Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2018, 09:00 AM   #1

Post Rally Hangover

Well now that the fun is over and I’m back at work, I need some distraction!

I know there are a few conversations I had that I need some links on, figure rather than follow up privately might as well post here so others can benefit as well or throw up their own requests.

This with either turn into a bunch of useful info or a complete mess... only time will tell.

Orangecrush - you were talking about your headlights that are a ton cheaper than the HID projectors but still a vast improvement over stock. Got a link?

joet19711 - got a link to that code reader / computer access to the freightliner Ecu?

Can’t remember who it was (sorry) - we talked about the injector isolators. Do you happen to have the TSB number so I don’t have to rely on dealer computer skills?

I think that’s all ... for now ...
Old 06-12-2018, 09:09 AM   #2

When I saw Rally and Hangover, this is not what popped into my head. Good luck on finding out your info
Old 06-12-2018, 09:12 AM   #3

Haha there was plenty of the other kind too. Just not going to post the evidence on the internet
Old 06-12-2018, 09:14 AM   #4
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

I just attended a week long camping rally at the Colorado State Fairgrounds in Pueblo...

I'm beat!

JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:43 AM   #5

Post Rally Hangover

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
Well now that the fun is over and I’m back at work, I need some distraction!

I know there are a few conversations I had that I need some links on, figure rather than follow up privately might as well post here so others can benefit as well or throw up their own requests.

This with either turn into a bunch of useful info or a complete mess... only time will tell.

Orangecrush - you were talking about your headlights that are a ton cheaper than the HID projectors but still a vast improvement over stock. Got a link?

joet19711 - got a link to that code reader / computer access to the freightliner Ecu?

Can’t remember who it was (sorry) - we talked about the injector isolators. Do you happen to have the TSB number so I don’t have to rely on dealer computer skills?

I think that’s all ... for now ...

I purchased the fuel line isolators from Cummins, they were here when we got home. Haven’t installed them yet but seems to be be an easy installation. They recommend 2/line. They are inexpensive, I think about $4.70 each. I ordered for every fuel line that doesn’t already have one. The part number is 494-5989. You should be able to get them from any Cummins Service Center.

I purchased halogen bulbs at O’Reilly Auto Parts for about $140 for both. I just brought my old bulb in and they matched them. I sure most auto parts stores would have them.
I know they are not a good as the fancy ones but definitely better than the original and a lot less expensive.

I should get my AGS working this week and will post the results on the thread I started for that.
dlfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:51 AM   #6

Post Rally Hangover

Go online and search for Scanguage. They are only about $150 and come in handy. I mounted mine in my ashtray holder. Fits perfectly.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:18 AM   #7

Yeah I’ve got a scan gauge already. This was one that could read and decrypt the error codes.

Thanks for the part number. Ever better if it’s something I can take care of myself
Old 06-12-2018, 11:21 AM   #8

Didn’t read close enough, I see that now, I would like that link as well
Old 06-12-2018, 03:17 PM   #9

FOURWHL, To fishing this is the web.
Diesellaptops.com
NEXIQ BLUE LINK MINI. Model. 126015
It is a great tool
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:36 PM   #10

Brian,

I had the issue with the cracked injector line.

Glad you made it home okay.

Karen and I are in Branson for a few day, should be back in Colorado saturday morning.

To answer your question, the bulletin # is C1701 and calls for injector fuel line #1 and #6 be replaced with a new line and associated rubber isolator. I would not just add the rubber isolator but also replace the line.

I suspect since the engines have a 100k/5 year warranty via cummins that if you took it to cummins they would replace/fix at no charge.

I was out in the middle of nowhere in the Texas Panhandle so I just bought #1 line, came with the rubber isolator, it was $50+, they did not have #6 in stock and had a mobile tech install on the side of the road where we pulled off.

On a side note, I want to thank everyone who kept my better half, Karen fully entertained during my brief illness at the rally. I hope to participate 100% at the next rally.
RViBrake2 Auxilliary Braking System w/ TPMS
Frank and Karen Mann
YouTheMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:48 PM   #11

Thanks for the detailed comments.
Cummins said that my engine serial number was not listed in that recall (??? All 8.9 ISL seem the same to me) and that it would not be covered by warranty.
I spoke to the mechanic in Chattanooga that changed out my engine exhaust cooler and he assured me that two of these/ line would solve the problem. Said they absorb the vibration.
At this point I’ll take a chance that he is correct, don’t have time to order and get installed before next trip.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:16 PM   #12

Brian,

I will get part numbers for you tomorrow. I bought them from a local truck and RV accessory store. I have the same lights in my F250 and a few other vehicles.

I'll post pics and numbers tomorrow.

Mark
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:31 AM   #13

FOURWHL & DIFISHING:
Here is the link

https://diesellaptops.com/Nexiq-Blue...?categoryId=-1
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:35 AM   #14

Thanks! Mine is already in the mail