Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2017, 03:43 PM   #1

Placed deposit on 2017 DX3 36FK

I know Zero about what we just bought! Just that we like it. I have some 'newbe' questions to ask from the guys that know the answers.
1. Fuel tanks. Do they they have a pass thru from one side to the other? I'd hate to think that I'd have to move to a different island to fill the second tank.

This Induction Cook Top. Know nothing about it. Do we need special pots, frying pans etc?

It has a 450D aqua Hot system. How does that heat the coach?

It has an LP tank. What for?

How do you keep the fridge doors from flying open while traveling?

Any words of wisdom for me? Currently have a 5th wheel. The new beast if very different!

Thanks,
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 04:24 PM   #2
Retired Army Paratrooper

rskeans, welcome to the Dynamax Super C world. You are going to love your new purchase. We have the Force HD and have enjoyed it very much. Fridge doors should have an elastic type band that you put in place when you are moving, (make sure you of this, we know from experience LOL). The LP tank will be for your forced heat system that should be under your bed in the rear and somewhere in the kitchen area also. Fuel tanks do have a pass thru system however if you fill up at truck stop type islands they have a pump on each side that when you turn the main pump on the other side can be used also. As for the Aqua hot system we do not have this, but I believe that it is for your hot water in the coach, suppose to be like instant hot water and it probably has an LP line going to it also. Hope this helps some. Once again welcome and happy camping.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 04:34 PM   #3

Thank you for your helpful response. Question on fuel tanks. Do you have to manually switch from one tank to the other while driving?
Old 06-17-2017, 04:40 PM   #4
Retired Army Paratrooper

No it is all automatic you just fill them up and enjoying the drive. Also I think I am wrong on the Auqa hot, don't believe it uses propane.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 06:23 PM   #5

Fuel tanks will auto level and behave like one only when the engine is running. Best bet for filling up is truck stops where you can fill both tanks at once.

Aqua hot is your on demand hot water as well as heating. Think radiant heat but instead of just traded throughout the floor there are heat sinks through out the coach that blow a fan over a radiator of sorts to create heat. Otherwise it's pumping heated coolant to transfer. Super quiet and works like a charm. Love ours but ours is LP fired. Wish we had diesel.

Fridge doors likely will come with a knob that screws between them to hold both doors. Much better than the elastic band.

LP likely for stovetop and you can add a connection for an outdoor grill.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:57 PM   #6

Send a message via MSN to judy3972
Welcome to the Super C Dynamax 3 world .
We make it a practice to fill up with the truckers as we can fill both tanks without moving and when you need DEF it's right at the pump.
You will need to go into the fuel stop and give them your credit card and they will turn on the pump.
After filling up go in and retrieve your card and off you go. We signed up for the Flying J/ Pilot credit card for the cents of per gal. IMHO the DX3 is the best driving coach we have owned (this is #5).
We do not have the induction cook top but I do know that there is a type of pan that you need.
The Aqua hot works on both electric and diesel, so you can switch from electric to diesel when you dry camp. We have solar on our coach which keeps the residential frig on. Still new to that world. You will find great information on this site so ask away.

Phoenix, Az.
judy3972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 04:42 PM   #7

Induction stove does requires specific cookware. It must be magnetic. This means stainless steel or cast iron. IKEA , Costoco, Cuisinart all make a nice line. I use a brand called Duxtop. The cookware is easy to find. Just make sure it says induction on the box. Or try a magnet on the bottom of what you already have.
Induction is as heat efficient as gas. The stove top does not heat up like a regular electric stove.
redcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:26 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskeans View Post
I know Zero about what we just bought! Just that we like it. I have some 'newbe' questions to ask from the guys that know the answers.
1. Fuel tanks. Do they they have a pass thru from one side to the other? I'd hate to think that I'd have to move to a different island to fill the second tank.

This Induction Cook Top. Know nothing about it. Do we need special pots, frying pans etc?

It has a 450D aqua Hot system. How does that heat the coach?

It has an LP tank. What for?

How do you keep the fridge doors from flying open while traveling?

Any words of wisdom for me? Currently have a 5th wheel. The new beast if very different!

Thanks,
1. answered.
2. yes, special pans, we include a set
3. 450D is diesel. furnace and hot water, nothing better.
4. You sure it has the LP?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
4. You sure it has the LP?
Yes. I looked at the tank and asked what was that for? No answer. We're going to tap off it for the BBQ.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:11 AM   #10

If it's a 450D.. with induction cooktop.
Why would it have a propane tank?
Old 06-22-2017, 09:07 AM   #11

Absolutely agree. That is the question asked to the dealer and on this forum. But it does. This is the unit in question. Note in the description that it says it still has the LPG tank, and I physically saw it. https://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/Gia...36FK-121771458
Note, my wife decided she wants a TS model 'cause of the floor plan. So we opted out.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:23 AM   #12
Commercial Member

For a while, dealers wanted the 450D and the induction. I assumed that someone would want an all electric coach, so I added that option as a package which deletes the LP tank, but prior to that some dealers were just ordering those options cause they wanted them and were leaving the LP tank in there for the grill.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:47 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
For a while, dealers wanted the 450D and the induction. I assumed that someone would want an all electric coach, so I added that option as a package which deletes the LP tank, but prior to that some dealers were just ordering those options cause they wanted them and were leaving the LP tank in there for the grill.

Any chance you will leave the LP tank, or make that an add on for All Elec. models ? RE: DX3 37TS/37BH ?

Keith
KatnKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:02 AM   #14
Commercial Member

All electric would eliminate the LP tank. If you're just using it for the grill, a 20.3 gallon tank is overkill when a small portable is more suited for the use and you're not limited to where to locate the grill. can it be done, sure. But other ways might make more sense and gain some exterior storage.