Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2016, 02:24 PM   #1

Picked Up Our New DX3- First Impressions

My dad and I picked up our new 16 DX3 37BH from Texas 2 weekends ago. We got a good walkthrough and a chance to shake things down overnight and then a long 1400 mile journey home.

First impressions:

1) Everything has exceeded our expectations, very nice RV and everyone loves it. It drives great, very quiet for a Super C, handles well and is easy to drive. The front seats are great. Power is pretty good, although I would always like more, as I towed my 30' race car trailer last weekend and could use a few more ponies up the hills in PA. Otherwise drives awesome, very happy.

2) A few minor issues so far. The SiriusXM seems to have an issue with the Sony radio. The dealer tried fixing it and we thought it was fixed, but 20 miles down the road, the reception went out and continues to not work. I've tried fixing it myself to no avail. Basically the problem is the cheap cable that comes with the Sirius V300 tuner. The end cap is a poor design and doesn't connect properly to the back of the Sony deck. It continues to go loose causing the signal to go out. I've been in contact with someone at River Park (electronics distributor) and they are supposedly sending me a new V300 unit to try first. If not, then a new Sony deck.

As others have mentioned, the side door latch system is very stiff and takes a good "slam" to close the door. I'm sure it works itself out with time and warmer weather.

I noticed that the side door window isn't tinted, nor does it have even a sun shade or block out shade. Any idea why no shades are included on the side door window? I found a cheap sun shield at camping world that I may try on it but the rest of the windows look so nice tinted and with the MCD shades, would hope the this door window had that too.

The front cab "curtain" works ok but isn't ideal. I would have liked to see a system that came down over the windshield/cab windows, but the curtain is a nice piece and does its job.

Another issue I need to try and fix, is with our rear bedroom sliding door. It appears one of the door "hangers" is bent somehow and the door has fallen off the bracket/hanger. I've tried to put the hanger rod back into the bracket but its stiff and doesn't go back like new. I think I need either a new hanger mechanism with the rod or need to "bend" it back. The door slides but its stiff and doesn't always line up to "lock" it on the door jam. Just a minor issue here.

The shower door magnetic molding pieces seem to fall off the right side of the door after being closed for a while. Maybe some simple adhesive can be used on the right side molding to keep it on the glass door when the magnets are together in the closed position. Again, very minor.

All in all the DX3 is awesome. Drives great, has a great layout, plenty of sleeping space with the 37BH model and all of the family and friends love it. The aqua hot shower system is great, very nice showers and the hot water is great.

Excited for some camping trips this summer with the family and to more of my racing events.
poof100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 02:46 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Always good to get feedback. Glad it is working out so far.
2. River park is the right spot. I'm going to look into this a little further as I heard something about this. I was concerned someone had caulked over the antenna...but someone mentioned a cable..but did not elaborate. Sony licenses the XM not sure why the Sony head unit and XM tuner wouldn't just mate perfectly.

The door slams hard due to the safety bolts. That is required by FMVSS and just makes things more difficult. Dry lubricant in there would help.

Side door window should be tinted...doesn't look like it from the inside, but it is. Now, you can still see in, when the lights are on, but tougher during the day. We're actually looking to add a shade there going forward. For some reason no one has ever mentioned it until the last month. I know the front door of my house is clear glass...so maybe everyone just dealt with it.

If you can send a picture of the door, I can see what our guys suggest.

Happy camping.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 02:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Always good to get feedback. Glad it is working out so far.
2. River park is the right spot. I'm going to look into this a little further as I heard something about this. I was concerned someone had caulked over the antenna...but someone mentioned a cable..but did not elaborate. Sony licenses the XM not sure why the Sony head unit and XM tuner wouldn't just mate perfectly.

The door slams hard due to the safety bolts. That is required by FMVSS and just makes things more difficult. Dry lubricant in there would help.

Side door window should be tinted...doesn't look like it from the inside, but it is. Now, you can still see in, when the lights are on, but tougher during the day. We're actually looking to add a shade there going forward. For some reason no one has ever mentioned it until the last month. I know the front door of my house is clear glass...so maybe everyone just dealt with it.

If you can send a picture of the door, I can see what our guys suggest.

Happy camping.
Thanks for the reply, appreciate it! Yeah, i've taken apart the dash several times to pull the Sony deck out and "fix" the cable from the V300 tuner box to the sony deck. Its not a great connection and either the cable is bad or the sony deck female end isn't up to par. Hopefully the new V300 box fixes it.

Yeah, its probably tinted, but do notice you can see through with lights on. The shades would be a nice touch there. Maybe have some simple brackets at the bottom of the window there on the door so the shades aren't constantly beating against the door while moving or opening/closing the door. Just my 2 cents here.

I will get a picture of the rear sliding bedroom door hanger and have it compare to the ones that are working properly. My guess is somehow that rod got bent slightly and caused the door to fall off the bracket.

Thanks again!!
Old 05-04-2016, 03:03 PM   #4

x2 on a suggestion for a shade on the side door.

Was on my list of things to take care of when I eventually got around to it.
FOURWHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:52 PM   #5

I adjusted the entry door latch plate so it wouldnt need to be slammed. There is a 1/4" plate behind the latch plate that caused it to be to tight. After removing the plate it closes easier and isnt loose.

2016 Dynamax Force. Just-Rite2
Old 05-05-2016, 06:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
I adjusted the entry door latch plate so it wouldnt need to be slammed. There is a 1/4" plate behind the latch plate that caused it to be to tight. After removing the plate it closes easier and isnt loose.

2016 Dynamax Force. Just-Rite2
I have the same issue with the door, my wife and kids can't open the door at all.
The pins or studs on the Door itself are about 1/8" lower than the strike plate on the Jamm.

As you can see in the picture, there are no adjustments available regarding the strike plate and the Pins are fixed in the latch mechanism.
I will use a Die Grinder to open up the lower part the lower half of the strike plate.

I have also notice that there was no shade or privacy for the entry door. It would be nice if the FR factory (hint,wink wink) had a vallance that would fit over the door so i may ad a pull down shade.

Im also missing Curtains for the Bunk Beds, there are curtain tracks installed but no curtains.

As far as power, the 8.9ISL Cummins motors good for up to 450hp, you will have to shell out about $2500.00 to Cummins to maintain your factory warranty if you go through Cummins.
There are several shops that could flash your ECU for about $500.00-$700.00 but it would end your factor warranty.

There is one thing i'm not happy about is that these Units are advertized with King Beds or RV King.
Then why does my bed measure w=67" & L=75" short rv Kings are w=72" & L=75" It's basically a 7" wider Qeen. Good luck finding any sheet sets for this bed as well.
A short king would fit if the empty box nightstand was a bit smaller.

FR must have some connection with Icool Sleep Systems or ?, I plan on replacing this Iuncool Bed with something I can sleep on.

But again with a few minor changes this will be a great coach.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160505_152950.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	236.4 KB
ID:	106987   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160505_153025.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	232.1 KB
ID:	106988   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160505_153058.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	106989  
Old 05-05-2016, 06:56 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Does yours not have an iCool? It's basically just a gel memory foam. I thought they were using Trump mattresses before I got there. Not 100% sure

Old 05-05-2016, 07:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Does yours not have an iCool? It's basically just a gel memory foam. I thought they were using Trump mattresses before I got there. Not 100% sure
Yes it is a Icool,
it's actually laughable how uncomfortable it really is, it's like sleeping on Styrofoam.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:26 PM   #9
Commercial Member

If the temp is cool, memory foam will be very firm. Softens with heat. Either that or it maybe it's upside down.

Old 05-06-2016, 09:03 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Bravo View Post
I have the same issue with the door, my wife and kids can't open the door at all.
The pins or studs on the Door itself are about 1/8" lower than the strike plate on the Jamm.

As you can see in the picture, there are no adjustments available regarding the strike plate and the Pins are fixed in the latch mechanism.
I will use a Die Grinder to open up the lower part the lower half of the strike plate.

I have also notice that there was no shade or privacy for the entry door. It would be nice if the FR factory (hint,wink wink) had a vallance that would fit over the door so i may ad a pull down shade.

Im also missing Curtains for the Bunk Beds, there are curtain tracks installed but no curtains.

As far as power, the 8.9ISL Cummins motors good for up to 450hp, you will have to shell out about $2500.00 to Cummins to maintain your factory warranty if you go through Cummins.
There are several shops that could flash your ECU for about $500.00-$700.00 but it would end your factor warranty.

There is one thing i'm not happy about is that these Units are advertized with King Beds or RV King.
Then why does my bed measure w=67" & L=75" short rv Kings are w=72" & L=75" It's basically a 7" wider Qeen. Good luck finding any sheet sets for this bed as well.
A short king would fit if the empty box nightstand was a bit smaller.

FR must have some connection with Icool Sleep Systems or ?, I plan on replacing this Iuncool Bed with something I can sleep on.

But again with a few minor changes this will be a great coach.
Interesting feedback on the door latch. I noticed yesterday that there are 2 plates in the jam, I'm guessing that is causing part of the stiffness. I don't mind it, just don't like having to slam the door from the inside.

Yes I saw that the ISL goes up to 450hp. I'm definitely going to investigate having Cummins flash the ECU for more boost, if that in fact keeps the warranty.

I think the bed in my DX3 is actually pretty comfortable, but I know that's all personal preference.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:07 AM   #11

Quote:
If the temp is cool, memory foam will be very firm. Softens with heat. Either that or it maybe it's upside down.
Bclemens-

regarding my Sirius issue. I received the new V300 box from River Park. Without going on a treasure hunt, do you happen to know off hand where you guys and/or River Park installs that V300 box behind the dash? The sony deck is easy to get out, just wanted to save myself some time on putting the new 300 tuner box in.

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2016, 09:25 AM   #12
Love being on the road...

Regarding your entry door window, I had Magna shade make a Shades for my Dx3 entry door , windshield and cab doors out of MCD material. Super easy to put on and they work great.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:27 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dholsted View Post
Regarding your entry door window, I had Magna shade make a Shades for my Dx3 entry door , windshield and cab doors out of MCD material. Super easy to put on and they work great.
Awesome thanks, I will look into that and get one made. Very good info, appreciate it!!
Old 05-06-2016, 10:53 AM   #14

Quote:
Very funny, although I wouldn't be surprised with some people, Mine is right side up. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by poof100 View Post
I think the bed in my DX3 is actually pretty comfortable, but I know that's all personal preference.
I believe you have a different or upgraded Mattress in your DX3, I have a Force.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:58 AM   #15
Commercial Member

If its iCool, they are all the same. The ticking on the mattress, will actually say iCool. Its a white, microfiber cover with bright blue sides and bright blue text on the white cover that says iCool.