Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2018, 04:46 PM   #1

Precision Plex no Midi_PCS module comm

I have my 2018 I5 plugged into a 120v 20amp circuit at our home. Can anyone help me with the error code. I cannot find any information in my manual or internet search. Also, I notice in the thread “no amps” that his Power Control System shows 50-amps. Why does my PCS only show 30 amp when I have 50 amp capability?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1519595165.817697.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	231.9 KB
ID:	163379   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1519595184.021229.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	253.1 KB
ID:	163380   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1519595195.068071.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	292.6 KB
ID:	163381  
Old 02-25-2018, 07:05 PM   #2

I went to the dealer yesterday to test drive the I5 i am buying, we tried to get the slides in and batteries were dead, i have the exact same message on the controller you do, unit was not plugged in though, would like to know as well..
heaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 07:18 PM   #3

On mine, if connect up to anything less than 50 amp sit defaults to 30 amps and I then select 20 amps from the screen. I’m assuming you can do the same one the error message is rectified. Have you tried disconnecting mains supply and12v supply and reconnecting? If my screen locks up it clears when I do the above
Motorhome1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:04 PM   #4

I unplugged, I disconnected the batteries with red knob in the bay, but the touchscreen display still has the error code. Note: after turning the disconnect knob to off and unplugged from shore power I expected to plunge into darkness, however the lights and display stayed on.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:24 PM   #5

You can the support with the email address below
mailto:d.dinovo@precisioncircuitsinc.com.
I have a DX3 and when I disconnect batteries my screen goes off and power system controller. It can take 15 mins before power goes off. Have you turned both chassis and house batteries off?
Motorhome1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:48 AM   #6

Not sure if same issue as we had but check this post: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...or-137072.html

Also call precision plex as they are usually very helpful.
RE: showing 30 amps not 50. The module knows if you have single or 2 phase (50amp) power. If single phase you have to tell it if 30,20, or 15 amp service.

As a note on power off to reset: our power never shuts off even with the switch turned to off and waiting 1/2 hr.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:10 PM   #7

Today I called Precision and after following their instructions, I discovered two unplugged cables behind the Diagnostic Center under the bed (see photos). It appears that there is an obvious place to plug in the gray data cable (but unsure). However, there was no obvious place to plug in the second cable. The Precision folks were super nice, but unable to troubleshoot over the telephone. Without making the three-hour trip to the dealer, any suggestions on how I might proceed? Also, I still have my original question about whether I have the correct touch screen which has never displayed 50 Amps like photo posted in the “no amps” thread.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1519772954.484594.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	335.9 KB
ID:	163616Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1519772973.498858.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	245.1 KB
ID:	163617
Old 02-27-2018, 08:12 PM   #8

Re unplugged cables: I was going to say just plug in the data cable and see what happens as there are no high voltages on the cable and they either communicate or they do not. BUT: looking at the cable data and power and looking at my pictures from the previous mentioned thread it looks like you are missing the control board for the power monitor. The data cable should go to the module and the power connector should power the control board. Look at the first picture in I posted in that thread. Look around in there and see if there is a board like the one shown. Mine originally was just floating in space (had wires connected though). Factory may have not installed or not seated connectors properly.

RE 50amps: Note: if the module is not there/working nothing may be correct in the menu system--- did this menu ever work right? Have you ever been plugged into 50amp source? It only shows 50amp when plugged into a 50amp source. If you are on 50 amps will not show current draw.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:34 PM   #9

Plugging only the data cable into the vacant spot was part of the trouble shooting the Precision Circuits tech and I did...[emoji853] nothing happened, error code still there.
Re your thread: I could not locate the board shown in your pictures.

