Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2019, 10:05 AM   #21
Don

Kindness

Thanks for the kind words Phillyg ! Much appreciated.
2011George.360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:53 PM   #22

Man that is bad. My lazy boy look alike, purchase in 1980 still looks almost new.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 02:35 PM   #23

Just so you know, Dynamax parts just got back to me with a price per seat for the peeling seats. Over $300 each and that is with me doing the recovering. And the original color is no longer available. I'll let you know how it all turns out.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:41 PM   #24
Commercial Member

Looking into this...

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 10:09 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonstroker View Post
Just so you know, Dynamax parts just got back to me with a price per seat for the peeling seats. Over $300 each and that is with me doing the recovering. And the original color is no longer available. I'll let you know how it all turns out.
Is that with the new 10 year material? My 2016 is starting to show issues and it has been stored in a garage since new.
KAT-A-TONIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 11:44 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-A-TONIC View Post
Is that with the new 10 year material? My 2016 is starting to show issues and it has been stored in a garage since new.
Not sure of the material I'm guessing yes. On another note, the price quoted by parts was incorrect it should have been at cost. So the new quote is less than half of the original quote, the prices are seat specific.
Old 02-18-2020, 11:46 AM   #27
Commercial Member

We will typically quote the stuff we use today which is 10 year.

I am talking to two vendors to offer other materials for even older coaches or out of warranty stuff...even if just to flip/refresh furniture. Hope to have more of a menu style to keep things simple.

Old 02-18-2020, 01:06 PM   #28

Look most seats are made by flexsteel, These coaches are not like a car being driven like a car. I even bet your living rooms hold up better and are used the most. They just put out junk and expect you to put up with this junk.Then company's want to sell you at a reduced price for fix and want you to pay to install it. Sounds like a joke to me and we take it. My 2007 Georgetown 2007 fell apart in 2 years put seat covers on which as held up better then the original seats. What is the answer I don't really know but you pay big money and get garbage for seats. IMO.
cfo111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 01:19 PM   #29
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo111 View Post
Look most seats are made by flexsteel, These coaches are not like a car being driven like a car. I even bet your living rooms hold up better and are used the most. They just put out junk and expect you to put up with this junk.Then company's want to sell you at a reduced price for fix and want you to pay to install it. Sounds like a joke to me and we take it. My 2007 Georgetown 2007 fell apart in 2 years put seat covers on which as held up better then the original seats. What is the answer I don't really know but you pay big money and get garbage for seats. IMO.
That's actually not accurate. Flexsteel builds "some" seats, certainly not "most". The issue affected all OEM's that used fabric during a certain time frame. Tiffin, Winnie, etc, etc all had some form of the issue. Also, it has not affected all of that fabric even of the same batch. The issue has been researched and it is typically affected by high heat, high humidity areas along with UV degradation.

I agree that home furniture holds up much better. But your home is not subjected to sub-zero temps, then 100 degree days and 98% humidity while sitting in the window as driver/passenger seats do. Auto fabrics do...but then auto fabrics don't need to be nice and plush to work on furniture as well...just seats.

If the coach is even remotely close to the warranty period, we cover it. If it is outside of the warranty period, we try to come to a happy compromise. IF it were just using the same ole fabric, we would gladly charge the supplier back for it and create a new one. Instead...all your really paying for is the cost to use an upgraded 5 or 10 year rated product. Some products we used, had zero rating for hydrolysis, cost the same and have never had an issue. This is not a price thing...its a chemical reaction thing.

Old 02-18-2020, 05:33 PM   #30

I wasn't referring to fabric but leather seats. If you read most post there is a problem with them....
Old 02-18-2020, 05:37 PM   #31
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo111 View Post
I wasn't referring to fabric but leather seats. If you read most post there is a problem with them....
I was referring to the same thing...we refer to it generally as fabric/covering in that it is not leather, but a polyurethane (PU) or vinyl.

Ultra Leather for example is a PU.

