Old 10-13-2018, 02:07 PM   #1

Precision Plex

Have a 2017 Dynaquest XL. Precision Plex started acting up First grey tank had no reading. Then grey and black tank show No Digi Level Com on panel. The panel in the wet bay shows nothing. Now generator shows same com error. Multiples panel in front cab stopped working. Including starting the generator. It seems failures are multiplying.

This was after four days of aqua hot issues

Where do I start

Worm43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 03:00 PM   #2

If the Panel in the wet bay is out/blank Iíve been told that it can mess with the entire Precision Plex system. During the PDI on our Isata 5 that panel went out and then the generator would not start. Maybe start with replacing that panel.

bratbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 01:15 AM   #3

on the I5 it reads the tank levels and the generator hours, not sure it if controls the start on the generator. Ours went out and replaced it. I think the "No Digi Level Com" means it is not communicating at all. On our I5 it is a terminated data cable so it does not pass on to another board. If the DX does daisy chain to another board and this one is out the plex system will not see the next control board which might be the cause of your additional bad readings. You can check to make sure all the connections are ok. Unplug the data cable first and plug back in to see if that helps. I think ours went out due to moisture (and lead free solder). Replacement is just unplugging cables from old board and plugging cables into the new board. Call PrecisionPlex and talk to service.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:38 PM   #4

Thanks for the responses. I pulled the fuse for exterior monitor and all is well. Fonts are broken up so monitor may still have to be replaced
Worm43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:28 AM   #5
GM

Correct. If that outside panel gets wet, it is like having a phone off the hook in the house. It is sending bad signals all over the place.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 12:09 PM   #6

Can the readout in the wet bay be by-passed or deleted?

Ours was bad when we did our PDI in June, now another one is bad (Brian sent me one to a friends house since we're on the road, haven't swung by to pick it up and install yet).

I really don't need to see the tank levels from the wet bay.

2015 Jeep Wrangler JKU toad
Slolane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 12:28 PM   #7
GM

You could re-route it or cover it up.

It has "exist" because it takes the analog readings and converts them to digital. So it must be somewhere...Going forward I have asked for the display to be taken off so we can move it to a location that does not need to be accessible...so on the inside. To reduce the change of someone splashing water on it, or even condensation.

Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote