Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2018, 02:23 PM   #1

Please Help...at end of rope

I bought a new 2018 Dynamax Force 2018 last April. I looked at this site prior to purchase. We do not have any dealers that carry dynamax in the state of Kansas so I had to drive 800 miles to pick it up. I have had problem after problem with it, now to the point the local dealership doesn't want to work on it (it just sits on their lot because they "cant get to it") Its been there two weeks on their lot (a scheduled appointment) and they can't tell me when it will be looked at, let alone be fixed. I have been in contact with Dynamax multiple times without resolution, so I am turning to you guys with the knowledge. I know motorhomes inherently have problems due to the road, I have owned them for 30 years. Below is a list of issues I have had with my 2018 Dynamax force 37BH:

1. Driving home from dealership in rain, got wet in the drivers seat. Dealership said the running lights were not sealed. Last week (almost a year later) found water in the LED lights in the ceiling.
2. Hanging light fell out of ceiling.
3. Air conditioners not cooling on initial pick up. Dealership said they had to "tape" the divider for the return air.
4. Air conditioners dripping a LOT of water in motorhome x 2 trips. Dealership stated the "tape" had failed.
5. Slide in front has went out on four different trips. Motors were bad-replaced. Keypad was bad-replaced. Lost its programmed settings twice. Has cost me about $300 in on-site work so we could drive the motorhome.
6. Dash cut big for the switches. Dynamax says it is freightliner, freightliner says it is Dynamax. Can't get fixed.
7. There are what I think are rocks under the linoleum.
8. TV HDMI cord went out.
9. TV's not working now for unknown reason.
10. Speakers above the recliners not working.
11. Grill on the front was broken upon pick up.
12. Seat belt not working on drivers seat. Repair under warranty cost me $250.

This is not an all inclusive list but is most of the problems I have had. I have taken the motorhome on 6 trips over the last year and have yet to have a problem free trip. Any ideas or help would greatly be appreciated. I would like to be a loyal, happy Dynamax consumer like the most of you on this site trend, but currently very unhappy.
Thanks for replies.
DisasterDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 03:01 PM   #2

Have you tried to use a 3rd party repairman? You will need to get approved from forest river! I think you would pay service call and he would turn other over to forest river for payment! Just an idea maybe this will work for you!
GFAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 03:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisasterDad View Post
I bought a new 2018 Dynamax Force 2018 last April. I looked at this site prior to purchase. We do not have any dealers that carry dynamax in the state of Kansas so I had to drive 800 miles to pick it up. I have had problem after problem with it, now to the point the local dealership doesn't want to work on it (it just sits on their lot because they "cant get to it") Its been there two weeks on their lot (a scheduled appointment) and they can't tell me when it will be looked at, let alone be fixed. I have been in contact with Dynamax multiple times without resolution, so I am turning to you guys with the knowledge. I know motorhomes inherently have problems due to the road, I have owned them for 30 years. Below is a list of issues I have had with my 2018 Dynamax force 37BH:

1. Driving home from dealership in rain, got wet in the drivers seat. Dealership said the running lights were not sealed. Last week (almost a year later) found water in the LED lights in the ceiling.
2. Hanging light fell out of ceiling.
3. Air conditioners not cooling on initial pick up. Dealership said they had to "tape" the divider for the return air.
4. Air conditioners dripping a LOT of water in motorhome x 2 trips. Dealership stated the "tape" had failed.
5. Slide in front has went out on four different trips. Motors were bad-replaced. Keypad was bad-replaced. Lost its programmed settings twice. Has cost me about $300 in on-site work so we could drive the motorhome.
6. Dash cut big for the switches. Dynamax says it is freightliner, freightliner says it is Dynamax. Can't get fixed.
7. There are what I think are rocks under the linoleum.
8. TV HDMI cord went out.
9. TV's not working now for unknown reason.
10. Speakers above the recliners not working.
11. Grill on the front was broken upon pick up.
12. Seat belt not working on drivers seat. Repair under warranty cost me $250.

This is not an all inclusive list but is most of the problems I have had. I have taken the motorhome on 6 trips over the last year and have yet to have a problem free trip. Any ideas or help would greatly be appreciated. I would like to be a loyal, happy Dynamax consumer like the most of you on this site trend, but currently very unhappy.
Thanks for replies.
Based on your list of issues, other than rocks under the linoleum; broken grill and seat belt, everything else COULD be related to a water leak somewhere. The water could be coming from condensation from the AC units and/or could be an exterior leak. I know it would be a long trip, but you may want to see if FR will schedule a visit to the factory for you to get these issues properly checked out and repaired.

