Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2019, 09:00 AM   #1

Purchased a 37BH - Thank you for your help and guidance!

We finally purchased a Dynamax! It is a 2017 DX3 37BH with about 14k miles. It appears pretty clean. We are hoping that turns out to be the case.

Thank you so much to everyone who has answered questions and shared your experience and insight over the past several months! This forum is an excellent resource! We hope we can contribute to the community.

We originally intended to buy a new 34KD or 37BH, but there was nothing available with a 2-way refrigerator unless we special ordered (i.e. fall delivery), and we really wanted to use it this summer.

The 37BH that we bought has a 2-way refrigerator. In addition, it has the standard loveseat instead of the entertainment center/fireplace option. We really like the opposing seating right behind the cab -- it is nice for conversation when traveling or when stopped. We also like the fact that with the living area access door moved back a few feet, the unfolded sofa bed doesn't disrupt the living area or ability to get in/out of the coach.

First Drive Comments

I drove it home to Las Vegas from Southern California. I am so impressed with how well this drives. Others have said it is like driving a larger SUV. That is a good description. (A pretty large SUV, though )

It had nice power going up Cajon Pass and other grades. It smoothly passed semis going more slowly up the truck lanes. Several large tour buses and larger semi trucks passed me. It was very solid -- no white knuckle experiences. Only a little push from a couple of them.

Truck stop fueling with the dual pumps was easy. We will try to do that whenever possible.

We are planning to go to an empty parking lot to experiment with the tail swing. We have read others' warnings about this, and want to get a better feel for how that works and where the back corners are.

Thank you Brian and Dynamax for making such a great product, and thanks again to this great community!
content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 11:37 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by content View Post
We finally purchased a Dynamax! It is a 2017 DX3 37BH with about 14k miles. It appears pretty clean. We are hoping that turns out to be the case.

Thank you so much to everyone who has answered questions and shared your experience and insight over the past several months! This forum is an excellent resource! We hope we can contribute to the community.

We originally intended to buy a new 34KD or 37BH, but there was nothing available with a 2-way refrigerator unless we special ordered (i.e. fall delivery), and we really wanted to use it this summer.

The 37BH that we bought has a 2-way refrigerator. In addition, it has the standard loveseat instead of the entertainment center/fireplace option. We really like the opposing seating right behind the cab -- it is nice for conversation when traveling or when stopped. We also like the fact that with the living area access door moved back a few feet, the unfolded sofa bed doesn't disrupt the living area or ability to get in/out of the coach.

First Drive Comments

I drove it home to Las Vegas from Southern California. I am so impressed with how well this drives. Others have said it is like driving a larger SUV. That is a good description. (A pretty large SUV, though )

It had nice power going up Cajon Pass and other grades. It smoothly passed semis going more slowly up the truck lanes. Several large tour buses and larger semi trucks passed me. It was very solid -- no white knuckle experiences. Only a little push from a couple of them.

Truck stop fueling with the dual pumps was easy. We will try to do that whenever possible.

We are planning to go to an empty parking lot to experiment with the tail swing. We have read others' warnings about this, and want to get a better feel for how that works and where the back corners are.

Thank you Brian and Dynamax for making such a great product, and thanks again to this great community!
Congratulations!
Welcome to the Dynamax family!
SusieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 12:32 PM   #3

David,
Congratulations, I think you made a fine choice and happy I could help. Enjoy a fine vehicle ...
Bob��
Working hard on “elderhood”
RKBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 01:14 PM   #4

Nice pick, enjoy and welcome
Old 05-26-2019, 01:29 PM   #5

Congrats!
Old 05-26-2019, 08:12 PM   #6

Welcome and congratulations on your rig. Yup won’t regret it
Motorhome1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:48 PM   #7
Retired Army Paratrooper

awesome purchase, looking forward to hearing about your adventures.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:20 AM   #8

Pictures!!!! Pictures. !!
jmillgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:38 AM   #9

Awesome. Congrats.

I totally agree on the opposing seating. Rotate the front seats and you have a nice little room to entertain in when the weather gets crappy. Must have for us.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:52 PM   #10

Good choice, welcome to the group.
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:23 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Congrats and welcome to the family!! We chose the same floorplan and have hosted many people several times when raining out, plus going on long trips with 5 that extra seating is golden. Enjoy your beautiful coach!!
Old 06-01-2019, 11:05 AM   #12

Congratulations!!! You'll love that Cummins power and the handling of the RAM chassis.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:13 AM   #13
ETF

Congratulations!!! I hope that you enjoy it in years to come.

Your personal preference on the floor plan is exactly that … your personal preference. Same with the fixtures and fittings. We only travel with 2 people and two dogs so our needs and requirements are different from yours. The biggest thing that I've found over the years is that if your wife is happy with it then life is sweet.

Enjoy it and use it often.
ETF is offline   Reply With Quote