Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2019, 01:35 PM   #1

Precision Plex app showing wildly different display info?

My Bluetooth PP App connects to my coach fine, or so it seems. But the info on the app display does NOT appear to be my coach.

When I press the icons for the lights that have similar names I hear a clicking but no response from the lights. The 'Master' icon works however for turning all lights on and off.

The PP panel is fine, but with the app I cannot control the slides, I get improper tank readings etc. It also say "Louisville" in the lower left. Its like it connected to someone else coach. Any thoughts?

2020 Isata 5 30FW 4x4
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
TrailWayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 04:05 PM   #2
Commercial Member

I guess I woudl make sure you had the latest update of the APP. (Which as a new coach you should). Also, I wonder there are various versions that we have come out with...maybe the wrong 30FW version is selected on the touch screen. I do not recall what you have to do to change that, but PP might. I won;t be able to find out until Monday.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 04:29 PM   #3

How DID we get by before Smart Phones??? leave it home. Go camping. Enjoy!!!
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I guess I woudl make sure you had the latest update of the APP. (Which as a new coach you should). Also, I wonder there are various versions that we have come out with...maybe the wrong 30FW version is selected on the touch screen. I do not recall what you have to do to change that, but PP might. I won;t be able to find out until Monday.
I do have the latest version of the app. Using iPhone 11 Pro. The sales manager had an iPhone X and the service tech had an android phone. We had the same screens on all of our phones.

2020 Isata 5 30FW 4x4
Old 12-08-2019, 01:08 PM   #5
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
How DID we get by before Smart Phones??? leave it home. Go camping. Enjoy!!!
When your awning control panel is in the middle of the coach, like ours, it’s kind of impossible to see where the awnings are without an app.

Precision Circuits has a support email address on their web site. They have always answered my emails within a day with a competent response and usually the same day, even on weekends. Give them a try.

Ray
Old 12-10-2019, 05:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
Precision Circuits has a support email address on their web site. They have always answered my emails within a day with a competent response and usually the same day, even on weekends. Give them a try.
Ray
I will try contacting them tomorrow. I can't even connect to the PP panel anymore.

2020 Isata 5 30FW 4x4
Old 05-03-2020, 05:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailWayz View Post
My Bluetooth PP App connects to my coach fine, or so it seems. But the info on the app display does NOT appear to be my coach.

When I press the icons for the lights that have similar names I hear a clicking but no response from the lights. The 'Master' icon works however for turning all lights on and off.

The PP panel is fine, but with the app I cannot control the slides, I get improper tank readings etc. It also say "Louisville" in the lower left. Its like it connected to someone else coach. Any thoughts?
Hello... Did you ever get an answer or remedy for the phone app? My shows Louisville in bottom left corner as well and doesn't operate many things in the rv. 2016 Isata 5 36DS

Anyway to change the app?
Thanks
dbaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 08:28 AM   #8
Commercial Member

It may be that the wrong model is selected on the PP itself (not the app). There is a way to change which model/version is selected, but I'll have to look that one up as I have not ever had to do it.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 09:10 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaction View Post
Hello... Did you ever get an answer or remedy for the phone app? My shows Louisville in bottom left corner as well and doesn't operate many things in the rv. 2016 Isata 5 36DS

Anyway to change the app?
Thanks
I called Precision Plex. It will a simple fix. I just don't recall the steps and can find my notes. You have to reset it using the controller by the fuse panel.

If I find my notes I will post them this thread.

2020 Isata 5 30FW 4x4
Old 05-04-2020, 09:17 AM   #10

Often, electronics can be reset by removing power, wait 5 minutes, reconnect to power. Also, turn off your phone and restart it.

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 04:15 PM   #11
NXR

I don’t remember the precise steps but it involves tapping the Settings gear and then tapping on the word at the center top of the touchscreen. Once you get into it, you’ll see it. You can scroll left-right through the different RV types and select your exact model, among other things.

Ray
Old 05-04-2020, 08:55 PM   #12

Thanks everyone for the great help and ideas...
Talked to Precision Circuits today (Danny) and he verified the actual module that I received is not specifically for the earlier Dynamax I-5 36DS...
He said he would reprogram the module and send back to me.
He also said that each module is specific to the coach.
dbaction is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show