Randy & Dee
2018 DX3 37TS
"Orange Crush"
RV Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 03:15 PM   #4

I would take it to the factory and let them go over your list. You are still under warranty.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:28 PM   #5

We had a leak in our rear A/C unit in our 2015 Force. Called Atwood and they walked our dealer through the repair, it had something to do with how the bolts are sealed, after they sealed it, no more A/C leaks. Sometimes there is a condensation issue too, but I use the “dry” setting to get around that issue. The other issues, I am not able to comment on at this point, sorry.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:45 PM   #6

Please Help...at end of rope

I feel your pain. I too have a long list of issues and have had little to no success in getting them resolved... I am still waiting on parts from March. Mine has been "in repair" since February 1st. I bought my coach locally thinking that would make a difference... nope... Looks like your only option is to take it back to FR. Sadly I think they are the only ones who know how to fix these coaches. Best of luck to you.
vrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:39 AM   #7
Commercial Member

PM me your VIN. Let me get my warranty manager get to the bottom of this.

In the meantime, let me follow up on a few things...not excuses, just explaining things. I find understanding why something happens helps the mind and also provides the ability to correct it without major frustration.

1. Too many times I see dealers and I have even had this with my guys, take the first easy fix. "Oh, cap is not sealed, that must be it". Instead of doing it right and checking everything. Could be a cracked seal in the cap in addition to a cap light.

2. We had a few of those for a while and i think it might have been a guy putting in screws, thinking it was going into wood and not a metal strip. Wood, you can torque pretty good, metal strip you stop as soon as the clutch gives. I think they were stripping the screws and not knowing it. I haven't seen one in just over a year though.

3. The Atwood AC has a sensor in the return air side that determines what the temp is. There is a fairly flimsy divider that has double sided tape on the edges. We're supposed to install that divider during assembly. I don't think it says anything about prep, but I think some of the mfg oils are still there...so when we install the divider the tape does't stick very well. So it falls down and the the supply air and return air mix. When that happens, it thinks it is cool already and shuts down. We now use foil tape to try and reinforce that divider. That is one of those things, that if you understand it...you can fix it in 5 minutes. Instead of becomes a trip ender for those that don't. And in Atwoods troubleshooting section, they don't even mention this pretty common occurrence.

4. There is a TSB on the Atwood AC's for bolts as mentioned...and also, they will create lots of condensation when doors are opening and closing often. If you go to an RV show outside...they will pour water onto the floor as most times the door is open.

5. One of the biggest issues we see here is low voltage operation. If you shut power off...then everything is fine. If you attempt to operate the slides on low voltage...ALL sorts of wacky things happen. Again, I had a customer that plugged it in and thought he was good...but he had never let the batteries fully charge. So when he tried to operate the slide, it tripped two faults. Lost stops and bad motor. Once we let the batteries fully charge, we cleared the faults and everything worked perfectly after. This had already happened about 3-4 times on him before I figured out what was going on. He kept saying he was plugged in so low voltage was not the issue...but he never said he plugged in after the batteries had completely drained. Sat in his driveway for 3 weeks...then he plugged it in to pack for his trip. Having said that...I have seen motors go out...but in most cases it is a false fault.

6. depends on which swtich, I'll take a look.

7. could be that or bolt heads. We do bolt through the floor to the frame.

9. define "not working". Won't turn on? won't get channels?

11. should have been noted on the dealer PDI sheet.

12: not working? Not plugging in? Why did the repair under warranty cost $250? If it was a Freightliner issue (which the seatbelts are) then they should cover under warranty. If it was something we did somehow, then that should be reimbursable.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFAR View Post
Have you tried to use a 3rd party repairman? You will need to get approved from forest river! I think you would pay service call and he would turn other over to forest river for payment! Just an idea maybe this will work for you!
The post above seems like a guy who wants to help. Id follow through with him ASAP
Old 05-01-2018, 01:08 PM   #9
Site Team

That's the General Manager of Dynamax and well known to the Dynamax owners, here in the Dynamax sub-forum.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 01:09 PM   #10

^^^^ Yes what he said.... Brian knows a guy that knows a guy that can pull strings and help. I’d jump on it.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:14 PM   #11

Thank you Brian. This forum has always been of benefit. It is at the dealership now a 1.5 hr. drive. With work, I am unable to pick it up until Friday. As soon as I pick it up I will send you the Vin.
Thanks again!
Old 05-01-2018, 05:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisasterDad View Post
Thank you Brian. This forum has always been of benefit. It is at the dealership now a 1.5 hr. drive. With work, I am unable to pick it up until Friday. As soon as I pick it up I will send you the Vin.
Thanks again!
Call the dealer and have them give you the vin... get the ball moving..

I keep a photo on my phone of the yellow ID tag on the side of my 5th wheel. Has all the pertinent info.

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 05:30 PM   #13

Thanks Brian! This forum has always been of benefit. It is at the repair shop currently, "Wichita RV East", so I do not have the VIN. I will call them and see if they can send it or you may be able to look up by my name Kent Potter. Feel free to contact them and see if we can get this thing back on the road.
Thanks Again!

1. My concern at this point of course is what has been damaged or the life shortened with water sitting in it.
2. Fixed by dealership.
3. I think is fixed.
4. Not sure. We were away for dinner and it had leaked gallons in a trash can.
5. Sounds reasonable, although surprising it does not hold programming will low battery.
6. ABS switch if I remember correctly.
9. The cable box states it cannot get a satellite signal.
11. Has been replaced by freightliner.
12. Freightliner stated they covered up part of the belt where it would not retract. They had to cut away part of the plastic to allow it to retract. I would take reimbursement.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:47 PM   #14

You got the right guys attention with Clemens taking up the issues. See where it gor=es from here. He used to be "The Wildcat Guy" for Forest River.
2008 Jeep JKS
Ready Brute Elite / Blue Ox BP
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:11 PM   #15
Site Team

You now have the right person working on it. You should have your VIN number on your registration or on the paperwork signed at delivery.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:27 PM   #16

Also on your insurance policy and your license registration
Old 05-01-2018, 06:28 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
You now have the right person working on it. You should have your VIN number on your registration or on the paperwork signed at delivery.
Hard to believe you don't have something with the VIN on it.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 10:23 PM   #18

I keep a copy of all the important stuff like registration, insurance, etc. on my phone... never know hen you might need it.
Greg-Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:51 AM   #19

Oh does that sound SO familiar, I had that exact same thing happen on my last TT. It wasn't an FR, so I won't say anything good or bad on how "KEY....." their reputation was. But my problem was 110% dealership problem, the dealerships don't exactly like working on warranty work cause they don't make as much money off the customer. That's why "most" warranty work gets pushed to the back burner or gets the dealerships least experienced members working on them, I have a friend that works at a national chain trailer sales & he says that's common practice unfortunately. People pay $110.00-$130.00 an hour or more for an RV mechanic & get an $8.00 an hour person wrenching on your RV when it's under warranty.
zippersbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:12 AM   #20
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Desert View Post
You got the right guys attention with Clemens taking up the issues. See where it gor=es from here. He used to be "The Wildcat Guy" for Forest River.
thanks...but I was never at Wildcat. Sunseeker and Forester, yes, never trailers.

DisasterDad...nevermind. I looked back over previous posts, got your dealer and you had given your last name.

PS. Your serial number is FRC001629

when reviewing the VIN notes it also looks like you have already been speaking or emailing with Brandon, the service rep.

4/10/18: "Spoke to customer, he had some ongoing conners with AC's dripping". Currently at Wichita RV and service write is Amber. I will contact Amber and see if there is anything we can do to assist"

4/11/18:Amber from Wichita called us, we discussed what we thought the issue was with the AC and felt like they should call Atwood

4/12/18: talked to customer. TV's still not operating properly, Customer stated that he needs a new "Swim board". (my rep noted he did not know what that was and needed more info)

4/12/18: customer called and said his slides lost memory for the 3rd time. Walked him through resetting the stops and provided the manual for future use.

4/24/18: spoke to customer. Customer feels he needs a new dash piece and bathroom door. Called the dealer and spoke to Amber, she will be sending pictures. Dealer stated they did not think new parts are necessary, but that she will leave it up to Dynamax.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote