Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2019, 02:42 PM   #1

PrecisionPlex Power Control Screen on DX3

The information provided for this screen in the PPlex seems incomplete. It only shows AquaHot and rear A/C under Loads even though I have front AC on too (fan only) but it is not listed.

A friend of mine had a Forest River Class A with seemingly same PPlex system and he had a ton of more information. On power he even had L1 and L2 current being monitored separately and shown...way cool.

Is this just the way the DX3s are built or should I dig into this? I would like to hear from other DX3 owners to understand what they see on these screens.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	08C67D1B-C623-423D-A4CF-FD7277470492.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	215843   Click image for larger version

Name:	B3123BBC-6B29-4D13-AFDE-960ED2D5D2B2.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	215844  
Old 09-26-2019, 04:20 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Could be an issue with the midi-module...or your power source. Also, is the Inverter set to only 5 amps??

Precision Plex might be the quickest to answer that question on the screen..but I seem to think it was the midi the last time.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 05:31 PM   #3

The screen and its limitations are the same on my 2019 XL.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Could be an issue with the midi-module...or your power source. Also, is the Inverter set to only 5 amps??

Precision Plex might be the quickest to answer that question on the screen..but I seem to think it was the midi the last time.
I had my gen running and the two A/C on fan-low. Inverter was off. I did start a coffee pot and the current jumped to 12amps which seemed about right, so I know some parts of system are being monitored...seems like total current. Turned each A/C on then off and the current did change at the Control Panel for each action, so that confirmed it must be monitoring total current from both L1 & L2.

On shore power 30 amp: I know L1 & L2 would be tied together thru the dogbone, so nothing really significant can be drawn from that. Next time I get 50 amp shore power will have to retest.

As far as Inverter on/off did not impact current reported in Control Panel at all. That just tells me that sensor is before Inverter.

Located the midi module and I see it seems to only has 1 port for amps and two ports called Lin (I assume one for L1 and one for L2 ?) However, only have a comm cable plugged into one of the Lin ports. I don’t see any other loose comm cables laying around that should plug into 2nd Lin port (?)

So, I will just have to assume that this is just the way this rig is put together unless some other DX3’rs show something different.

Tags
dx3, power