Old 04-21-2019, 01:25 PM   #1

Popping gfi at the house with my new XL hooked up

So I wanted to plug the rv in at the house on 15amp. With the master switch turned off or on it will pop the gfi at the house. Do I need to do something inside the rv to just plug it into the house? It worked before we left the dealership. It was on 50 there. Any suggestions?

Timecritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 02:11 PM   #2
Site Team

Don't plug the cord into a GFI outlet. They often don't play well with each other. Use a non-GFI outlet.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:16 PM   #3

Thanks for the response. That didn’t solve it. I all tried shutting off all the breakers in the couch and it still pops the breaker in the house
Old 04-21-2019, 07:28 PM   #4

Popping gfi at the house with my new XL hooked up

I used a GFCI plug for years without problems. Usually occurs when wires are reversed in home made extension cord or other devices or amperage draw exceeds safety rating of GFCI.
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:05 PM   #5
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timecritic View Post
So I wanted to plug the rv in at the house on 15amp. With the master switch turned off or on it will pop the gfi at the house. Do I need to do something inside the rv to just plug it into the house? It worked before we left the dealership. It was on 50 there. Any suggestions?
You need to change the incoming voltage to 15A in the multiplex screen. It will think it is plugged into 50 unless you tell it otherwise.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 09:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
You need to change the incoming voltage to 15A in the multiplex screen. It will think it is plugged into 50 unless you tell it otherwise.
If this is the correct screen I tried that. No change. Let me know
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DF70F392-8201-4171-A7AE-A9304C3BE93E.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	323.9 KB
ID:	202408  
Old 04-21-2019, 09:33 PM   #7
GM

Did you try the Multi-plex screen?
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 04-21-2019, 09:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Did you try the Multi-plex screen?
Some people forget and leave their water heater on electric and the breaker trips because of over current.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:43 PM   #9
GM

Correct, but the energy management system in the multiplex should correct for that.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timecritic View Post
Thanks for the response. That didn’t solve it. I all tried shutting off all the breakers in the couch and it still pops the breaker in the house
If you in fact turned off all the breakers including the main then you have a problem between the breaker box and the shore power. Current can't flow thru a turned off breaker. Get a volt meter and start at the Ped and work you way the RV main breaker. In plug the cord from the RV and plug back into the house with the RV end laying on the ground. Tell us what happens. If it does not trip then your problem is between the outside cord connection and the main breaker panel. The next place to look would be the outlet in the side of the RV and the transfer switch. Then the transfer switch to the breaker panel.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote