Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2017, 06:26 AM   #1

Purchase

Thinking of purchasing 2017 Dynamax Isata 5 so therefore looking for any pros and cons .. Haven't signed on the dotted line yet
Tom
Tom2129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:10 AM   #2
Commercial Member

There are a great number of Pros with the Isata 5! It has evolved a little bit since we first came out with this model, so depending on the exact one you are looking at it could be a little different. Do you have a link to the one you are interested in?
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
zgipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:36 AM   #3

It is a 2017 Isata 5 35 DB . It is on the dealer lot here where I live
Tom
Tom2129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:15 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Perfect. Do you know the dealer?

The top ten pros for me would be:

1. Full body paint with cut and buffed clear coat, done in our facility

2. Truma AquaGo (tankless, on-demand water heater) hands-down one of the best on the market

3. One-piece fiberglass roof skin, more durable than TPO

4. Aluminum storage doors and rotocast storage compartments

5. Dodge Ram 5500 chassis with Cummins 6.7L engine 325HP and 750llb-ft torque with 10,000 towing capacity

6. 4-Point leveling jacks

7. Dual AGM coach batteries (longer lifespan and maintenance free)

8. Fresh/Grey/Black tanks are 95/52/52 gallons

9. One-piece vinyl flooring inside the coach

10. The space is very user friendly. The sofa folds out into a bed, the dinette converts to a bed, and the bunk area can be used for living or sleeping purposes by dropping the top bunk and folding out the little sofa below it
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
zgipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:37 AM   #5

We bought a 35DB last November, and we couldn't be happier. We have 3 boys, and it fits us perfectly. The driving experience is great - we're about 1300 miles in to a 9000 mile trip over the summer, and it's been handling the mountains with ease - passing semis on the ascents, and, with the exhaust brake system and the auto-downshift when in tow/haul mode, I don't have to use the brakes at all on the 8% down grades - and this is all while towing the car.

For handling wind, I've been super impressed - the Isata 5 deals with cross winds *so* much better than the Class A we rented last summer - I'm not fighting winds at all. I still have to steer in to a strong wind, but it doesn't float all over the road, and there's almost no sway.

I've gotten admirers pretty much every day of the trip so far, many just completely blown away. Lot's of people super-surprised to see a coach on the Ram chassis, and very intrigued.

One of the other things that is just amazing is bclemens and zgipson here on the forum - I have never seen the level of customer orientation and service that these two provide, and they take customer input very seriously, making changes on the production line and quality control process based on feedback from this forum. They also jump in any time someone has a problem (either in the field or with a dealer), and help them get the issue resolved.

To sum up - do it, you'll love your Isata 5!
Old 06-28-2017, 09:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_james View Post
We bought a 35DB last November, and we couldn't be happier. We have 3 boys, and it fits us perfectly. The driving experience is great - we're about 1300 miles in to a 9000 mile trip over the summer, and it's been handling the mountains with ease - passing semis on the ascents, and, with the exhaust brake system and the auto-downshift when in tow/haul mode, I don't have to use the brakes at all on the 8% down grades - and this is all while towing the car.

For handling wind, I've been super impressed - the Isata 5 deals with cross winds *so* much better than the Class A we rented last summer - I'm not fighting winds at all. I still have to steer in to a strong wind, but it doesn't float all over the road, and there's almost no sway.

I've gotten admirers pretty much every day of the trip so far, many just completely blown away. Lot's of people super-surprised to see a coach on the Ram chassis, and very intrigued.

One of the other things that is just amazing is bclemens and zgipson here on the forum - I have never seen the level of customer orientation and service that these two provide, and they take customer input very seriously, making changes on the production line and quality control process based on feedback from this forum. They also jump in any time someone has a problem (either in the field or with a dealer), and help them get the issue resolved.

To sum up - do it, you'll love your Isata 5!

Agree!
I have read many many pages of the forum, and have never seen the level of support that bclemens and zgipson provide here. Thank You both for your time and support.
2015 Windjammer
Texas LT and LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:49 PM   #7

We have the 35ds. Agree with all the comments. Dynamax continues to improve the product base on customer feedback and new products. So double check what new upgrades the model you are looking at has. Several changes since the model I have are arm rests in seats, rear view camera that can be turned in while driving, delete second gas tank to increase CCCC.

Have done a 3,800 mile trip towing a Jeep. Drives great. Comfortable with good usable space.

A big plus is folks from Dynamax are accessible to help with problems and listen to feedback to improve the product.

Good luck on your decision.