We have only camped a couple times and I don’t recall seeing that message, but that doesn’t mean it hasn’t always been there. We have always used 50 Amp service.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:27 AM   #10

Sorry I can't be more help. The color coding on the power connector matches the power connector on the control board for this in my picture. The error code matches for no board present. The only other thing I can suggest is to track down where the loose data cable comes from. On mine for that board it comes out of the back of the breaker box bottom left when looking at the breaker box from the front.
The board which you do not appear to have has two data lines and the power connector attached to it. One data line comes out of the breaker box (as above) and is attached to the sensor (shown from the front in the second pic in the other post). The other data line goes to the controller. You can see the connections in my first picture in the other post.

If the data cable you have appears to come out the back of the breaker box then it probably is for this board. There might be a data cable from the controller that is not hooked to anything as well; this would have been the other cable to the control board.

If the data cable appears to be the correct one coming from the back of the breaker box I would call precision plex and ask them to send you a board and the cable (if there is no extra cable around).
They can get it two you in a couple of days--- all should just plug in.
You may have to get dynamax to authorize. My issues with them have been things that are not working under warranty so I have returned broken parts. It appears your board was never installed or it was removed for some reason.

Note: without this board working I think the controller will let you power anything anytime. So if you were on a 110V 15 amp; it would let you turn on both air conditioners/heat pumps and you could blow fuses.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:17 AM   #11
Commercial Member

We share harnesses with other models, so unplugged wires are not always a clear indication of something that got unplugged. Let me talk to my EE>

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:20 AM   #12

47n EMS module is plugged into a box Midi PCS 16130 Vr1.23 at port J1

EMS module 47 cable plunged into port j4 ( lin1 )
Data cable plugged into port j2 amps1 and runs to breaker box.

Name:	IMG_1921.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	387.6 KB
ID:	163794

Name:	IMG_1922.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	343.8 KB
ID:	163795
Old 03-01-2018, 03:02 PM   #13

Thanks, this helps. It looks like I am missing that small module and possibly the data line that connects it to the diagnostic center. I know that was a hassle to take the panel off to take those photos. I really do appreciate your help!!! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2451.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	163834Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2446.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	275.5 KB
ID:	163835
Old 03-01-2018, 04:33 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We share harnesses with other models, so unplugged wires are not always a clear indication of something that got unplugged. Let me talk to my EE>

Any word from your EE? I was able to reboot the system today and the error message is still there. If I am missing that smaller module, it has either never been there since the beginning or removed by the dealer. We had our coach serviced last month to repair the back up camera and a couple of minor issues. I just spoke to the tech department at the dealer and they assured me that they would not have removed anything or even been in that area. If I have to return to the dealer, that is a six hour round trip. Is there anything I can do in the alternative? We have a 10 day trip planned in four weeks.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:06 PM   #15
Commercial Member

He is on a project right now. Did Precision say you should have that Midi box??? I know some parts we added at a later date (like the bluetooth module) and were not part of the original spec.

Old 03-02-2018, 12:15 PM   #16

Quote:
He is on a project right now. Did Precision say you should have that Midi box??? I know some parts we added at a later date (like the bluetooth module) and were not part of the original spec.

FYI, the midi box came installed. The BT module is another box not in the picture.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:29 PM   #17

Quote:

What I got out of my phone calls with Precision, was there should be a module for me to plug into. While talking with the techs, I could never find what they were describing. I don’t remember them ever questioning whether or not I should have that module.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:48 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsataMatata View Post
What I got out of my phone calls with Precision, was there should be a module for me to plug into. While talking with the techs, I could never find what they were describing. I don’t remember them ever questioning whether or not I should have that module.

Just to be clear, I don’t see a “midi” box. We can communicate with the Plex via Bluetooth with our phones.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:05 PM   #19
Commercial Member

You're missing the midi board. That just handles the communication with the MES system.

You need the board and the cables, just to make sure you have them.

Our part number is D02060154 (Vendor Part number is 00-10050-701)

Old 03-02-2018, 02:38 PM   #20

Quote:
You're missing the midi board. That just handles the communication with the MES system.

You need the board and the cables, just to make sure you have them.

Our part number is D02060154 (Vendor Part number is 00-10050-701)

So how do I get one of those and does it come with user friendly instructions. (cause you know DW will make me read them)