Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2018, 10:38 AM   #1
Commercial Member

Potential Missing Satellite Switch on 30FW

On all the previous trucks we installed the satellite switch up in the cab over area and that was installed by our mid-line guys.

On the 30FW that switch was moved to the cabinet over the micro and then to the cabinet over the door and someone decided it should be installed in final finish. Unfortunately no one told them that. SO they know now....and everything I checked on line had the switch, but I was talking with another customer and their switch was missing. No wires exposed either.

We have updated that procedure and added a system check for the sat to "make sure when the switch is powered up, you hear the motor operate".

In the meantime....we think more than one got out. Obviously this would be covered under warranty and a dealer can do the install. For those that have this issue and did not want to wait, I have posted the instructions below.

The first place to look is the false panel below the cabinet above the micro. Or they could be behind the panel over the door. That, is a rats nest of wires...so hope that it is under the panel over the fridge.

"If the Sat. Prep wires aren't in the cabinet behind the control panel (over the door) they will be under the bottom panel of the cabinet over the micro-wave as shown in the photo. They should be marked Sat. Prep and the wires are a Yellow with a Black Stripe and a White. The 2 wires coming from the Sat. itself are a Red and a Black. The Black wire gets connected to the White and the Red and the Yellow/Black go to the switch."

The switch I just had sent out, came in a little bag and had all the connectors included.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Panel.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	266.1 KB
ID:	173037   Click image for larger version

Name:	Winegard Instructions.png
Views:	74
Size:	286.7 KB
ID:	173038  

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 03:25 PM   #2

To add to Brian Post above, here is what I had to do to my 30FW:

1. Locate the black and red wires from the satellite in the cabinet above the microwave under the panel. Note that the red and black wires are in a black casing that looks like a small coax cable. See Pics

2. Drill 2 holes, one in the lower left corner of the cabinet above the microwave and the other in the lower left corner in the cabinet above the sink. This will allow you to run the cable into the cabinet above the entry door, behind the fuse panel.

3. Once the black and red wires are ran through to the area behind the fuse panel, locate the white and yellow with black stripe wires. Use either white wire or yellow with black stripe wire if you have more than one available. See pic

4. Connect the black and white wire together using a butt connector. Attach the red and yellow with black stripe wire separately to the switch using the flag connectors as supplied.

5. Install switch to same panel that the fuse box is conncted to. See Pic

BG

Sorry pics uploaded sideways so you’ll have to turn your head. Haha. BG
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CC7814FD-CF86-4DE8-86C2-69C98FE76582.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	254.0 KB
ID:	173198   Click image for larger version

Name:	F7AD8E1E-ACCE-4705-ADA9-AC5BE615CB9E.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	227.8 KB
ID:	173199   Click image for larger version

Name:	BA87A8CA-24E2-485A-8C13-F00BDBC552BC.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	488.5 KB
ID:	173200   Click image for larger version

Name:	FBEA4556-3AC5-47CE-8787-864B21CC1D87.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	335.3 KB
ID:	173201  
Adrenalista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:13 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Nice work Brian. That's why we couldn't find the red/black wire in the pictures you texted me. sneaky little bastards hiding in a black cover. Glad it worked out...and sorry for the miss. Your problem did help us identify a larger issue...So as "patient zero"...maybe find some pleasure that your pain will prevent this pain for others

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, satellite, switch