzle, etc) and just the parts kit is $250. I do my own winterizing and its doesn't look to be too complicated, so no issue with doing the work myself. The propane version does not require the annual service, just check the anti freeze level.

Understanding this furnace/water heater also heats the utility bays to keep them from freezing, the only real benefit I see is if you are doing extended driving/camping during the winter and want to keep the utility bays heated for extended periods without worry of running out of propane.

I'm not sure if there is any cost benefit since the 400D burns 1/3 of a gallon of diesel per hour, plus you have the annual service cost. I like the idea of having an extra storage bay but this is a $2000 option. The wife has no issues with either the induction cook top or the gas cook top.

Thoughts? Any experience with these units? Pro's or con's of either?

The TV/fireplace option we want goes in place of a "comfort lounge" and we are also getting theater seats. I'm assuming these choices eliminate any "hide-a-beds" that may have existed (?) and if so the only guest sleeping accommodations left would be the dinette? The dinette looks like it would only be large enough to accommodate kids or very small adults. Thus were considering the cab over bunk option. I don't like the exterior look of the COB option but we may need the sleeping/storage space. Any thoughts on this?

There have been a lot of issues with other RV brands regarding the reliability of the slide mechanisms they use, (stripped gears, slides won't open or close, etc) both the quantity and design of slides. Other manufacturers have gone from 2 mechanisms to 3 on their larger slide out rooms. Anyone know what the DX3 uses and is anyone having any type of slide out problem?

What are your overall experiences and opinions of the DX3's and Dynamax products in general? They look like very high quality units, appear to have excellent customer service support. Were really excited to make our final choices and place the order, but I'm an engineer and can't avoid worrying over every little detail to make sure we get it right the first time.

Thanks!

The all electric version is one of the main reasons I want a new DX3. We have an induction hot plate and use it almost exclusively. Propane burners heat up the motorhome too much. Also like not having to find propane refill.
dlfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:51 PM   #30
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfishing View Post
I've damaged my coating on the bumper. Is the 3M diamond shield available through auto repair shops? Can it be repaired or removed and replaced?
Not sure if it can be repaired. It can be removed and replaced. I'll see if I can get more data from them

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:45 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskeans View Post
I have the standard in-motion system. We never watch while traveling.
We have DTV at home. In the past we always brought one of the home receivers to the RV. For the DX3 we had a local shop close to the dealer install another DTV RX that is permanently installed. At only $7/month it made sense for us. The only disadvantage is that it is only SD. I would need the 3 LNB antenna for HD. Not worth it for us.

A question for the forum would be how difficult would it be to replace the standard in-motion antenna to the 3 LNB antenna. It would be nice to know the options.
The in-motion unit is an enclosed dome. The 3 LNB unit is an open dish that folds down automatically when it is stowed. You would probably have to remove some of the ceiling cover to access the backside of the mounting bolts unless they use blind nuts for the original install. Even if they did, I doubt the foot print/bolt pattern of the new base matches the original one. As long as you can access the bolts to unmounts/remount the units it shouldn't be too bad, unless the new base plate is smaller than the original and doesn't cover the hole. It can probably be re-sealed though.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
Old 09-05-2017, 02:48 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
In motion works surprisingly well. Only problems we've had with tracking were on windy mountain/canyon routes with lots of direction changes. To be honest wasn't terribly surprised.

The in motion dish is a little noisy. Its got a routine to calibrate/seek out the proper orientation that while moving is not even noticable, but once parked can definitely be heard. It seems to have to adjust when changing channels so you'll probably want to leave it on while watching, but make sure to turn it off when you go to bed (very annoying!) Every 15 min or so it tweaks to make sure its at the optimal angle. I'll turn it off sometimes when watching a movie or something because once its oriented, the dish doesnt need power.
Makes sense. Good tip on shutting it off once its locked in when stationary.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
Old 09-05-2017, 04:08 PM   #33

If anyone rips off their in motion... let me know!
Old 09-06-2017, 01:18 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Not sure if it can be repaired. It can be removed and replaced. I'll see if I can get more data from them

Dealer is replacing the hood piece on mine...peeling up on both front corners.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4426.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	150745
Jammer151 is offline   Reply With Quote