Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2017, 07:04 PM   #1

Our DX3 36FK being built... here's what it looks like

As our DX3 36FK nears completion, I finally got around to posting the build pictures. We should be taking delivery of our DX3 in late January or February.

I need to acknowledge Joe Eash, at Dynamax, who really went out of his way to photographically archive our new rig as it transformed from truck to coach. And to CSWVK who showed me his build photos and his own 36FK after we had already ordered ours. CSWVK pointed me towards Joe. Thanks to both!

Forest River Forums - Happyatrest's Album: Our 2018 DX3 36FK build - Picture

See you in Tennessee!
Old 12-31-2017, 07:15 PM   #2
Site Team

That is VERY interesting! Thanks for posting.
Now you have a pic showing the location of the black tank flush system vacuum breaker. Many owners have to snoop them out using sound, etc.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 08:46 PM   #3

Nice Album & YES Joe Eash is a great asset for DYNAMAX. Hope to see him at the rally in TN at
Anchors down.It will be the best get DYNAMAX togather in 2018, can't wait to meet everyone and enjoy our DYNAMAX family. Keep us posted on delivery🇺🇸
CSWVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 09:19 PM   #4

Oops link not correct
Old 01-02-2018, 02:43 PM   #5

How do they keep the overs pray off the other rigs in the shop.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:56 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb422 View Post
How do they keep the overs pray off the other rigs in the shop.
We use a paint booth.

http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/Videos.aspx#video

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 04:44 PM   #7

Very nice! In photo 15 of 48 it looks like there are access hatch doors open that would be under the bed once it is installed. Is that correct? If so, what are those used to access once the build is complete?

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:30 PM   #8

These are the first pictures I have seen of the build process for the Dynamax. I have a 2016 Dynamax Force and these motor homes are not cheap to purchase. However, after looking at these build pictures I was really disappointed to see the messy wiring and plumbing that exists in these coaches and what appears from the pictures to be really inferior bracing and materials in the internal walls and cabinetry. It appears the electricians and plumbers don't take much pride in their work. Hopefully the pictures are misleading and don't tell the story of the quality that we all assume is in these motor homes when we purchase them. Again, from the pictures it does not appear to be the same quality build process we see at a places like Winnebago, Newmar or Tiffin. Hopefully my impression is wrong and Dynamax can assure us that there build process is of the highest quality and can point to where there build processes are equal to or exceed other quality builders of motor homes.
DQskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:33 PM   #9

Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We use a paint booth.

Videos by Dynamax
In one of the photos it looked like the painter was spraying the front of the MH with another MH directly behind it.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 07:54 PM   #10

Looks REALLY NICE. I guess we will get to see the finished product in June
Old 01-02-2018, 08:41 PM   #11

We were at the DYNAMAX factory for a tour and were very impressed with the build process. The employees we met were professionals and took pride in building our coaches. The facility was clean, very organized and employees were working very hard to produce the quality product we purchase. The support from the factory people is way above the rest of the RV industry. After almost one year and 12,000 miles we are very satisfied with our 2018 DX3 36FK
Old 01-02-2018, 08:42 PM   #12

We also have a build album in our profile if anyone would like to review it
Old 01-02-2018, 09:05 PM   #13

Very nice rig, I like a coach built on a big, solid chassis. What do you have planned for a TOAD, a Chevy Suburban?

Seriously though, I'm jealous and makes me dream of an upgrade. Looking forward to seeing the final product.
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:13 PM   #14

Stop by at the rally and take a look! Some of the evolutionary changes that BClemons talked about should be in our new coach.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:20 PM   #15

[QUOTE=DavidBo;1698925]Very nice rig, I like a coach built on a big, solid chassis. What do you have planned for a TOAD, a Chevy Suburban?

A toad? What toad? We're pulling a FedEx trailer with us across country. We can use the boost to our retirement fund. /S
Old 01-02-2018, 09:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQskier View Post
These are the first pictures I have seen of the build process for the Dynamax. [SNIP] Again, from the pictures it does not appear to be the same quality build process we see at a places like Winnebago, Newmar or Tiffin. Hopefully my impression is wrong and Dynamax can assure us that there build process is of the highest quality and can point to where there build processes are equal to or exceed other quality builders of motor homes.[SNIP]
I can't speak of other MH builders as this is our first MH. But I have had many slide in campers prior to this DX3. Never have I had a manufacturer willing to provide me pictures of my camper as it passed down the assembly line. Never. I did tour the Lance Camper facility in Palmdale, CA and it looked a lot like these pictures (Lance makes an outstanding product and Lance's are not cheap!).
I am just pointing out that I have never had a company executive take time out of his day(s) to memorialize a customers product with unstaged build photos. Will their final product meet my wife's expectations? I sure hope so. But I feel that if they are willing to photograph their production line for me then they will be willing to do whatever it takes to keep us happy. In fact, I am betting on it.

Old 01-02-2018, 10:17 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyatrest View Post
A toad? What toad? We're pulling a FedEx trailer with us across country. We can use the boost to our retirement fund. /S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyatrest View Post
Will their final product meet my wife's expectations? I sure hope so. But I feel that if they are willing to photograph their production line for me then they will be willing to do whatever it takes to keep us happy. In fact, I am betting on it.
A multi-tasker AND a member of the Happy Wife, Happy Life club?
This guy gets it!
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:13 PM   #18

A suggestion, when you go to take delivery on your new DX take some time and look under the couch, refrigerator, dinette cushions and if you want to be really thorough take off some of the flimsy backings that hide the plumbing fixtures under the sinks etc and see what you find. On our 2016 Dynamax Force we found copious amounts of saw dust that no one bothered to vacuum away or clean up, pieces of plastic tie straps that no one bothered to clean up and wires that were just hanging lose. Based on the pictures that were posted the wall material on the 2018 DX is the same as on our 2016 Force. This material is so thin that an anchor bolt for the strap to keep the sliding door between the bedroom and bathroom open during travel pulled completely out of the wall while driving down the highway. The dinette cushions were so poorly constructed that when sitting on them you literally fell into a hole. I had them reconstructed at a auto upholstery place. The inverter is undersized therefore it only supplies 110 power to one outlet in the galley, none in the bathroom and the bedroom has no 110 outlet on any wall. The surge protector that came with the coach was totally inadequate and I had to have another one installed. I could go on. Previously we owned a Class A 2009 Monaco Camelot. The quality of material and workmanship in the Dynamax doesn't even begin to compare with the Camelot. The two main things Dynamax has going for it is their outstanding paint job and an absolutely outstanding truck chassis on which it is building their motor homes. However, quality of materials and workmanship is sorely lacking from my experience with quality Class A motor homes. However, I still really like my Force, I knew up front I was going to give up quality but that was OK. I wanted something smaller and and easier to maneuver.
DQskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:25 PM   #19

--This material is so thin that an anchor bolt for the strap to keep the sliding door between the bedroom and bathroom open during travel pulled completely out of the wall while driving down the highway.--
Same thing happened to me only it was from the wash basin to living room door. And I was only going 1/2 mile down the road from the dealer to get some fuel before heading home. Dealer did a repair since I hadn't really left their property to go home.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:42 PM   #20

Joe is the best. He helped us with our new 2018 DX3 37ts. I have to say after owning a previous Dynamax Trilogy 5th wheel 2012-2013 there is a difference since Forest River took over. Much cheaper window coverings, furniture etc. We love our RV but are disappointed in the quality of workmanship. I wish Dynamax would have stayed on their own. But again Joe is so helpful and is a huge asset to Dynamax.
tdemeyer1 is offline   Reply With Quote