Old 02-20-2020, 03:05 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
You can likely jut get a new cover. And While we might be able to pressure the company to replace the cover (at no charge) they do not cover labor out of warranty and its with the same material (or newer version of it). Last time it happened, they were out of the color and we had to do something close.

If it were my coach, I would recover using the leather we run today, which has a 10 year warranty against that peeling (Hydrolysis). It was called Arlington (Chamois-Fog-Steerhide), but when it went to the 10 year warranty, I think it became Arlington Plus..or maybe a different name altogether. The Chamois 2, is not far off of that color.
What year did you start using the new material?

2018 Isata 5 DS
sseaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 03:59 PM   #33
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseaner View Post
What year did you start using the new material?
That is really a loaded question. We've been using new material even before I started in 2015. Back then, they didn't really test for Hydrolysis, they mainly did "wear tests" like any fabric. It wasn't until the industry saw some of this that they started doing "jungle" tests.

So just because a material is not rated, does not mean it will fail., For example, we used a product at Sunseeker for a long time called "Halo" that was a PU. We had zero issues with that and it was less money than some of the materials that had issues. It did not have any particular rating for delamination.

When I came over to Dynamax, I changed over to a product from the same company. In theory that was officially rated at two year....but again we never had issues in 10 years. Then about a year or two ago, I got that same exact material (same color same build) but got it in a version that was specifically tested for a 10 year rating (for peace of mind).

Old 02-21-2020, 01:30 PM   #34

Seems like sometime in 2014 the upholstery supplier had quality issues that affected every manufacturer.

Our 7-year-old coach (pre-Forest River) and has none of these ultraleather issues.

Mike&Donna
2013 Dynaquest 390XL
On the dolly:
2012 Scion iQ (Inclement weather & grocery getter)
Mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:31 PM   #35

We are experiencing the same “leather” peeling in our 2016 DX3. It is most noticeable on the U shaped sofa/dinette but impacts all furniture to some degree. I’m interested in replacing the furniture overtime starting by removing the U and putting in a sofa and dinette similar to what is currently used by dynamax. A few questions:
- Does anyone know the current supplier?
- Is there any advantage to a full replacement vs staggering overtime?
- What should I do with old furniture? Would love to avoid sending it to the landfill.
Jim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:13 AM   #36
Commercial Member

I am currently working on a furniture replacement program. We have had dealers complain that material is never in stock, or takes too long to get. So the plan is to have a supplier stock (4) colors. Light and dark gray, light and dark tan/brown.

Then have two sofa styles and a dinette style.

Then for used coaches, it would be like a menu, pick you colors, pick you stile (tri-fold of jack knife). That way we're not trying to match old colors, but are using current 5-7 year tested materials.

I am also exploring a fabric option as well. There is a product call Fortress that is stain and water resistant, feels nice and soft and will never flake, no matter what.

Old 03-22-2020, 12:20 PM   #37

Georgetown's had this issue and the manufacturer for their furniture is Williamsburg Furniture, Elkhart, IN. Covers were replaced free either from Williamsburg or coordinated through Forest River. Williamsburg direct didn't charge shipping. Don't know about going through FR. Covers removal and replacement is/was owners responsibility. My units captains chairs and sofa sleeper covers were replaced. That was the extent of my furniture from Williamsburg.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 12:22 PM   #38

Thank you Brian for all you are doing with this. I have a 2015 Force 37BH. Front driver's seat is peeling, and the jack sofa started to peel a few weeks ago. Who should I contact for the driver's seat upholstery replacement while we await the furniture replacement plan?

Appreciate your dedication.

-Tyler
randocommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:12 AM   #39
Commercial Member

Just to be clear, this furniture program is furniture for purchase for dealers. So if someone wants to replace furniture that is out of warranty, or just want to refresh a current look.

Old 03-23-2020, 01:10 PM   #40

So many company's can back peddle all they want junk is junk people been complaining for years they just turn there ears off. wait till time expire and tell you to fix it. Maybe if more people buy coaches complain put it on line and put there feet to the fire they will stop buying china junk then hide. Ceo's should stop getting bonus for doing nothing and getting rewards for it enough is enough.