Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2018, 03:26 PM   #1

Problems with my DX3 radio, AC Doors.

My radio that is located in the front chassis was installed by Dynamax is having a error problem. My coach is in the repair shop right now and they’re telling me that they do not have the tools to remove it to check it. It’s a T40 I think. freightliner will not work on it because it’s not part of the chassis It was added by dynamax. The remote power wire that is in the back of the radio does not work(has no power out). When ever you plug-in a iPod after some time past it errors and locks of the radio so I changed the cord and Device and it does the same thing. And I just purchases the subscription traffic for the GPS( see picture below).
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0987.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	322.4 KB
ID:	191870

Also the radio restarts and go back to the Dynamax screen and stays. My question is how do I receive a replacement radio so I can change it out from Dynamax? I’m still waiting to see if they can get a replacement hubcap because I had to pay freightliner $195 to tell me it’s bad.

Also I took my coach to the same repair shop over the summer and explain to them that the front AC is not working correctly and They are telling me there is nothing they can do about it because the weather is too cold. So I asked them what about the tripping of the AC breaker for the front unit, they tell me it didn’t happen for them. I just came back from Florida four weeks ago and It was doing the same thing. Then I asked them about the rear AC dumping condensate on the floor inside of my Coach and they told me that they added more aluminum tape on it to fix it. REALLY����

Over the summer they charge me $100 to tell me that they can’t do nothing about the front AC unit because it wouldn’t happen for them. ����. Now I’m a $300.00 into this which is supposed to be warranty repair.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1430.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	229.9 KB
ID:	191868
furb30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 03:53 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by furb30 View Post
My radio that is located in the front chassis was installed by Dynamax is having a error problem. My coach is in the repair shop right now and they’re telling me that they do not have the tools to remove it to check it. It’s a T40 I think. freightliner will not work on it because it’s not part of the chassis It was added by dynamax. The remote power wire that is in the back of the radio does not work(has no power out). When ever you plug-in a iPod after some time past it errors and locks of the radio so I changed the cord and Device and it does the same thing. And I just purchases the subscription traffic for the GPS( see picture below).
Attachment 191870

Also the radio restarts and go back to the Dynamax screen and stays. My question is how do I receive a replacement radio so I can change it out from Dynamax? I’m still waiting to see if they can get a replacement hubcap because I had to pay freightliner $195 to tell me it’s bad.

Also I took my coach to the same repair shop over the summer and explain to them that the front AC is not working correctly and They are telling me there is nothing they can do about it because the weather is too cold. So I asked them what about the tripping of the AC breaker for the front unit, they tell me it didn’t happen for them. I just came back from Florida four weeks ago and It was doing the same thing. Then I asked them about the rear AC dumping condensate on the floor inside of my Coach and they told me that they added more aluminum tape on it to fix it. REALLY����

Over the summer they charge me $100 to tell me that they can’t do nothing about the front AC unit because it wouldn’t happen for them. ����. Now I’m a $300.00 into this which is supposed to be warranty repair.
Attachment 191868
As far as removing the radio you can buy a radio removal tool kit from NAPA or Amazon. The last one I purchased was 4 or 5 bucks.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 04:11 PM   #3

My Dx3 is 10 months old it should be under warranty.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:31 PM   #4

Not sure what is causing your radio problem, but I had issues with the nav system and contacted:

Chris Hoeppner
Technical Advisor
RiverPark, Inc
1-800-442-7717 (U.S. Only)
574-522-7781 Ext. 330
574-295-8780 (Fax)

I had a corrupt sd card and they replaced it under warranty, but that was a year ago. Chris may be able to diagnose the problems; give him a call.

There is a thread with detailed info on the condensation issue, call:

Jennifer Hoisington
Retail Customer Service

Phone 800-544-4881
jenni.hoisington@dometic.com

Dometic North America Elkhart

She'll send you the necessary parts under warranty. There is an issue that they are addressing that is the inside grill cover they'll send is too small but they are coming up with a fix/part for that.

As far as the wheel issue try:

https://dicorproducts.com/

I lost an acorn lug nut cover and the nut that secures the hub caps to the wheel and they supply Dynamax with the wheels.

If you check under my name you'll find more info I have posted in the past on these issues. Good Luck

Old 11-20-2018, 05:43 PM   #5

First FYI. AC = Alternating Current (electric). A/C = Air Conditioning.

As for the A/C, where you plugged into a campground shore power when the breaker tripped? The problem could be with the shore power and not your coach. Loose plug, loose wires, low voltage, etc.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:31 PM   #6

Man I’d be looking for a new shop if they can’t figure out how to get the radio out. That dash is one of the simplest things to access.

If they can’t find a T40 maybe tell them to check Home Depot....
Old 11-20-2018, 09:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
Man I’d be looking for a new shop if they can’t figure out how to get the radio out. That dash is one of the simplest things to access.

If they can’t find a T40 maybe tell them to check Home Depot....
X2
Motorhome1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:11 AM   #8
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furb30 View Post
My radio that is located in the front chassis was installed by Dynamax is having a error problem.

Also the radio restarts and go back to the Dynamax screen and stays.

Attachment 191868
Hook47 is Spot On.

1. Radio. River Park is the way to go there...but finding a new dealer would help. I had the same issue with the Xite radio, which is how we figured it out in the first place. New SD card is supposed to solve it.

2. A/C Tripping: you might need a "hard start capacitor". When the compressor kicks on, sometimes it does not like the power it is getting.

3. A/C condensation: Take Hooks advice...this is a known issue by Dometic.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 07:12 PM   #9

Sounds like you need a better RV repair shop if you’re not skilled in these areas and want warranty service!
mikew968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 03:47 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
First FYI. AC = Alternating Current (electric). A/C = Air Conditioning.

As for the A/C, where you plugged into a campground shore power when the breaker tripped? The problem could be with the shore power and not your coach. Loose plug, loose wires, low voltage, etc.

I was plugged on shore power at 2 different camp ground. Florida and Indiana.
Old 11-25-2018, 06:24 PM   #11

Riverpark has excellent customer service however you should be able to go to the dealer and have them look at it.

I had problems with my radio in my DX3 and it was because whoever installed it at the factory broke the wire for the GPS. Warranty denied the claim saying that I used electrical tape to tape the GPS wire into the back of the radio. (morons)

The only reason I got them to cover it is because it was showing Indiana on the screen and clearly the only time the DX3 had been to Indiana was when it as built.

Hope you get it fixed soon. That sucks when you'd get a new vehicle.

Mark
Orangecrush is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, radio